[OxygenOS] RENOVATE ICE 2.0 | OP8Pro & OP8

Lycidias

Jan 17, 2013
If understanding the last few posts right: I can't use this mod if I have FKM or EXKM installed?

I'm on latest Oxygen OS 11 with my Pro

ZeuBug

Aug 31, 2007
Nantes
@mwilky
can you please give me a hint how you did that camera gesture (double power tab) to default cam instead to op cam?
i will try it on my own for 8T.
is it really that launchCamera method in that keyguardbottomareaview.smali file in OPsystemUI.apk?

thanks in advance.
I have tried to install this marvelous rom on my OP8T KB2003 11.0.5.6 but install failed with latest magisk canary.
Is it normal?

Thanks and sorry for this question, but did'nt find anything with the search function...

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
Is every setting of RiCE 2.0 working on OP8Pro 11.0.2.2 EU?
Most of them are doing nothing on mine (Statusbar, Quicksettings, Horizon Lights, Volume panel position…)

PS: I can't write on Telegram chat. How to get permission?

FreshlyBaked 420

Nov 10, 2014
Kamloops
Cross developpement is for 8/8pro/8T. 8T is not compatible with this rom, I have a 8T, tested and failed. So this thread should be in 8/8 pro only.
I beg to differ. Cross development means more than one device which is exactly what the 8/8Pro is. If this was only for the 8 or the 8 Pro exclusively then it would in in the other group. However it's for 2 devices. Hence cross development.

The title of the thread states 8pro/8. So it belongs here.

And as for flashing this on the 8T perhaps if you read the thread title, or the description before blindly flashing you would have saved yourself some trouble. No where does it state it's 8T compatible.

agayabag

Sep 15, 2012
Cross developpement is for 8/8pro/8T. 8T is not compatible with this rom, I have a 8T, tested and failed. So this thread should be in 8/8 pro only.
Besides, this mod has been here even before 8T was launched. Hence it's not the OP's fault if it doesn't support 8T just yet.

Pump your break, and slow down a bit. The device is new, OP is still figuring things out. It'll be released when the time comes.

Reactions: spaziomilano

ZeuBug

Aug 31, 2007
Nantes
Besides, this mod has been here even before 8T was launched. Hence it's not the OP's fault if it doesn't support 8T just yet.

Pump your break, and slow down a bit. The device is new, OP is still figuring things out. It'll be released when the time comes.
Forgive me my provocation, everything is my fault after all, but I hope that this surge of aggressiveness will clarify things for all those who will pass byhere 😁 hoping that this rom will soon be compatible with 8T 😌

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
even if you change the build number to match yours, 95% of the settings won't work. i only managed to get 3 settings to work and those are lockscreens mods.

Sent from my OnePlus8Pro using XDA Labs
I'm still having this issue on OOS 11.0.2.2 & lastest stable version 2.0.

Did you managed to know how to fix it?

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
What phone do you have? It's working flawless on op8 5g from tmo. Converted to global.
I'm using an OP8 Pro.

The only tweaks working for me are:

• Buttons: the 3 free options
    • Lockscreen: Disable power menu
    • Miscellaneous: everything except Sound section (call Recording not tested, but it disables itself)
    • High brightness mode
Every other options doesn't work.
I don't have any other mod and never tried xXx.

EDIT: somehow messing with those options caused a bootloop and had to wipe system. Now I've installed RENOVATE_ICE_OP8_OP8PRO_blackcyber.zip and they're all* working!

*some of them cause issues: e.g. making the Horizon lights to have the accent color.

Last edited:

ZeuBug

Aug 31, 2007
Nantes
Yes ofcourse its the OP's fault people cant read the title of the thread properly 😏
I'm using No limits Rom on my OP8T now. And title of thread in "OP 8 / PRO / 8T cross developpement is": [Magisk ROM] xXx NoLimits 12.4 [OP8/OP8pro] ☆ Speed/RAM optimized ☆ [OOS/H2OS v10/11]

So, please stop to be unpleasant, it's a mess, point 😅

Last edited: