Ozone Verizon (Cedar): SSPL, HardSPL and original SPL by JockyW

Search This thread

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
Attached you find all you need to flash cooked ROMs on your Ozone (Cedar).

The sspl/hardspl are confirmed to work fine on the HTC Cedar platform (Ozone).

It will not work on the HTC Maple platform (Dash3G). Running this sspl on a Dash3G will definitely brick it. Also the HTC Willow platform (SNAP S511, Sprint) is not supported. For the Dash3G I have already developed a sspl/hardspl. Users of the S511 have to wait until I feel motivated ..

The packages contains a SSPL, HardSPL, patched ROM updater and the original Ozone SPL. The package is based on SPL v0.39

Instructions:
1. remove SD and SIM cards (don't forget otherwise the sspl is likely not to work!!)
2. connect your device to your pc with a USB cable and wait until it is synced
3. extract the file "Ozone HardSPL by JockyW.zip" and execute "auto.bat"
4. follow all instructions given on screen: first the sspl is copied to the device and executed. You must confirm running JumpSPL on the device: first time you must click Yes to allow it to run, you also must click the trackball to continue execution of JumpSPL. The device display will turn dark and after that the romupdate tool will install the hardspl on your device. (the identification string in the tri-color bootloader screen is "0.39.Hard")
5. to test the sspl and the hardspl you can flash the attached splash.nbh

Once the HardSPL is installed on your device you can flash any Ozone cooked or original ROM.

Have fun,
JockyW

PS: Moderators please make this a sticky. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sameer.47

justlevine

Jul 17, 2009
4. follow all instructions given on screen: first the sspl is copied to the device and executed. You must confirm running JumpSPL on the device: first time you must click Yes to allow it to run, you also must click the trackball to continue execution of JumpSPL. The device display will turn dark and after that the romupdate tool will install the hardspl on your device. (the identification string in the tri-color bootloader screen is "0.39.Hard")

Um... so most of this worked fine, and the screen is dark, and a generic htc driver got auto installed... and the Rom Utility popped up on my screen... But how do I get it to connect to activesync like this?

l0newulf

Aug 22, 2009
After my phone rebooted completely (following the ROM utility completing), I just re-enabled Allow USB connections and it seems to work fine.

justlevine

Jul 17, 2009
No, so the rom update tool doesnt complete because ActiveSync doesnt work after the screen turns black...
Edit: and Im using XP (noticed ur not from the thumbnail...) idk if that matters or anything

Last edited:

businesschild

Apr 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
twitter.com
I'm having some difficulties of my own. I'm running Windows 7 RC x64 with WMDC 6.1.6965.

I started by running the sspl.bat (with USB enabled in WMDC); the SPL app came up on my device's screen, I tapped ok, and the device screen went black w/ solid black pixels. The only way of rebooting it is yanking the battery. The OS loads fine after that.

Later I thought it had run sucessfully so I ran auto.bat. The JumpSPL steps ran fine (with USB enabled still) but it failed at step 4 when the ROM tried to flash (obv. because USB was still enabled).

Strange thing is, when USB is disabled and I run auto.bat, the device is unable to connect in steps 1-3. I canceled all those steps and then the ROM flasher starts, makes a connection, and starts the flash but won't go past 0%. The screen is still black because after step 3 the SPL flashes (or attempts to.)

I later put the device in bootloader manually (with the colorful bars) and ran the ROM flasher by itself. It runs but again, gets stuck at 0% on both the device and the PC. After a while a 262: update error pops up. This must be because the SPL is still locked? The OS boots fine after a battery pull.

Strange. Any advice would be welcome.

businesschild

Apr 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
twitter.com
The bootloader is still locked in 0.39.0000, confirmed.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure all my problems are coming from x64 drivers. I'm going to try this again in Windows XP Mode. Congrads everyone who's succesfully flashed! Good work guys!

Last edited:

ptcfast2

Apr 8, 2007
Cary, NC
forgot to remove my SIM card! Gonna try again, give me a few minutes

I'm having some difficulties of my own. I'm running Windows 7 RC x64 with WMDC 6.1.6965.

I started by running the sspl.bat (with USB enabled in WMDC); the SPL app came up on my device's screen, I tapped ok, and the device screen went black w/ solid black pixels. The only way of rebooting it is yanking the battery. The OS loads fine after that.

Later I thought it had run sucessfully so I ran auto.bat. The JumpSPL steps ran fine (with USB enabled still) but it failed at step 4 when the ROM tried to flash (obv. because USB was still enabled).

Strange thing is, when USB is disabled and I run auto.bat, the device is unable to connect in steps 1-3. I canceled all those steps and then the ROM flasher starts, makes a connection, and starts the flash but won't go past 0%. The screen is still black because after step 3 the SPL flashes (or attempts to.)

I later put the device in bootloader manually (with the colorful bars) and ran the ROM flasher by itself. It runs but again, gets stuck at 0% on both the device and the PC. After a while a 262: update error pops up. This must be because the SPL is still locked? The OS boots fine after a battery pull.

Strange. Any advice would be welcome.

no, same problems. :sigh:

The bootloader is still locked in 0.39.0000, confirmed.

Instead of replying to yourself, please use the edit button next time. :rolleyes:

Anyways, if you run auto.bat, disable USB Connections after the screen turns black via ActiveSync. In your device manager (with the screen still black) look at your USB Devices. You should see a entry called HTC USB Sync. If you see that continue to flash. Seeing HTC USB Sync is a key step in this whole process.

Please read the testing/development thread for some good solid help. A bunch of us ran into the same issue you did. If you read all 4 pages you should be able to troubleshoot your problem: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=550628

Last edited:

computerpro3

Aug 4, 2009
Working on it! :) Lots of work! Gonna grab my Ozone later today and cook you guys up some treats to taste test! Haha. Ready??

I'm a new member here and I can't believe how much hard work you guys put in for free. I am pretty broke right now but at some point in the next week or so I'm going send a small donation to both you and jockyw....won't be much as I really can't afford it but should buy you some decent beer at least...

fpatano

Jul 19, 2009
I'm a new member here and I can't believe how much hard work you guys put in for free. I am pretty broke right now but at some point in the next week or so I'm going send a small donation to both you and jockyw....won't be much as I really can't afford it but should buy you some decent beer at least...

HERE HERE!
The stock ozone rom is crap, I would love to cook my own ROM!

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
Also guys, we gotta hook up JockyW with some donations. He worked his ASS off to build this and we have to show some gratitude. If you want him to continue to support us, we have to show him some love.

PriTyan

Jul 3, 2009
Chicago
Also guys, we gotta hook up JockyW with some donations. He worked his ASS off to build this and we have to show some gratitude. If you want him to continue to support us, we have to show him some love.

I agree. Just sent him a small donation. You're next ookba, but will have to wait until next paycheck.:cool:

Update: Small donation sent to you as well ookba. I'll just have to skip lunch tomorrow ;)

P

Last edited:
C

conflipper

How sure are you that Ozone is Cedar?

RUU_Chief_W_WM65_VERIZON_WWE_2.10.605.1T_Radio_612522_1.71.00WV_NV_MFG_VZW

looks like a chief to me, but I could be wrong, I would like to release a 6.5 kernal, but dont want to have wrong device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attached you find all you need to flash cooked ROMs on your Ozone (Cedar).

The sspl/hardspl are confirmed to work fine on the HTC Cedar platform (Ozone).

It will not work on the HTC Maple platform (Dash3G). Running this sspl on a Dash3G will definitely brick it. Also the HTC Willow platform (SNAP S511, Sprint) is not supported. For the Dash3G I have already developed a sspl/hardspl. Users of the S511 have to wait until I feel motivated ..

The packages contains a SSPL, HardSPL, patched ROM updater and the original Ozone SPL. The package is based on SPL v0.39

Instructions:
    1. remove SD and SIM cards (don't forget otherwise the sspl is likely not to work!!)
    2. connect your device to your pc with a USB cable and wait until it is synced
    3. extract the file "Ozone HardSPL by JockyW.zip" and execute "auto.bat"
    5. to test the sspl and the hardspl you can flash the attached splash.nbh

Once the HardSPL is installed on your device you can flash any Ozone cooked or original ROM.

Have fun,
    JockyW

PS: Moderators please make this a sticky. Thanks.