Question OxygenOS 13

Search This thread

bubobih

Mar 25, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Does anyone have a problem with warp charge. On a13 my phone shows in battery wae
Rp charge but he charge slow, also on lockscreen its only showing charging.

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
OnePlus 9 Pro
Data loss sure......you must downgrade to oos11 EU, then update to oos11c47 global and then update again to c63. After that through local update APK, install Beta oss13 global.
I haven't root.

OK, Got it to work.

So I used EU MSM to return to 11.2.2.2 then tried going straight to Global C47 but it wouldn't list as a local update, so I went to the next NA build 11.2.4.4 ( from here - Thread here ), updated via the settings (local update)

Then updated all the way to Global C47 via normal update, set it up with my account/apps, then updated to Global OxygenOS 12 C63, then finally performed the local update to OxygenOS 13 OB1 using the new app OnePlus posted here )

rmendez011

For anyone living in the U.S. with a LE2125 OnePlus 9 Pro on Verizon, do NOT update to Oxygen OS 13 Open Beta 1, you will not get service, it detects your SIM card, and phone number, but no APN is set, and no Carrier is detected, the obvious solution would be to add an APN, but after adding it, it will not save. T-Mobile works, and I assume AT&T will work.

EDIT: Text messages work, but Calls and data do not work, so weird.

Attachments

• IMG_20220922_122411.jpg
    IMG_20220922_122411.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_2022-09-22-12-23-27-27_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-22-12-23-27-27_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
For anyone living in the U.S. with a LE2125 OnePlus 9 Pro on Verizon, do NOT update to Oxygen OS 13 Open Beta 1, you will not get service, it detects your SIM card, and phone number, but no APN is set, and no Carrier is detected, the obvious solution would be to add an APN, but after adding it, it will not save. T-Mobile works, and I assume AT&T will work.
Try the AddAPN app in the Play Store and see if that works. It does for most devices that block adding APNs.

I would add at least the internet and IMS APNs from here but possibly just add them all until the LTE ones start.

Reactions: TheGhost1951

rmendez011

Try the AddAPN app in the Play Store and see if that works. It does for most devices that block adding APNs.

I would add at least the internet and IMS APNs from here but possibly just add them all until the LTE ones start.

First thing I downloaded after installing OOS 13 was AddAPN, it doesn't work, as soon I press Save, it disappears but it doesn't save any APN.

Also what is this link used for?

Edit: I'm dumb, but It doesn't matter what APN I use, it doesn't add any APN.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
First thing I downloaded after installing OOS 13 was AddAPN, it doesn't work, as soon I press Save, it disappears but it doesn't save any APN.

Also what is this link used for?

Edit: I'm dumb, but It doesn't matter what APN I use, it doesn't add any APN.
That sucks that it doesn't work. With the direction OnePlus has been going in lately, it wouldn't surprise me if this is intentional breakage.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
How did you add an APN without adding a MCC or MNC number, it asks to put both.
I am talking about the native APN settings in the phone, not AddAPN. My MCC and MNC were set by default by the SIM card in the APN settings. As long as I don't change those fields, it saves. If that isn't happening for you, then it's more broken on Verizon than just APN settings.

rmendez011

I am talking about the native APN settings in the phone, not AddAPN. My MCC and MNC were set by default by the SIM card in the APN settings. As long as I don't change those fields, it saves. If that isn't happening for you, then it's more broken on Verizon than just APN settings.
I am also talking about the native APN settings in the phone, I have no APN set with my Verizon SIM card, which is the issue I'm trying to solve, no matter what APN I use, it disappears as soon as I press Add/Save.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I am also talking about the native APN settings in the phone, I have no APN set with my Verizon SIM card, which is the issue I'm trying to solve, no matter what APN I use, it disappears as soon as I press Add/Save.
Yeah so if it's not setting the MCC and MNC automatically like mine (which does so even if there are no APNs set either as this value comes from the network), your phone isn't connecting to the network period.

rmendez011

Yeah so if it's not setting the MCC and MNC automatically like mine (which does so even if there are no APNs set either as this value comes from the network), your phone isn't connecting to the network period.
If I pop in a T-Mobile SIM card I automatically get "T-Mobile LTE" APN, with a Verizon SIM card my APN screen is empty, I can try and add an APN, but it doesn't save, I have an X with empty signal bars as you can see by my original pic.

Weirdly enough, I get text messages, calls and data do not work.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
If I pop in a T-Mobile SIM card I automatically get "T-Mobile LTE" APN, with a Verizon SIM card my APN screen is empty, I can try and add an APN, but it doesn't save, I have an X with empty signal bars as you can see by my original pic.

Weirdly enough, I get text messages, calls and data do not work.
Yeah, that's more than an APN issue. You're probably SOL until they fix it hopefully in OB2.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Oh well, they should add a disclaimer something like "Verizon SIM cards do not work on this build" because all they warn about is Carrier version devices, I don't have a carrier version device, so I assumed it would work just fine, ya know?
I don't disagree with you. It's probably a mistranslation from Chinese.
Guys use local update and NA version to IN verisyon if i switch my files will be deleted ? ?
Do not switch to the IN version if you have an NA phone on an NA network. You'll lose VoLTE, WiFi Calling, and 5G (you can enable 5G if you use the Force LTE Only (4G/5G) app and change the preferred network to NR/LTE but you will have to do this after every reboot and you won't get 5G SA access if you're on T-Mobile).

But no, these updates have not been wiping phones. I would back up just in case though.

Reactions: ooemir

paclaco

Apr 13, 2015
Madrid
OK, Got it to work.

So I used EU MSM to return to 11.2.2.2 then tried going straight to Global C47 but it wouldn't list as a local update, so I went to the next NA build 11.2.4.4 ( from here - Thread here ), updated via the settings (local update)

Then updated all the way to Global C47 via normal update, set it up with my account/apps, then updated to Global OxygenOS 12 C63, then finally performed the local update to OxygenOS 13 OB1 using the new app OnePlus posted here )
Not is necessary use MSM......you can download downgrade zip and install it with local update......then you can to update to c47 global.

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello everyone, I have a slight dilemma here. I have an LE2020 device with OOS11 11.2.10.10.LE15DA (which is India software I guess?), TWRP and rooted. Now I want to make a switch to the 13 beta and trying to find the simplest way.

Software update in system settings offers C.47, that's OOS and not COS, right? However Oxygen Updater app gives the option for the C.63 (LE2021) version. I suppose it would be the best to download full package via Oxygen Updater, and then the beta version should show up after updating to C.63, correct? And would it be best to continue with the India software version (considering I live in Europe)?

Now, what I'd like to know is what's the root situation on OOS13 beta. I know there's no TWRP, but is there stable root? Also, is there a simple way to go back to OOS11 if I don't like it? I'll create a full TWRP backup before any of this, of course.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EU builds have now been added :

OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 (EU) : https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/LE2123_11_F_OTA_2080_all_aacb7a_01000100.zip
    Rollback to OxygenOS 12 (EU) : https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/3808_sign_LE2123_11_C_OTA_1620_all_357a18_01000100.zip

Upgrade tool : https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/OnePlus_tools.apk (Will show up in your apps as "My Application2" for some reason)
    Rooted the boot image for NA and EU :

NA : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14871746926876827734
    EU : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14871746926876827730

Obviously you need to have bootloader unlocked, install the OB1 then run adb reboot bootloader and then fastboot boot Magisk-Patched-OxygenOS-13-OB1-NA.img or Magisk-Patched-OxygenOS-13-OB1-EU.img.

The phone will then boot into the rom rooted
    Copy the Magisk app onto your phone and then use Direct Install to root the actual boot image, if you get the prompt about additional setup, ignore it for now.
    Waiting for OxygenOS 13 OpenBeta 1 release.
    Hello everyone,

Today, we're very thrilled to release our OxygenOS 13 Open Beta, based on Android 13, for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. For those who want to experience OxygenOS 13, now is the time!

Besides, the OxygenOS 13 Ask Me Anything (AMA) session is taking place at the moment, and you are welcome to join and share your questions directly with the OxygenOS 13 Product Team.

For more information about OxygenOS 13, we also prepared this OxygenOS 13 FAQ with answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.

OxygenOS 13 OBT1 will be available in IN and NA at the moment. Due to some slightly different features in each region, OxygenOS 13 will come to the EU in the near future.

In order to upgrade to this build successfully, be sure that your device is in the latest OxygenOS 12 version (C.63). Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.

Known Issues

• Carrier version devices (VZW) aren't compatible with the Open beta builds.
    • After the flashlight is activated, the notification of the flashlight switch will not be shown on the lock screen.
    • Incoming call notifications will not be displayed when an iPhone is calling.

Changelog

• Aquamorphic Design
      • Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
      • Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
      • Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
      • Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
      • Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
      • Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
      • Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
      • Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
      • Optimizes fonts for better readability.
      • Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
      • Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.

• Efficiency
      • Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience, and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
      • Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
      • Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery (Supports only some apps).
      • Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
      • Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
      • Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
      • Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for a smooth operation.
      • Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
      • Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.

• Seamless interconnection
      • Optimizes cross-device file transfer, with more file formats and device models supported.
      • Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
      • Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.

• Personalization
      • Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
      • Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
      • Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.

• Security & Privacy
      • Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
      • Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
      • Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.

• Health & Digital wellbeing
      • Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
      • Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children's vision.

• Performance optimization
      • Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.

• Gaming experience
      • Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.

Please note:

1. In order to upgrade to this build successfully, be sure that your device is in the latest OxygenOS 12 version (C.63).
    2. These instructions are only for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. Please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 4.5 GB of storage space is available.
    3. Carrier version devices (VZW) aren't compatible with the Open beta builds.

MP version – Stable official version

DP version – Developer Preview version

OBT Version – Open Beta version

INSTALLING

MP to OBT upgrade guide—via Local OTA Update (IN ONLY)

Note:
    This upgrade method only works for the IN version. NA users, please refer to the upgrade guide below.

Note: This upgrade will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.

Note:
    In order to upgrade to this build successfully, be sure that your device is in the latest OxygenOS 12 version (C.63).

1. Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
    2. Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
    3. Go to Settings -> About device -> Version -> Click Build number 7 times and enter the password, now you are in the developer mode.
    4. Go back Settings -> About device -> Up to date -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Extract -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
    5. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
    6. Update successful.

MP to OBT upgrade guide—via Local OTA Update (NA ONLY)

Note:
    This upgrade method only works for the NA version. IN users, please refer to the upgrade guide above.

Note: This upgrade will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.

Note:
    In order to upgrade to this build successfully, be sure that your device is in the latest OxygenOS 12 version (C.63).

1. Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
    2. Copy the Upgrade package to the phone storage.
    3. Install this apk. You'll need it to update. Then, open the app -> tap the top-right gear icon -> find the upgrade package and tap it -> wait to finish the installation -> tap reboot
    4. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
    5. Update successful.

ROLLING BACK

OBT to MP rollback guide - via Local OTA update (IN ONLY)

Note:
    This downgrade method only works for the IN version. NA users, please refer to the rollback guide below.

Note: This rollback method will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.

1. Download the latest ROM rollback zip package from the specified server.
    2. Copy the rollback package to the phone storage.
    3. Go to Settings -> About device -> Version -> Click Build number 7 times and enter the password, now you are in the developer mode.
    4. Go back Settings -> About device -> Up to date -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> Click on the corresponding rollback package -> Extract -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
    5. After the rollback is complete, click Restart.
    6. Rollback successful.

MP to OBT rollback guide—via Local OTA Update (NA ONLY)

Note:
    This downgrade method only works for the NA version. IN users, please refer to the rollback guide above.

Note: This rollback will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.

1. Download the latest ROM rollback zip package from the specified server.
    2. Copy the Rollback package to the phone storage.
    3. Install this apk. You'll need it to roll back. Then, open the app -> tap the top-right gear icon -> find the rollback package and tap it -> wait to finish the installation -> tap reboot
    4. After the rollback is complete, click Restart.
    5. Rollback successful.

FILES

Ready to get started on Open Beta for OxygenOS 13?

Want to go back to Android 12? Download the Rollback package from the links below:

You can submit bugs by opening the Google Dialer and typing *#800#. You will find a menu that allows you to submit bugs. Please bear in mind this method is only available in India for the time being. For other regions, we suggest users provide their feedback directly in this thread. In addition, we're working on a better method to submit feedback to the Community. Thank you for your understanding.

Still, your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. I hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle.

No EU yet again