OxygenOS Android 11 Betas (OnePlus 7 Pro) released (Open Beta 3 now available)

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Managed to root the OxygenOS 11 Beta 1 ! :D

I've uploaded all the files required (including rooted and default boot.img) and instructions here : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145719260

Magisk 21.4 is applied along with Magisk Manager 8.0.7 (which is included in the zip)

Read the instructions carefully, I'm not responsible for bricked phones ;)
If you manage to brick it then head for the MSM forum thread

SafetyNet Attestation fails but that's happening on the Android 11 custom roms so should come in time, actually it seems to work after enabling Magisk Hide.

Attachments

Last edited:

peachypickle

Oct 7, 2019

I've uploaded all the files required (including rooted and default boot.img) and instructions here : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145719260

Magisk 21.4 is applied along with Magisk Manager 8.0.7 (which is included in the zip)

Still no luck here. Still getting unable to parse kernel log error.

jonsat

Jun 24, 2009
Roma

Thank you very much for your contribute. :)
I do not understand one thing... if you already prepared the patched boot image, why not simply flash it to root the device? I mean upgrade to OB1, then go in fastboot and flash magisk_patched img...?

Reactions: djsubterrain

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Thank you very much for your contribute. :)
I do not understand one thing... if you already prepared the patched boot image, why not simply flash it to root the device? I mean upgrade to OB1, then go in fastboot and flash magisk_patched img...?
I wasn't sure it would work so rooting the extracted boot image and then booting to it using fastboot is non-destructive to the boot image on the phone, so if it didn't boot properly I could just reboot the phone with no harm done, but allows Magisk to root the installed boot image on the phone itself.

jonsat

Jun 24, 2009
Roma
I wasn't sure it would work so rooting the extracted boot image and then booting to it using fastboot is non-destructive to the boot image on the phone, so if it didn't boot properly I could just reboot the phone with no harm done, but allows Magisk to root the installed boot image on the phone itself.
Yes, I get your point. Besides that, if something goes wrong it is always possible to reflash original boot.img from fastboot.
Going to upgrade soon... thanks again.

Reactions: djsubterrain

gigaboss

Oct 11, 2007
San Francisco
I am currently rooted, with twrp. I want to clean install this and keep the stock recovery for now since twrp isn't working anyway. How can I do this and also keep root?
I did the following:
Downloaded the Zip file (Full OTA) using Oxygen Updater.
Went to settings, system updates, local update and clicked on the file.
When it was done I did not reboot, went to Magisk, installed to the inactive slot, and then reboot. Everything is working fine except I don't have TWRP anymore but I'll wait for a fix on that, not that important to me.

BossNexusS

May 25, 2011
I did the following:
Downloaded the Zip file (Full OTA) using Oxygen Updater.
Went to settings, system updates, local update and clicked on the file.
When it was done I did not reboot, went to Magisk, installed to the inactive slot, and then reboot. Everything is working fine except I don't have TWRP anymore but I'll wait for a fix on that, not that important to me.
You are rooted also still? Also which twrp version are you using?

yashau

Jul 16, 2011
I have no mobile network connection after booting the patched boot.img. Is this because I setup VoLTE before via PDC? Can anyone who did this before and upgraded to A11 OB1 chime in?

NateDev

Aug 18, 2016
Mississauga
I rooted with a patched boot image and with Magisk hide SafetyNet is passing.

Also yeah TWRP works once, before you boot into OOS11. Once you boot in, twrp no longer works

Grumpycat62

Apr 15, 2014
I can't even get the patched boot.img to boot without throwing me into a bootloop. Tried reflashing the OTA, and another patched boot.img with Magisk to no avail. Guess I'm waiting until someone releases a revised version of TWRP.

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
I can't even get the patched boot.img to boot without throwing me into a bootloop. Tried reflashing the OTA, and another patched boot.img with Magisk to no avail. Guess I'm waiting until someone releases a revised version of TWRP.
You didn't read the instructions properly, I said "FASTBOOT BOOT" not "FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT"

FASTBOOT BOOT uses that rooted image to temporarily boot the phone, then you use the installed Magisk app to patch the boot image on the actual phone.

Reactions: stefal639

Grumpycat62

Apr 15, 2014
You didn't read the instructions properly, I said "FASTBOOT BOOT" not "FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT"

FASTBOOT BOOT uses that rooted image to temporarily boot the phone, then you use the installed Magisk app to patch the boot image on the actual phone.
My mistake. That's what I meant. Copied the command directly from your instructions. No luck. The only thing I did flash - was the boot image back to stock. Rest assured - I followed them to a T. No idea why it's not working. I just tried again and I've seen these two dots orbit the same circle for about 10 minutes.

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
My mistake. That's what I meant. Copied the command directly from your instructions. No luck. The only thing I did flash - was the boot image back to stock. Rest assured - I followed them to a T. No idea why it's not working. I just tried again and I've seen these two dots orbit the same circle for about 10 minutes.
You're on 64bit Windows and ran the cmd window as admin? (The ADB tools I use are the 64bit ones so allow larger files).

What did Fastboot devices report?

Not sure what to tell you, I used the exact same files I uploaded. Maybe re-download the zip and try again in case it was a bad download.

1611181591844.png

Last edited:
Reactions: stefal639

reef2009

Aug 8, 2010
Delft
Good threat! Thnx.
I had a working OP7Pro rooted but twrp didnt work. (forgot to check) then I enabled some magisk modules.. That was'nt a good idea.
Now I can't boot a rooted boot image because the magisk modules are enabled. And I can only disable them if you are rooted or have magisk... Hopefully a patched twrp will be there soon.