[OxygenOS] RENOVATE ICE 2.0 | OP8Pro & OP8

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
It's too risky if you do that way and you will have high chance to get bootloop!
This mod is high dependence with version of phone's rom.
Make sure to get response or see any wording to support your rom before taking action.

Sup guys, has anyone had the latest version installed and running ok on OP8_02_BETA_5 / IN2010?

Reactions: RMarques

glhelinski

Oct 11, 2010
Flint MI
It's too risky if you do that way and you will have high chance to get bootloop!
This mod is high dependence with version of phone's rom.
Make sure to get response or see any wording to support your rom before taking action.
I thought the installation script wouldn't allow installing on incompatible builds

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
Quick notes:
  • This is not compatible with 8T (yet)!
  • This can be installed on OB5 if you remove the SO version verification (I will not telling you how to), but it is not recommended. Use at your own risk.
  • This is not compatible with FKM (Franco Kernel Manager)! Having both will lead to SystemUI crashes and you'll have to wipe System.

Last edited:

glhelinski

Oct 11, 2010
Flint MI
What is the best way to recover my device? I have rooted stock 11.0.2.2.IN11AA... With latest magisk

I installed this version of renovate ice. On several reboots i discovered i lost mobile data. I made no settings changes. So i uninstalled renovate ice in magisk and rebooted. Then I installed renovate ice again and rebooted. Now the system UI crashes upon boot. Have rebooted several times. I have nothing but a black screen.

What are my options? Do i have reinstall the full stock rom? Or is there a shortcut?

Thanks

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
What is the best way to recover my device? I have rooted stock 11.0.2.2.IN11AA... With latest magisk

I installed this version of renovate ice. On several reboots i discovered i lost mobile data. I made no settings changes. So i uninstalled renovate ice in magisk and rebooted. Then I installed renovate ice again and rebooted. Now the system UI crashes upon boot. Have rebooted several times. I have nothing but a black screen.

What are my options? Do i have reinstall the full stock rom? Or is there a shortcut?

Thanks
Go to recovery and wipe system. You'll have to reconfigure your phone and apps as new, but your internal storage (pics, vids, etc) will be untouched.

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
Well, no TWRP for A11 as I know it ...
The only way to save his phone is to flash stock recovery with ADB function patched then reboot to recovery.
Try to get into ADB environment and use ADB commend sets to kill RENOVATE ICE in the directoy of magisk.

Go to recovery and wipe system. You'll have to reconfigure your phone and apps as new, but your internal storage (pics, vids, etc) will be untouched.

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
If you have no idea how to patch stock recovery with ADB function, you still can try to get into safe mode and disable RENOVATE ICE module...

Thanks

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
Is it called "reset system setting" (in stock recovery)?
Thank you
Yes.
Well, no TWRP for A11 as I know it ...
The only way to save his phone is to flash stock recovery with ADB function patched then reboot to recovery.
Try to get into ADB environment and use ADB commend sets to kill RENOVATE ICE in the directoy of magisk.
Nobody said it had to be on a custom recovery. Stock recovery does the job.
By the symptoms mentioned, neither safe mode will work.

glhelinski

Oct 11, 2010
Flint MI
Yes.

Nobody said it had to be on a custom recovery. Stock recovery does the job.
By the symptoms mentioned, neither safe mode will work.
Is there something i have to flash after i do "reset system setting"?

Sorry for the newb question but won't my system be empty after doing that?

kjslabber

Mar 8, 2015
Northeast Ohio
If you have no idea how to patch stock recovery with ADB function, you still can try to get into safe mode and disable RENOVATE ICE module...
You can try the method in thread on how to get adb in recovery. The thread is for stock oos but it tried it using the recovery image from lineage and it worked the same. You then can boot into patched recovery image and remove magisk mods affecting your bootup. Thread is in the 8t guides & discussions. The guide is by droidfreak32.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC

Thanks
I am on similar but global. No issues at all using ice, but it looks like you might have installed the wrong ICE.

If you can reinstall full stock rom , that should not take much time - just uninstall all mods like this first.