OxygenOS Android 11 Betas (OnePlus 7 Pro) released (Open Beta 2 now available)

Alecjasonn

Jul 6, 2015
Every Magisk module I was using before the beta is working. I'm not using anything too crazy though, the most I'm even using is the font mod, Viper, and simple things like BusyBox, RIRUcore, Google Dialer Framework, AML/ACP, and MagiskHide Props Config. All of those seem to be working.

Alecjasonn

Jul 6, 2015
Don't use G-visual Mod if you want AOD. I figured out that was breaking it. I'll have to test android auto in the morning to see if that works too

Oct 26, 2016
The current version of TWRP does not work with this beta, it's been mentioned many times.
100% clear on this.

Your comment was to use Oneplus recovery, which seems to be missing in lieu of TWRP now.

Regardless, the issue with "com.android.phone keeps stopping" was the "OOS Native Call Recording Enabled" Magisk module.

Disabling that resolved the issue.

Really appreciate everyone's support on this thread so far. Beta 1 seems 99% solid so far

Main issue I have is the overall system UI fonts + icons still being too big, even with the 'Smallest Width" override in Dev Options @ 447 dpi. Apps are fine

Last edited:

Mike_77

Nov 26, 2010
Ok. A lot of people seem to be having the same issue on android 11 if rooted. Are you rooted? Also are you using the actual Android Auto or the on-phone-screen version?
I had the issue both before and after rooting. I am using actual Android Auto with a 2019 Ram U connect. <Edit> I can fix the Waze issue by clearing storage and cache, but it comes back the next time I start Android Auto.

Jammmmm

May 10, 2013
Thanks Jammmmm, I will probably wait a couple of betas. Any suggestion on either crDroid or Evolution as to try out Android 11?
I think KANGOS is currently the absolute best, not very active on XDA but super active on Telegram. YAAP and crDroid were solid too, but I think Evolution has some bluetooth issues, unless it's been fixed.

May 28, 2015
How screwed would I be I if I skipped steps 3-6?

I'm not rebooting till I know it's safe 😂
Ok so I rebooted and it took some time after rebooting to finalize the update and catch on, but besides that, it works flawlessly.

I have OB1, magisk and root. I don't know if I have TWRP (I'm assuming not), and I decided not to enable ANY magisk module out of fear, till we get a stable on.

Btw, anyone knows hot to clean install the new OB1? As in new-like state, absolutely no data preserved.