Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-16-20-26-23-44_b5a5c5cb02ca09c784c5d88160e2ec24.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-16-20-26-23-44_b5a5c5cb02ca09c784c5d88160e2ec24.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: jasons1004

jasons1004

Sep 17, 2010
chicago
Oh ok.., strange, link works fine for me.

It's called simple dialer, really dumbed down, I'm sure there are better ones, I'll try some others, I've been using nova so can change icons as I see fit
I only use stock launchers these days due to the slight delay when gesturing home before you can click on something.
I miss nova but stock launcher is pretty decent.

Reactions: Prant and dladz

Prant

Jan 23, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Ladies and gentlemen, here you are:
The worst music control widget in notification panelView attachment 5687731
Yeah, not to mention it seems to occasionally just stop working on lock screen. Like... it works but doesn't update the song info anymore on lock screen until you close the backend app, hahaha. Funny.

However, this beta has seemed to fix the audio stutters on first Bluetooth connection. I agree with @dladz ,the battery is definitely worse off. After ~1 day of use it's far lower than it would be on OOS12. By almost ~15%.

Last edited:

S /\ E E D

Jun 8, 2014
OnePlus 10 Pro
Yeah, not to mention it seems to occasionally just stop working on loco screen. Like... it works but doesn't update the song info anymore on lock screen until you close the backend app, hahaha. Funny.

However, this beta has seemed to fix the audio stutters on first Bluetooth connection. I agree with @dladz ,the battery is definitely worse off. After ~1 day of use it's far lower than it would be on OOS12. By almost ~15%.
Exactly!
Also i can't develop my music player app with this custom music control widget!
It isn't developer friendly !

Reactions: dladz and Prant

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Pretty much the same, the auto brightness has definitely taken a large turn for the worse. Haven't tested the calling issues you had though. The proximity sensor... works.. but it's noticeably weakened? Would be nice if you could control it's.. well proximity.
There's an app called proximity fixer (sounds Dodge)

It can show what the sensor is doing, mine was set to far for whatever reason. Not great and I'd call it a bug.

During a call you'll see what I mean. Have been trying some apps and reading their terms of service and Jesus Christ is a mine field, the access they "require" is ridiculous.

I get it that it's a phone app which obviously needs access, but honestly I'm reluctant to allow it, feels very iffy.

Think I got lucky with simpler dialer, weirdly it's orange too which is kind of the theme I've gone with.

My drain has been really low overnight for battery too, all in all besides the auto brightness I've not had a single other issue

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Google Chrome randomly doesn't load pages and it says: "Can't load the page" and i have to Force Stop it and then it works again !!
I didn't have this issue on OSS 12
Have you updated Chrome. Could also be the core apps not being compatible with 13 just yet. We know that the Google dialer doesn't even light up the screen so it would be safe to say that Chrome may be affected too.

I've not had this issue yet.

S /\ E E D

Jun 8, 2014
OnePlus 10 Pro
Have you updated Chrome. Could also be the core apps not being compatible with 13 just yet. We know that the Google dialer doesn't even light up the screen so it would be safe to say that Chrome may be affected too.

I've not had this issue yet.
Yes, i'm sure that i have the latest version of chrome.
I'm using VPN a lot.
Maybe a VPN Traffic Tunneling issue

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Greenberg the premium version of simpler dialer (only 79p) really cheap do don't mind, just means I can make it a lot cleaner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-17-07-15-48-44_765f8dabff0c1b40e2676405b965e035.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-17-07-15-48-44_765f8dabff0c1b40e2676405b965e035.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2022-08-17-07-15-59-49_bfe301085a6bc0d11986c0f052383a73.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-17-07-15-59-49_bfe301085a6bc0d11986c0f052383a73.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 35

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Probably data wipe should fix it because i also don't have this issue.
Proximity bug still present and auto brightness.

Screen lighting up working fine, just a pain to do a full wipe for one thing I could have lived without

Are you using the EU version of beta 2?

I am and up till now I'm the only one with this bug.

The person I spoke with on TG was on global but with an EU phone so I'm thinking it must be that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is stable now as you can see in community forum :)
    I just got the push notification after trying all kinds of refresh. Ty
    Yes I do, you've changed bases and inherited what was on the previous one..

A factory wiped will give you a fresh start.

100% recommended
    It helps! Thanks a lot!
    They pushed OOS13 Stable (or open beta 3, who knows), I installed it without any issues, so you probably did something wrong or whatever. Was your phone rooted before, any magisk modules etc?
    Yeah, I probably should have rebooted before installing 'cause the update itself came across weird for me. It didn't claim to be Beta 3.
    As per usual I did the typical update process when rooted -> uninstall magisk with restore images, do OTA, install to inactive slot, reboot.
    Yeah, I probably should have rebooted before installing 'cause the update itself came across weird for me. It didn't claim to be Beta 3.
    As per usual I did the typical update process when rooted -> uninstall magisk with restore images, do OTA, install to inactive slot, reboot.
    I heard that this process ended up in Qualcomm crashdump for someone too. So I did basic reboot after installation with disabled magisk modules and flashed and then flashed boot img with fastboot and it worked.
    There's quite a few threads asking just this question.

In short the answer is no you should avoid any new OnePlus devices.

The device you have is superb, you won't get the cameras you've already got, a great performance to power ratio, excellent development on xda, the old (normal) thread style and a vibrant community.

The pixel 7 is a good shout but again it's still not going to be an amazing phone from the information that's available.

My advice, stick where you are and flash Evo X, it really isn't going to get any better than that for the foreseeable future.
    Thanks I only was afraid I'm going to break this op8 and be out a device. Planning contingency
    Can't wait so installed on stock IN build.smoother experience till now. Sharing of content looks amazing
    Images from Techdroider looks amazing 😍
    Just installed the open beta.
    It's kinda great so far 😅👍
    I agree, any idea what that Chinese writing is when you click it?
    Screenshot_2022-08-16-14-23-46-64_7a5391456ddf15713cd09dfbd75e8325.jpg
    here's my advice for anyone installing this on a rooted device and want to retain root by flashing in the other slot. DON'T!

Flashing this on a rooted device should be fine since it's the full zip, but don't root by flashing in the other slot after OTA. My experience with flashing a new android version and trying to keep root on multiple OP phones have ended up in a soft brick. The only difference here is that we don't have TWRP or unbrick tools to save your ass.

Let the phone update to android 13 and let it boot up at least once or twice before extracting the boot, patching, and rooting.

You're welcome!
    Updated yesterday. Ran EU, updated with IN. No problems so far. Haven't used the phone so much, but I can tell you already that the update is better than ColorOS shait.

Battery also seems stable from yesterday. Over the night, the phone have only dropped few %. Checked the battery just now after 30 mins screentime, and it's down to 90%. (Was 94%), and for my usage it's pretty fair.