OxygenOS Android 11 Betas (OnePlus 7 Pro) released (Open Beta 4 now available)

Search This thread

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Beta 3 is out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210228-071200.jpg
    Screenshot_20210228-071200.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 74
Oct 26, 2016
Alright took the plunge, Magisk/Root is working after moving from OB1 -> OB2.

Steps:
- Install OB2 local ZIP
- DO NOT REBOOT
- Magisk Manager -> Disable all modules
- Magisk Manager -> Install -> "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)" v21.4
- Reboot via: Settings -> System -> System Updates (or via 'Reboot' in notification)
- OB2 install done, Magisk/root is working
- Magisk Manager -> Install -> 'Direct Install (Reccommended)
- Reboot
- Re-activate Magisk modules
- Done :)

Just updated from OB2 -> OB3 with these steps.

No issues. Magisk is working fine

Papote3

Dec 10, 2010
Google Pixel Fold
It's absolutely ridiculous that Oneplus allows this to persist. They've really gone downhill as a company this past year. I used to adamantly recommend Oneplus to anyone looking for a new phone. Now I advise them to steer clear.

To be fair, it seems like you're judging them for issues on beta software, that it's not supposed to be for the general public and only for testing.

You should stay on oficial firmware and then pass your judgement based on that.

They state it very clearly that Open Beta's are not as stable as official releases. Bugs are expected.

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Open Beta 3 is out, updated original post with AFH mirror, unpacked images and rooting guide with required files.

Open Beta 3 AFH Mirror : Download
Default image collection for OB3 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145745859
Rooting guide and files for OB3 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145745863

TWRP twrp-3.5.0_9-0-guacamole still not working with fastboot boot, either encrypted or unencrypted. Just sits on "Fastboot Mode"

No source released by the looks of it too : GitHub - OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

Rom definitely feels snappier to me, unlocking is smoother, launching is smoother, I'm guessing they're starting to remove the beta framework.

Last edited:

z0mghii

Oct 9, 2011
For those who were boot looping on ob2 and just switched active slot back to Android 10, I can confirm upgrading to ob3 works perfectly.

For those having the calling issues related to speaker, use the stock dialer and not the Google dialer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro!

Please bear in mind that this is beta software and, as such, may be less stable than stable MP builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system back-up before proceeding. We also recommend you read all the instructions and notes before proceeding.

OPEN BETA 1
    Changelog
    • System
      • Update to OxygenOS 11 version
      • Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
      • Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
    • Camera
      • Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
      • Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
      • Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
      • Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
      • Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
    • Ambient Display
      • Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
      • Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone(Path:Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
      • Always-On-Display feature is under internal test and will be released in subsequent versions. In this build, you can use the "Ambient Display" by picking up your phone or tapping the screen, it can be turned on in the Settings.
    • Dark Mode
      • Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
      • Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
    • Shelf
      • Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
      • Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
    • Gallery
      • Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
      • Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
    Known issues
    • Potential risks of increased power consumption and instability.
    • In some conditions, the Gallery app might be slower to load and some pictures may not be displayed in the Gallery.
    • The devices (earphones, speaker,s etc.) connected through Bluetooth may not be able to play sound occasionally.
    • Brightness adjustment may lag in some conditions.
    Please note:
    1. This Build is only for OnePlus 7/7Pro unlocked Non Carrier variants, and please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 3GB of available storage space.
    2. This OBT Build can be installed on the current Stable build. Later, if you rollback the build, you will return to the previous OxygenOS 11-based Open Beta build.
    OPEN BETA 2
    Changelog
    • System
      • Optimized the sliding effect of the dynamic wallpaper
      • Improved power consumption in some scenarios
      • Optimized the adjusting intensity of automatic brightness to bring a more smooth using experience
      • Fixed the issue with the adapter not charging and using the headset at the same time
      • Fixed the issue in which the battery icon is not displayed on the status bar
      • Fixed the issue that 'Tips & Support' is not displayed in the Settings
    • Camera
      • Fixed the small probability flashback issue with the camera when unlocking in professional mode
    • Ambient Display
      • Newly supported Always-on ambient display feature (Only OP7 Pro) (Go to: Settings - Utilities - OnePlus Laboratory - Always-on ambient display)
    OPEN BETA 3
    Changelog
    • System
      • Optimized the effect of unlocking animation
      • Fixed the issue of slow charging rate in some cases
      • Fixed the lagging issue when playing screen-recorded videos
      • Fixed the small probability failure issue with the Double Tap to Wake
      • Fixed the issue that Netflix could not play HD videos
    • Bluetooth
      • Fixed the silent issue when the Bluetooth transport protocol is changed to AptX
    • Network
      • Improved the stability of the Wi-Fi connection and reduce Internet outages
    OPEN BETA 4
    Changelog
    • System
      • Fixed the issue that the battery icon in the status bar is abnormally displayed
      • Fixed known issues and improved system stability
    • Bluetooth
      • Fixed the issue where Bluetooth headsets are silent in aptX Adaptive mode

Note:
    Enabling the AOD feature will lead to increased power consumption in the build. However, this will be optimized in the upcoming builds.

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. For those who were on previous versions of OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.
    [IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

Downloads

OxygenOS 11 Beta 1Official Link
    Android File Host Mirror
    OxygenOS 11 Beta 2Official Link
    Android File Host Mirror
    OxygenOS 11 Beta 3Official Link (Missing)
    Android File Host Mirror
    OxygenOS 11 Beta 4Official Link
    Android File Host Mirror

Android File Host Collections

Android 10 FolderClick Here
    Android 11 FolderClick Here

Rooting Guides for Open Beta Versions of OxygenOS 11

OxygenOS 11 Beta 1Download from Android File Host
    OxygenOS 11 Beta 2Download from Android File Host
    OxygenOS 11 Beta 3Download from Android File Host
    OxygenOS 11 Beta 4Download from Android File Host

Extracted image collections

OxygenOS 11 Beta 2Download from Android File Host
    OxygenOS 11 Beta 3Download from Android File Host
    OxygenOS 11 Beta 4Download from Android File Host

Check your downloads after completion, for integrity, by confirming MD5 checksum, I would recommend the following for Windows : WinMD5 Free - Windows MD5 Utility Freeware for Windows 7/8/10

Both OnePlus's download site and Android File Host will show the MD5 which should be shown for your completed download, if your file doesn't match then it's not a good download.
    Managed to root the OxygenOS 11 Beta 1 ! :D

I've uploaded all the files required (including rooted and default boot.img) and instructions here : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145719260

Magisk 21.4 is applied along with Magisk Manager 8.0.7 (which is included in the zip)

Read the instructions carefully, I'm not responsible for bricked phones ;)
    If you manage to brick it then head for the MSM forum thread

SafetyNet Attestation fails but that's happening on the Android 11 custom roms so should come in time, actually it seems to work after enabling Magisk Hide.
    It does have the new AoD actually, if you enable it! Run this in a root terminal:

setprop sys.aod.debug_support_always_on 1
    pkill systemui

Now the option to enable it will appear in the settings.
    Downloaded and Installed over magisk rooted OB19, flashed TWRP in EXKM, opened Magisk Manager and installed Magisk to Inactive Slot, rebooted and all is working well.

Edit: TWRP flashes when trying to boot to recovery and never opens. Gonna try a few things.

Edit 2: No functioning TWRP for OOS11 currently, flashed stock boot.img and now unrooted with stock recovery and boot. Gonna stay here and wait until TWRP is working for us.
    I am currently rooted, with twrp. I want to clean install this and keep the stock recovery for now since twrp isn't working anyway. How can I do this and also keep root?
    I did the following:
    Downloaded the Zip file (Full OTA) using Oxygen Updater.
    Went to settings, system updates, local update and clicked on the file.
    When it was done I did not reboot, went to Magisk, installed to the inactive slot, and then reboot. Everything is working fine except I don't have TWRP anymore but I'll wait for a fix on that, not that important to me.