[P-EOL][ROM]LineageOS 11 for I9300

Search This thread

richyg81

Jul 26, 2012
You could try to install stock via odin and after that install twrp again (i don't own this device but i helped my friend setting up custom roms and twrp) {edit: you might need a .pit file)
I have already tried to flash stock ROM with Odin in the hopes that might magically fix it but Odin fails on every attempt.

Do you have a pit file for this device?

richyg81

Jul 26, 2012
Only use the pit file in the odin+pit zip
Use a newer odin but follow instructions
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/help/solved-pit-bricked-dead-problem-gt-t2535367
I've tried this several ways now but every task simply fails. I'm now convinced the emmc has failed causing hard bricked device. Only Odin v1.85 recognised my device (out of 6 versions I tried) but it wouldn't flash the pit file successfully.

Kinda sad cos ive had this phone for many years and it has served me well over many Android versions and custom ROMs. I'm really intrigued as to how/why it attempted to encrypt itself in the middle of the night though, I find that really odd. The intense work involved with encryption must have been too much for it to cope.

Oh well. Unless anyone has any other ideas I guess that's it. I will go and bury my beloved s3 in the back garden now, or just recycle it :)

darko295

Feb 4, 2016
Well, my device bricked itself in the night. [emoji53]

Using 20180426 build...

Woke up to a message saying "device encryption had failed" and that as a result I would have to "wipe my device", or something along those lines. I had never seen this message before and I certainly was not attempting to encrypt my device during the night while sleeping.

I decided the safest thing is to hard reboot. On doing so the GT-i9300 logo stayed for a suspiciously long time, in fact it did not load past it! Starting to panic now a little.

Rebooted to TWRP this time, thinking I can just do a full wipe and install the ROM from the previous week. But on trying to wipe I was presented with an unholy screen of red errors the likes of which I nor my precious S3 had ever seen!

I have already tried to flash stock ROM with Odin in the hopes that might magically fix it but Odin fails on every attempt.

I'm now completey at a loss and asking for some assistance from you guys who may have some advice I hadn't tried or thought of yet.

I've ad this phone since launch. Is this really how the journey with my Sammy S3 ends? [emoji22]View attachment 4491603View attachment 4491604

Same thing happened to me yesterday, I have been using some older build. Will try to fix it this weekend. If I manage to bring it back to life steps will be posted here.

darko295

Feb 4, 2016
I managed to do it by installing stock firmware for my region with Odin (v3.07). At first it stuck on Samsung logo, but after I wiped cache from recovery it booted up.

skyleth

May 19, 2009
Seville
Samsung Galaxy S8
i know this is pretty old and eol, but thank you, this works awesome, although I can't make it work with latest 4.4 gapps :( not nano or pico package works, it's like google account setup is not properly installed and play store not even opens.

I install it over official samsung 4.3 rom, advanced wipe (cache, dalvik, data and system), flash rom and gapps at the same time, then tried:
advanced wipe (cache, dalvik, data and system), flash rom and then gapps
no luck either, then
advanced wipe (cache, dalvik, data and system), flash rom and gapps and wipe dalvik after flashing, with same result and then
advanced wipe (cache, dalvik, data and system), flash rom and then gapps and wipe dalvik after flashing and still not working.

I've tried with 22042018 and 27042018 builds but no luck.
@rpdroky Is there a correct order of flashing i'm missing?

Last edited:

Psycho103

Jul 27, 2016
Vadodara
i know this is pretty old and eol, but thank you, this works awesome, although I can't make it work with latest 4.4 gapps :( not nano or pico package works, it's like google account setup is not properly installed and play store not even opens.

I install it over official samsung 4.3 rom, advanced wipe (cache, dalvik, data and system), flash rom and gapps at the same time, then tried:
advanced wipe (cache, dalvik, data and system), flash rom and then gapps
no luck either, then
advanced wipe (cache, dalvik, data and system), flash rom and gapps and wipe dalvik after flashing, with same result and then
advanced wipe (cache, dalvik, data and system), flash rom and then gapps and wipe dalvik after flashing and still not working.

I've tried with 22042018 and 27042018 builds but no luck.

@rpdroky Is there a correct order of flashing i'm missing?
The latest build has a few bugs try SlimKat. You will find the link in SlimRom 7.1.1 thread

slmjunior

May 10, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-07-16-45-19_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-07-16-45-19_com.miui.home.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Screenshot_2018-09-07-16-45-42_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-07-16-45-42_com.android.settings.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

skyleth

May 19, 2009
Seville
Samsung Galaxy S8
@skyleth did u try Miui With Android kitkat? Is not have recently Android but Is very smooth!

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Install Cm Version 5.11.20 then download ota to 6.7.15
I prefer download 6.7.15 and do a clean instalation again
After first boot, back to recovery and flash gapps and supersu!

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/rom-miui7-smoothfasterotamultilanguage-t3178839

Works for me

Thanks but I don't like miui, i had a xiaomi and sold it because of that

rpdroky

Nov 13, 2014
Hy guyz , il try to make another los11 build soon but first i need a bigger sdd for that because my 128G one isnt enough anymore , so please be pacient :)
And btw , my last cm11 build was made purely on los branch so there isnt a xposed fix in it , i will re include it in the next one and because my s3 is dead my next build will be pure experimental so i will need you guyz to test it :)

Cheers :highfive:

slmjunior

May 10, 2014
Hy guyz , il try to make another los11 build soon but first i need a bigger sdd for that because my 128G one isnt enough anymore , so please be pacient :)
And btw , my last cm11 build was made purely on los branch so there isnt a xposed fix in it , i will re include it in the next one and because my s3 is dead my next build will be pure experimental so i will need you guyz to test it :)

I will try!
btw, all kitkat roms that I test it(this cm 11; liquid smooth; miui 7; omnirom) and others 6.0 roms, always close by itself in games, like Free fire! i think because of low memory!
can u solve that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fyfqys.gif
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Huuuge thanks to @xpduyson , @TimSchumi and @wolfenders for keeping the security updates up !

----------| HOW TO INSTALL |----------

Clean
    - Download ROM
    - Download GApps ( optional )
    - Reboot in recovery ( TWRP Recommended )
    - Wipe --> Advanced Wipe --> Select : Dalvik / ART Cache , Cache , System and Data --> Swipe to Wipe
    - Flash ROM
    - Flash Gapps ( optional )
    - Reboot

Dirty
    - Download ROM
    - Download GApps ( optional )
    - Reboot in recovery ( TWRP Recommended )
    - Flash ROM
    - Flash Gapps ( optional )
    - Reboot

----------| DOWNLOAD ZONE |----------

Latest Version : Here
    TWRP_3.1.1-0 flashable zip : here
    Open Gapps : here
    Problems with EFS/IMEI/No network? here is the thread for you
    Problems sending SMS? Check out this thread , PDU encoder is outdated so just scrol down on the warning page , and yes it will work for any ROM not just JB

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 11.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    rpdroky, LineageOS team

ROM OS Version: 4.4.4 KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM or TWRP recovery
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-03-26
    Last Updated 2016-06-13
    LINEAGE OS 13.0

Latest Version : Here
    lineage-11-20170716-RPDROKY-i9300 : Online

- ROM and Kernel build with -O3
    - Tweaked pegasusq + fix for unused 300-400mhz cpu steps
    - TripNdroid default I/O scheduler ( credits to the owner ) + tweaks based on frap129's mapple scheduler
    - Color Calibrator in Display Section ( credits to @forkbomb444 )
    - Screen brightness fix to allow much lower display brightness ( credits to @Oebbler1 )
    - Whatsapp camera fix ( credits to filiprrs ) also thanks to @Divine for letting me know about it
    - Open source camera
    - TTL mangling support
    - ZRAM added with 400mb set by default
    - 2017-07-01 Security updates

My sincer apologies again for the delay but my job eats almost all my free time and all i had was a few hours to work on the rom every weekend so that's the long story short :)

lineage-11-20170427-RPDROKY-i9300.zip | MD5 Online
    - Tweaked pegasusq based on yankasusq cpu governor ( more battery frendly )
    - FIFO i/o scheduler
    - ROM build with -O3
    - Updated bootanimation ( thx @orsonbear )
    - April security updates ( thx again @xpduyson )

lineage-11-20171219-RPDROKY-i9300 : Online
    - Fixed video playback in fullscreen mode ( i coudn't find a fix the window mode )
    - Google Snappy ZRAM ( credits to @AndreiLux for the patches )
    - Changed CPU governor PegasusQ with hotplugx ( credits to @Imoseyon ) modifyed for i9300
    - Updated ASB Security to 2017-11-01

lineage-13.0-20170924-RPDROKY-i9300

When I install some applications (Like Signal messenger - ol file manager) on this ROM, The system breaks down and the boot stops.

I have tried the clean installation with pico gapps.
    I'l check it when i'l have a little free time :)

Cheers and Happy Holydays to everyone ! :highfive: