[OxygenOS System Mods] RENOVATE ICE 14.0 | OP7/OP7PRO//OP7T/OP7TPRO

laxus009

May 21, 2017
Hey I know we're not supposed to ask for an eta but I'm asking if there ever is gonna be development for oos 10.3.4,considering android 11 is just around the corner,again not asking for when it is gonna come,just asking if you're ever gonna make one or should i downgrade to 10.3.3.

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Hey I know we're not supposed to ask for an eta but I'm asking if there ever is gonna be development for oos 10.3.4,considering android 11 is just around the corner,again not asking for when it is gonna come,just asking if you're ever gonna make one or should i downgrade to 10.3.3.
This is what I posted in the telegram group yesterday:

Matt is currently working two jobs because of COVID-19 and furlow in the UK so the time he has for Dev work has massively reduced. This is a temporary situation as people are making their way back into work so eventually he shouldn't have to cover two jobs.

In addition he has been pretty open in that he is working on OP8 series as this was a funded device and they don't have any official release yet (though of course many test builds so far). That work has progressed pretty nicely as I believe most of the mods have been ported over.

At the same time, Matt is taking the time to rework the mods so he is essentially recreating the whole of Renovate from scratch at the moment. The reason he is doing this is because it will make it much easier for him to apply Renovate to new OOS updates in the future.

It's just my opinion but if you need features of Renovate for the moment then downgrade as we can't tell you when the OP8 bring up will be done for Matt to be able to swing back round to OP7 given the factors above.

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
I assume I can't flash this as I'm running on 10.0.7GM21BA? Noticed requirement is 10.0.6

Nvm. Saw answer in previous post. That's a shame.
Those of us that have been running RiCE for a while know better than to install the OOS update before a RiCE update is available for it. It used to only take a week or 2, now it might be a bit longer due to the reasons rav101 explained above.

If you updated before checking here then you simply have to wait a few weeks - and make a note for yourself to NOT update OOS so quickly next time :cool:

The Telegram group always gets test versions before the final one is posted here btw, so join there to get it a bit earlier (but so far we haven't had one there yet either) :)

preference

May 3, 2017
Those of us that have been running RiCE for a while know better than to install the OOS update before a RiCE update is available for it. It used to only take a week or 2, now it might be a bit longer due to the reasons rav101 explained above.

If you updated before checking here then you simply have to wait a few weeks - and make a note for yourself to NOT update OOS so quickly next time :cool:

The Telegram group always gets test versions before the final one is posted here btw, so join there to get it a bit earlier (but so far we haven't had one there yet either) :)
I love rice but I love being updated more. I just wait until the work is finished.

Reactions: vincentallen2

JDROIDS

Mar 4, 2013
I love rice but I love being updated more. I just wait until the work is finished.
I agree. No big deal to update and then wait patiently for an update to rice if you still use and support the project. Don't let anyone make you feel as though you are stupid for updating your phone to a new security patch just because you can't play with the colors in a different way. I update right away as well.

toohey503

Nov 1, 2017
I'm getting unsupported room no matter what I try... I'm on 10.3.3 with a GM21AA, OP7P. I'm even paying for the subscription because it was working perfectly in the past until I updated... I've tried installing the app through PlayStation as well as not installing through the ps... ALSO, when I try to flash the module in Magisk I get installation failed Everytime... I've been paying for the subscription for a couple months now, but can't even get it to work and really miss and need it. Please advise, I'm standing by.
End transmission...

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
I'm getting unsupported room no matter what I try... I'm on 10.3.3 with a GM21AA, OP7P. I'm even paying for the subscription because it was working perfectly in the past until I updated... I've tried installing the app through PlayStation as well as not installing through the ps... ALSO, when I try to flash the module in Magisk I get installation failed Everytime... I've been paying for the subscription for a couple months now, but can't even get it to work and really miss and need it. Please advise, I'm standing by.
End transmission...
What did you update? OOS? Then you'll simply have to wait for RiCE to update in order for it to work with the new OOS version.

Why don't you join our Telegram group btw (link in 1st post)? Then we can try and sort this in real time :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

spart0n

Sep 5, 2018
hi, i want install but i am 10.0.3.GM25CC, i can or not?

General Details:

Supported OxygenOS versions:
OnePlus 7 Pro: 10.3.3.GM21AA, 10.06.GM21BA
OnePlus 7: 10.3.3.GM57AA, 10.0.6.GM57BA
OnePlus 7T Pro: 10.0.9.HD01AA, 10.0.9.HD01BA, 10.3.3.HD01AA
OnePlus 7T: 10.0.11.HD65AA, 10.0.11.HD65BA, 10.3.3HD65AA
OnePlus 7Pro 5G: 10.0.6.GM27BA
OnePlus 7Pro Sprint: 10.0.1.GM25CC, 10.0.2.GM25CC

Last Updated 2020-08-10

This in the first post should answer your question

warezxts

Mar 30, 2011
ohnooo, i should have read first, before upgrade my OnePlus 7 Pro OOS to 10.07.GM21BA :(
Unfortunately, this update rolling out almost every OP7Pro users this month and before
Now i lost my favorite RiCE mods....

nabril15

Nov 9, 2012
Miami, FL
What happens if one tries to install this with a newer fw than specified in the OP?
Come on now. You're asking what happens if you touch the flame of a candle...

It will not work. The version of RICE has always been updated after the oos gets updated. If you want RICE, do not update OS.