OxygenOS Android 11 Betas (OnePlus 7 Pro) released (Open Beta 3 now available)

jjohn7293

Jan 25, 2013
STL
I had to reflash the stock boot img.

Boot to fastboot mode (hold both volume and power), and install the stock boot.img from the full OTA. Here's a download link for you if needed:

Command will be "fastboot flash boot c:\users\whateveryourusernameis\downloads\boot.img" and then you can restart and it will boot.

From Telegram on some custom ROM threads, there's no working TWRP for OOS11 at this time.
You don't, we don't have a compatible version yet.
thanks. I attempted to go back to original OOS10 boot slot by inputting
fastboot --set-active=b
and now its trying to boot but the bootanimation is visibly slower and its taking forever to boot. Should I abort and return to
fastboot --set-active=a ?

@soka

Aug 8, 2014
Glencoe
thanks. I attempted to go back to original OOS10 boot slot by inputting
fastboot --set-active=b
and now its trying to boot but the bootanimation is visibly slower and its taking forever to boot. Should I abort and return to
fastboot --set-active=a ?
[/QUOTE

Yeah that won't work, it'll require you to wipe your data to boot 10 on the other slot.

Reactions: jjohn7293

SynaTech

Feb 9, 2016
No issues with Android Auto on my end.
my seems to force close everytime it tries to run, did you clean install ?

edit: im tried the usual, clear cache, clear data, force close, uninstall updates, disable, etc etc, nothing. even when i open it in the settings it pops up for a second then closes.

Mike_77

Nov 26, 2010
my seems to force close everytime it tries to run, did you clean install ?

edit: im tried the usual, clear cache, clear data, force close, uninstall updates, disable, etc etc, nothing. even when i open it in the settings it pops up for a second then closes.
I did a dirty install from 10.3.7. I haven't rooted yet, so stock with unlocked BL.

Oct 26, 2016
Can't get Magisk to work😩.

Like many on here, I still had root after the initial flash of the beta but then I turned on a few Magisk modules and the phone rebooted to a bootloop.

I flashed the stock boot image (thanks to the poster who put it up) and thankfully the phone booted ok but without root.

Have tried the various methods described on here with patching using Magisk but all result in a boot loop. Maybe it's related to the modules I activated?
I've been having the same issue.

Tried the modified Boot image in the thread, along with creating my own via Magisk Manager.

Same issue each time. The phone boots into a black screen, if you press power you see:
- LOCKDOWN
- POWER OFF
- RESTART

It's fixed by flashing the standard boot.img, but root is gone :cry:

EDIT: Found a fix.
Flash the Magisk'ed boot.img from this thread, then boot into SAFE mode (hold volume down on boot)
Reboot as normal in safe mode, and you will have root with all Magisk modules disabled
🥂

Last edited:
Reactions: skythian and podge3

spheady

Jan 12, 2017
Oroville
Got it working on a dual boot orangefox setup. Gave it up Soto errors in the build. Felling board I'll run it again. You boot.img isn't needed if tarp gets boot up 1st by fast boot tarp. Img or flashing on a three piece drive like I do. Beta 17,18,19 do not work with partishoning of dual Ofox twrp. Fun.

Oct 26, 2016
I've been having the same issue.

Tried the modified Boot image in the thread, along with creating my own via Magisk Manager.

Same issue each time. The phone boots into a black screen, if you press power you see:
- LOCKDOWN
- POWER OFF
- RESTART

It's fixed by flashing the standard boot.img, but root is gone :cry:

Flash the Magisk'ed boot.img from this thread, then boot into SAFE mode (hold volume down on boot)
Reboot as normal in safe mode, and you will have root with all Magisk modules disabled
🥂

Root is now disappearing on reboot though

Anyone having the same issues?

podge3

Aug 17, 2012
🥂
That worked, I now have root :cowboy:.

I did as you said and the phone booted fine. I removed substratum which I thought was causing the problem and I now seem to have permanent root. I have rebooted several times to check and its fine.

Thank a mil, you're a genius!

Last edited:
Reactions: slayerdiabolus

sportytony

Sep 21, 2008
I did the following:
Downloaded the Zip file (Full OTA) using Oxygen Updater.
Went to settings, system updates, local update and clicked on the file.
When it was done I did not reboot, went to Magisk, installed to the inactive slot, and then reboot. Everything is working fine except I don't have TWRP anymore but I'll wait for a fix on that, not that important to me.
What Magisk version did you install to inactive slot if I may ask? Doesn't 11 like Canary?

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Why are people trying to run Magisk Modules? We've had no clarification that they're compatible, work or won't cause a boot loop.

I would steer WELL clear of them until we have a confirmed working TWRP version.

Reactions: lollyjay

sumondhk1

Oct 15, 2013
Dhaka
I am on hydrogen beta 1, rooted with patched boot image and have root. No TWRP. I can't reboot phone, if I do so I need to flash boot.img by fastboot. Worry to power off phone also