• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OxygenOS Android 11 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6/6T

Search This thread

pagaiba

May 1, 2014
OnePlus 6 OOS11 Open Beta 3: https://otafsg-cost-az.coloros.com/...en_22.Y.78_OTA_0780_all_2108052353_9ad8a0.zip

Attached is the stock boot.img (extracted from payload.bin) and Magisk patched boot.img (patched through the Magisk Manager app). These are for OnePlus 6, not 6T!

Flash via fastboot:
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-23000_ygvOI.img
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-23000_ygvOI.img
fastboot reboot
HUGE thanks dude, you just made my day. Lost TWRP on updating and couldn't figure out a way back in.

Thanks again.

S4rr4cino

Mar 15, 2008
Guys the stable version is out: link

Edit: Leaving aside the fact that to install it I had to go back to version 10 first (as explained here) by formatting everything ...
However, in order not to wait, I created a boot modified with magisk, it seems to work even if I received an error message when I installed it. I attach here the stable Android 11 files for the OnePlus 6.

Edit2: The root works perfectly, it has been in use without problems for over 6 hours now. The installation via fastboot was performed with the commands reported by @CrysisLTU which I thank.

Attachments

• boot.img
    64 MB · Views: 98
  • magisk_patched-23000_WZmWd.img
    64 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:

VinnyDD

Sep 28, 2010
São Paulo
OnePlus 6

Edit: Leaving aside the fact that to install it I had to go back to version 10 first (as explained here) by formatting everything ...
However, in order not to wait, I created a boot modified with magisk, it seems to work even if I received an error message when I installed it. I attach here the stable Android 11 files for the OnePlus 6.

Edit2: The root works perfectly, it has been in use without problems for over 6 hours now. The installation via fastboot was performed with the commands reported by @CrysisLTU which I thank.
Hi.

I'm already on Android 11, but I lost root and Magisk.
I created a boot.img from Android 11 and a modified version with Magisk.
Then I need to flash the modified version via fastboot?

fastboot flash boot_a boot-patched.img
fastboot flash boot_b boot-patched.img

After that my OP6 suppose to be rooted again?
Is it possible to flash TWRP and install Magisk?

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
Hi.

I'm already on Android 11, but I lost root and Magisk.
I created a boot.img from Android 11 and a modified version with Magisk.
Then I need to flash the modified version via fastboot?

fastboot flash boot_a boot-patched.img
fastboot flash boot_b boot-patched.img

After that my OP6 suppose to be rooted again?
Is it possible to flash TWRP and install Magisk?
It seems that for some people TWRP works, for others it doesn't. If you just need root, flash magisk via fastboot and don't use TWRP for now to be safe. Otherwise, try some methods people have posted here on how to install TWRP on OOS11, and if it fails - flash back the magisk patched boot.img and you should recover from the crashdump if it happens.

EDIT: Reading through some posts, people claim that unofficial TWRP 3.4.0-11 works on OOS11, while the latest official TWRP 3.5.2-9.0 doesn't. I have not tested this myself.

Last edited:

withdean

Feb 18, 2014
It seems that for some people TWRP works, for others it doesn't. If you just need root, flash magisk via fastboot and don't use TWRP for now to be safe. Otherwise, try some methods people have posted here on how to install TWRP on OOS11, and if it fails - flash back the magisk patched boot.img and you should recover from the crashdump if it happens.

EDIT: Reading through some posts, people claim that unofficial TWRP 3.4.0-11 works on OOS11, while the latest official TWRP 3.5.2-9.0 doesn't. I have not tested this myself.
TWRP 3.5.2-9.0 works for me, successfully updated to OB1 & OB3.

Reactions: CrysisLTU

kerngehirn

Feb 24, 2013
All of my banking apps seem to recognoze root (or unlocked bootloader?), even though magisk hide is activated, magisk manager is repacked and a have installed the hide module. I use the canary channel and app.

Magisk Detector tells me "init.rc has been modified by Magisk" and "su file exists in PATH"
Rest seems to be fine.

Anybody able to help?

edit: even when i uninstall magisk, banking apps don't work. Magisk Detector still tells me init.rc has been modified.

Geenyous1

Dec 13, 2020
OnePlus 6
EDIT: I just saw some posts above, that someone already posted Stable Android 11 boot & patched boot. Not sure if they are the same though. Mine come from 11.1.1.1. and my device is working fine with them. So possibly a "double post", sorry if that's the case.
---

Since I ran into the TWRP hanging due to incompatibility with the latest stock OOS 11.1.1.1, flashing those got me back on track. Now I still do not have any TWRP, but at least I got root.

I borrow the text from CrysisLTU:

Attached are the stock boot.img "oos_11.1.1.1_stock_boot.img" (extracted from payload.bin) and Magisk patched boot.img (patched through the Magisk Manager app). These are for OnePlus 6, not 6T!

Flash via fastboot:
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-23000_iSZlS.img
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-23000_iSZlS.img
fastboot reboot

Attachments

• oos_11.1.1.1_stock_boot.img
    64 MB · Views: 85
  • magisk_patched-23000_iSZlS.img
    64 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:

iggyx2

Jul 29, 2012
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
EDIT: I just saw some posts above, that someone already posted Stable Android 11 boot & patched boot. Not sure if they are the same though. Mine come from 11.1.1.1. and my device is working fine with them. So possibly a "double post", sorry if that's the case.
---

Since I ran into the TWRP hanging due to incompatibility with the latest stock OOS 11.1.1.1, flashing those got me back on track. Now I still do not have any TWRP, but at least I got root.

I borrow the text from CrysisLTU:

Attached are the stock boot.img "oos_11.1.1.1_stock_boot.img" (extracted from payload.bin) and Magisk patched boot.img (patched through the Magisk Manager app). These are for OnePlus 6, not 6T!

Flash via fastboot:
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-23000_iSZlS.img
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-23000_iSZlS.img
fastboot reboot
Thanks for this. Confirmed works OP6 11.1.1.1. I was on the latest with twrp I preserved from A10 with A/B script but lost the boot after testing different boot img files. This patched boot saved me from running MSMdownloadtool yet again lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geenyous1

kerngehirn

Feb 24, 2013
ANy idea why this doesn't work for me?

Flashing patched img doesn't work. Boots (takes much longer than usually) and then magisk is not installed.

Also Patching the stock image with magisk doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OnePlus 6 OOS11 Open Beta 3: https://otafsg-cost-az.coloros.com/...en_22.Y.78_OTA_0780_all_2108052353_9ad8a0.zip

Attached is the stock boot.img (extracted from payload.bin) and Magisk patched boot.img (patched through the Magisk Manager app). These are for OnePlus 6, not 6T!

Flash via fastboot:
    fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-23000_ygvOI.img
    fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-23000_ygvOI.img
    fastboot reboot

OP6 OOS11 Open Beta 1 Hotfix: https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/OnePlus6Oxygen_22.Y.76_OTA_0760_all_2107130227_0263a33cf60f4185.zip

Attached is the stock boot.img (extracted from payload.bin) and Magisk patched boot.img (patched through the Magisk Manager app)

Flash via fastboot:
    fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-23000_9GVnK.img
    fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-23000_9GVnK.img
    OnePlus 6 OOS11 Open Beta 2: https://otafsg-cost-az.coloros.com/...en_22.Y.77_OTA_0770_all_2107220200_eabc4b.zip

Flash via fastboot:
    fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-23000_PwJFG.img
    fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-23000_PwJFG.img

EDIT: couldn't attach the files directly to the post for some reason, so here's a GDrive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1R6s0hojdajer15aw8gMi1wgx7gRynrR7?usp=sharing
    There is a update to open beta 2 also available in the oxygen app in the Playstore !

Screenshot_20210729-193756~2.jpg