OxygenOS Android 11 Betas (OnePlus 7 Pro) released (Open Beta 3 now available)

diopskill

Dec 26, 2010
Then you haven't booted the patched boot.img, you should be seeing the attached, if you're only seeing "download zip" and "patch file" then it's the normal boot.img that's been used..

Use "fastboot boot magisk_patched_r99Lb.img" from my post, it will take a little moment for it to boot the phone with it, as long as you've installed the Magisk app already you should see the same options as attached.

When you do, you should choose "direct install" which roots the installed boot.img

Your fastboot should look like the other screenshot
Thanks. I got it working. Much appreciated

Reactions: djsubterrain

SaintZ93

Feb 4, 2011
Massachusetts
github.com
Here are my detailed instructions for those who have a custom kernel and or twrp installed.

1. Back up (Just in case)
2. Have the beta downloaded to the main of the sdcard
3. Since you probably have twrp installed you will need to flash the 10.3.7.img or beta19.img to boot (which ever OS you are on)
4. In twrp choose install then install an image choose the 10.3.7.img or beta19.img and flash it to boot partition
5. DON'T BOOT
6. Go back and flash latest magisk
7. Reboot then go to system - update - local upgrade and choose the beta update
8. Don't reboot when update is done, go into magisk and clock install, install it to the inactive slot
9. Reboot and profit

Here are instructions for those who understand.

Reboot to recovery and flash stock.img. Don't reboot and install magisk. Reboot and local upgrade beta. Don't reboot and install magisk to inactive slot. Reboot and profit

I am on a tmobile variant and I have full root with passing safetynet.

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to enterprise wifi? Before the update everything was working fine, but now when I try to connect via "PWD" it just shows connecting for a split second and then nothing anymore.
It doesn't even get to the authentification part since my phone doesn't show up on my network overview.
Have you checked that the wifi interface is using your device mac and not a randomised one? Android 10 by default will apply a randomised mac address to your wifi connection, Android 11 continues that default setting.

If you've previously registered for the wi-fi network your phone won't be recognised when it's using a randomised mac address, especially enterprise wifi networks.

Zocker1304

Feb 15, 2016
Have you checked that the wifi interface is using your device mac and not a randomised one? Android 10 by default will apply a randomised mac address to your wifi connection, Android 11 continues that default setting.

If you've previously registered for the wi-fi network your phone won't be recognised when it's using a randomised mac address, especially enterprise wifi networks.
Tried that already, it was configured to keep my original mac and I kept it like that.
I also tried adding new logins to my network and tried all variations of mac address configurations on my phone but nothing works. It doesn't even try connecting as it seems. Makes me wonder if this is completely broken in open beta 1 or if it is related to the "dirty" upgrade

May 28, 2015
Here are my detailed instructions for those who have a custom kernel and or twrp installed.

1. Back up (Just in case)
2. Have the beta downloaded to the main of the sdcard
3. Since you probably have twrp installed you will need to flash the 10.3.7.img or beta19.img to boot (which ever OS you are on)
4. In twrp choose install then install an image choose the 10.3.7.img or beta19.img and flash it to boot partition
5. DON'T BOOT
6. Go back and flash latest magisk
7. Reboot then go to system - update - local upgrade and choose the beta update
8. Don't reboot when update is done, go into magisk and clock install, install it to the inactive slot
9. Reboot and profit

Here are instructions for those who understand.

Reboot to recovery and flash stock.img. Don't reboot and install magisk. Reboot and local upgrade beta. Don't reboot and install magisk to inactive slot. Reboot and profit

I am on a tmobile variant and I have full root with passing safetynet.
How screwed would I be I if I skipped steps 3-6?

I'm not rebooting till I know it's safe 😂

nmccord30

Mar 30, 2015
Giving this a try. Thank you.
Hey guys I'm trying to switch my T-Mobile OnePlus to the international brand so I can do the open beta again I just got right replacement device and after I download the files nothing seems to be working one of anyone had any updated files to flash my T-Mobile variant to the international sorry for hijacking the thread

Alecjasonn

Jul 6, 2015
Android Auto seems to be broken. Also, Maps is crashing often, even in the background. Otherwise everything seems to be going well. Battery life is decent, especially for Beta 1.

Alecjasonn

Jul 6, 2015
my seems to force close everytime it tries to run, did you clean install ?

edit: im tried the usual, clear cache, clear data, force close, uninstall updates, disable, etc etc, nothing. even when i open it in the settings it pops up for a second then closes.
Same here. I love using it so I'd love a fix if anyone can figure it out