Ozone Verizon (Cedar): SSPL, HardSPL and original SPL by JockyW

Search This thread

ariesq

Jul 7, 2009
My bootloader screen shows:

CEDA100
Spl - 0.30.0000
Micro P_Cedar#w (LED) v58B

Will this not work since it's a different SPL #?

Thanks!

los166

Mar 3, 2010
hey i got the new rom installed and everything how do i unlock the sim so i can use it with tmobile

megagprime

Aug 6, 2008
Ok, I have an update on my issue. Don't ask me exactly what I did, I've tried so many things I can't keep track anymore. All of the sudden, when I ran hardspl, activesync would disconnect and the HTC sync driver would load in a matter of moments after the screen went black on my ozone. If this happens, I could get the update utility to run. Progress would go from 0-100% in a few seconds, BUT, hardspl didn't take (still says 0.39.0000). But it only lasted a short time. Now I'm back to HTC sync driver taking forever to load, if at all. When this happens the ruu process is a big fail. I'm about to the end of my wits here. I'm not pc illiterate and am not afraid to hack and mod things, but this has me totally stumped. Whatever the issue is here is beyond me and I'm about to give up on the whole thing. I've heard so many good things about ookba's rom's, but I just can't get this to work. If someone wants to take a shot at why this just won't work, I'm game. If not, thanks just the same.

Sorry if I'm ranting a little, but I just can't figure this one out. It shouldn't be this hard to do. I've made about 50 attempts at this and I need a break.

Thanks,
Mike

I think i have this guys problem
i dont think i can flash the hard spl :(
i have tried 50+ times too
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=646232
i have tried everything, i'm stumped

Last edited:

megagprime

Aug 6, 2008
I think the Telus SNAP is a CEDAR as well. Uses the same CDMA network as Verizon. Dump your SPL and post it for JockyW to examine and give the tumbs up.

Also, dump your RAW files, upload and post in this thread if you can. :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=540586

i tried it with my ceda100 SNAP_s510

and i am stuck trying to flash the hardspl or a rom from my current state :(
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=646232
please help me out somebody smart

DyMiC

Mar 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Okay. I've read through this whole thread, tried to flash the HardSPL, and have been unsuccessful.

I'm really unclear on the instructions on how to do it, because everybody has something different to say, and there aren't STEP BY STEP instructions posted.

Could somebody please post DETAILED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS on how to do the flash? I would greatly appreciate it!!!! THANK YOU!

Last edited:

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
..., and there aren't STEP BY STEP instructions posted.
What would you call these instructions :D
Instructions:
1. remove SD and SIM cards (don't forget otherwise the sspl is likely not to work!!)
2. connect your device to your pc with a USB cable and wait until it is synced
3. extract the file "Ozone HardSPL by JockyW.zip" and execute "auto.bat"
4. follow all instructions given on screen: first the sspl is copied to the device and executed. You must confirm running JumpSPL on the device: first time you must click Yes to allow it to run, you also must click the trackball to continue execution of JumpSPL. The device display will turn dark and after that the romupdate tool will install the hardspl on your device. (the identification string in the tri-color bootloader screen is "0.39.Hard")
5. to test the sspl and the hardspl you can flash the attached splash.nbh

DyMiC

Mar 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Not very detailed ones, seeing as how I followed them and it didn't work.

I took out my cards, unzipped the file, connected my Ozone via ActiveSync USB. And started the auto.bat. It copies over the JumpSPL... and then it copies over the SSPL. Then I hit enter and it starts up the JumpSPL on my phone. I click the center button to initialize JumpSPL. The screen turns black, I press enter on the computer, and it starts the ROM Update. I click the boxes, click next, and the update begins. A message pops up saying that it's verifying the information on my phone. Then ActiveSync disconnects, and a message pops up saying that the ROM Update can't be completed and to check that my phone is connected properly.

I read on here somewhere about a HTC driver popping up in Device Manager. But that hasn't happened for me.

So yeah, I'm stumped.

Last edited:

svavan

Jun 30, 2009
SIM Unlock

Hi to all!

I am live in a Ukraine, and i have THC Ozone Verizon.
I make HardSPL, but my phone stay SIM Lock.
What should I do to unlock him???

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!

greddy

Jan 10, 2005
München
www.gadgetfreak.de
After running hardspl successfully my free storage memory is only 6.94MB when I flash the WinMO 6.5 it is reduced to .04MB and I cannot install any applications or do much else. This is the second phone I have flashed and the first went fine but this one seems to lose it's memory somewhere. Any Ideas?

Hi,
and again passed a few weeks, is there now a solution to the problem
with the 6.94 mb memory or can now sell my Ozone as bricked ?

cheers

mfinlay04

Oct 18, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7
have been trying to load hardspl but have been unsuccessful. I just noticed that my SPL is 0.44.0000 not 0.39.0000 perhaps this is the reason I have not been able to load the hardspl. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

lufu

Apr 16, 2008
Attached you find all you need to flash cooked ROMs on your Ozone (Cedar).

The sspl/hardspl are confirmed to work fine on the HTC Cedar platform (Ozone).

It will not work on the HTC Maple platform (Dash3G). Running this sspl on a Dash3G will definitely brick it. Also the HTC Willow platform (SNAP S511, Sprint) is not supported. For the Dash3G I have already developed a sspl/hardspl. Users of the S511 have to wait until I feel motivated ..

The packages contains a SSPL, HardSPL, patched ROM updater and the original Ozone SPL. The package is based on SPL v0.39

Instructions:
1. remove SD and SIM cards (don't forget otherwise the sspl is likely not to work!!)
4. follow all instructions given on screen: first the sspl is copied to the device and executed. You must confirm running JumpSPL on the device: first time you must click Yes to allow it to run, you also must click the trackball to continue execution of JumpSPL. The device display will turn dark and after that the romupdate tool will install the hardspl on your device. (the identification string in the tri-color bootloader screen is "0.39.Hard")

Once the HardSPL is installed on your device you can flash any Ozone cooked or original ROM.

Have fun,
JockyW

PS: Moderators please make this a sticky. Thanks.
Thanks for your contribution!!!

Last edited:

neo_grizzly

Feb 3, 2009
Bandung
to open the simlock, buy the code to open your ozone simlock online using your imei on your phone. many site sell that.

Jocky, I have odds problem. after flashing to your hardspl, my ozone can't make call using cdma line, but sms text and internet work fine. I also can make call, text dan internet using gsm line.

I already test this using original and evo rom, both can't make call using cdma line.

Is there anyway to revert back to original spl?

Thanks

Letitride

Ozone's Sim (GSM mode) unlocking

Advice: if you are a VZW customer for 90 days+ and account is in good standing & current with payment, call the Global Support # and ask for the (8 digits) unlock code - they will read the disclaimer, ask for your email address to sent you the notice, and search/find the IMEI specific unlock code while you are online, and walk you thru the steps of going thru the menu, changing the settings, keying in to do the unlock & then rebooting the phone. Entire process took 15 minutes & oh mine, your T-Mo & AT&T domestic sim card will now work in the Ozone - and you can pull that red VZW sim card out & put it away for good. It's free & best way to do it - or if you have to, wait a little bit longer.

There are a number of sellers out there that will offer to unlock the VX6175 (HTC Ozone, or a/k/a Cedar) for a nominal fee. The 8 digit code that you are given might or might NOT work in your Ozone - and you will have to deal with documenting the failure & trying to get your money refunded. One of the online unlocking services chatted live with us & actually declined to accept funds to generate the code, didn't want to waste time nor attempt to do it - apparently had done it before & unable to unlock it for other VZW customers. The code, according to them, is kept in a database & not a "generated" set of digits - "sellers" of the HTC unlocking services are all tapping into this.

If you do want to try, do it carefully & verify the entries, and do not make more than 2 or 3 attempts as it will timing out & could cause eventual full lockup & thus, bricking the phone.

For anyone buying a pre-owned Ozone, ask & check with the seller on whether it's unlocked already by VZW as once sold, you might have a difficult time getting the correct UNLOCK code especially if you do not plan to re-activiate the Ozone with VZW (i.e. going to PPC, T-Mo or AT&T, etc.)

aaron3488

Feb 2, 2010
Need help now possibly bricked

I think i may have bricked my ozone this morning. This rom sounded amazing had everything i needed. I put files where needed to go but then after running the auto.bat going through process after screen goes black it didnt bring up the .39. whatever no big deal i put the bootloader into my docs on phone and it worked fine then but when i was flashing my dog jumped on me and my laptop usb unplugged now when i try to turn on it has htc logo but thats it thats as far as will go. I tried the volume down and then turning on then flashing but doesnt work i need some help please send me a private message or email me at aaron3488@gmail.com thanks for any info at all i would love my htc to work its 89 dollars for a new one with my insurance which is rediculouse thanks for any help please please please:confused:

Last edited:

dinhhai

May 4, 2010
I'm new in ozone, just 1 week upgrade to official wm6.5, but can not return to wm6.1 as Jockyw2001 instruction on first page, I'm stuck at 0%, pls help!

mhans311

Aug 22, 2009
I'm new in ozone, just 1 week upgrade to official wm6.5, but can not return to wm6.1 as Jockyw2001 instruction on first page, I'm stuck at 0%, pls help!

It seems as if you cannot do the hardspl if you have upgraded to the official 6.5. I am in the same boat. Anyone know how to revert back to 6.1 so I can try this again?

Feb 11, 2010
to open the simlock, buy the code to open your ozone simlock online using your imei on your phone. many site sell that.

umm... i think the point of him asking here was not to be told that there are "sites online you can buy the service from." i think he's probably looking for a solution he can implement himself.

Advice: if you are a VZW customer for 90 days+ and account is in good standing & current with payment, call the Global Support # and ask for the (8 digits) unlock code - they will read the disclaimer, ask for your email address to sent you the notice, and search/find the IMEI specific unlock code while you are online, and walk you thru the steps of going thru the menu, changing the settings, keying in to do the unlock & then rebooting the phone. Entire process took 15 minutes & oh mine, your T-Mo & AT&T domestic sim card will now work in the Ozone - and you can pull that red VZW sim card out & put it away for good.

i would just like to add to this that you need to have the Ozone active on your Verizon account first before attempting to do this. otherwise they will not give you the code. SOURCE: i just tried.

Last edited:

dinhhai

May 4, 2010
Ozone official 6.5 bricked after "success downgrade to 6.1"

It seems as if you cannot do the hardspl if you have upgraded to the official 6.5. I am in the same boat. Anyone know how to revert back to 6.1 so I can try this again?

After several time trying, finally i get a "success flash" but my Ozone completed brick at HTC splash screen. Pls anyone urgent help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attached you find all you need to flash cooked ROMs on your Ozone (Cedar).

The sspl/hardspl are confirmed to work fine on the HTC Cedar platform (Ozone).

It will not work on the HTC Maple platform (Dash3G). Running this sspl on a Dash3G will definitely brick it. Also the HTC Willow platform (SNAP S511, Sprint) is not supported. For the Dash3G I have already developed a sspl/hardspl. Users of the S511 have to wait until I feel motivated ..

The packages contains a SSPL, HardSPL, patched ROM updater and the original Ozone SPL. The package is based on SPL v0.39

Instructions:

Once the HardSPL is installed on your device you can flash any Ozone cooked or original ROM.

Have fun,
    JockyW

PS: Moderators please make this a sticky. Thanks.