• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

P10 Lite Hardbrick (can't dload, erecovery, flash recovery,etc...)

Search This thread

Mcgreygor

Apr 12, 2015
Hello guys! i have the same problem as this guy here:

LET'S BEGIN OUR JOURNEY:

i follow this guide succesfully:

so since i downgraded to emui 5 i wanted to upgrade to emui 8 (for custom roms) but with OTA was not working

then i managed to flashed twrp (3.1.x.x) succesfully cause the new ones were not working
but with this recovery i couldn't flash anything! and i had already wiped everything out! (data, dalvik cache, system, etc...)
i tried to flash new twrp version through twrp, but i didn't worked!

i decided to flash stock firmware (emui 5) with force dload method (phone off, pressing all 3 buttons together, you know...)
https://androidhost.ru/JT (Warsaw-L21 C432B182 EU SERVICE)

with this, GUESS WHAT, i soft bricked it, i couldn't boot BUT dload, erecovery, etc...were working!

so i follow this guide flashing stock firmware (emui 8) with force dload method:

but i think i just hard bricked my device.

the phone boots in error mode
func NO: 11 (recovery image)
error NO: 2 (load failed!)

i can't use dload, erecovery, or twrp (or stock recovery)
only fastboot works

when i'm trying to flash something in fastboot mode (ex recovery or boot.img) i get the error

FAILED (remote: partition length get error)​

DEVICE INFO:
huawei p10 lite (4gb / dual sim)

fastboot oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader) unlocked

fastboot oem get-psid
(bootloader) SN: obscured (if you need it tell me)
(bootloader) IMEI: obscured (if u need it tell me)
(bootloader) IMEI1:000000000000000
(bootloader) MEID:00000000000000

fastboot oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :WAS-LX1AC02B141

fastboot oem get-product-model
(bootloader) WAS-LX1A

fastboot getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: vodafone/default (this appears now, cause the first emui 5 firmware i flashed was vodafone branded)

My bootloader and FRP are UNLOCKED

thanks a lot to everybody, if you need any other details just tell me! :)

Last edited:

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
my own little microcosmos
Hi...

what about HWOTA-WAS Methode? There you can change Region from C02 to any other. If you didnt have the 3 package Firmware for that. Let me know...i can upload my B398C432 for 4GB dual sim firmware. You can
also try to only extract the oeminfo from same named folder and flash it by fastboot command
fastboot flash oeminfo xxxxxxxxx.img
If its no image then Rename it from xxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxxx.img
But hey heads up...nothing is lost 😌

solong
speedson 🤘🙃🤘

Mcgreygor

Apr 12, 2015
Hi...

what about HWOTA-WAS Methode? There you can change Region from C02 to any other. If you didnt have the 3 package Firmware for that. Let me know...i can upload my B398C432 for 4GB dual sim firmware. You can
also try to only extract the oeminfo from same named folder and flash it by fastboot command
fastboot flash oeminfo xxxxxxxxx.img
If its no image then Rename it from xxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxxx.img
But hey heads up...nothing is lost 😌

solong
speedson 🤘🙃🤘
thanks man! yes please, can you upload it? I'll try what you suggest for sure

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
Here these 2 zip´s waiting for your download. Keep in mind...an unlocked bootloader is needet^^

HWOTA-WAS-Eng is the tool
HWOTA are the 3 parts of the Firmware

unzip the tool ( HWOTA8_WAS is what we want ) and unzip the 3 parts of firmware
copy and paste the 3 parts of firmware into the HWOTA8_WAS / update folder

then connect the Phone ( fastboot mode ) to the PC
start the process by execute the update_eng.bat

when asked whether it should be repacked or already is .... it is already repacked :)
when asked for Source...choose Script

now the !!!!what would you do!!! choose 2 for !!!!!!change location!!!!! that you go away from the C02 European-Vodafone Brandt straight to the one you want WAS-LX1AC432

follow the prcess to the End :)

hope it help you by unbrick/restore your Phone...good luck bro

solong
speedson 🤘 🙃 🤘

if this had not work cause of bla blub idont know....we try another Option with Multi-Tool and Huawei-firmware-extractor

• Love
Reactions: Mcgreygor

Mcgreygor

Apr 12, 2015
thanks man! i tried, but when i have to reboot to twrp recovery, the phone boots in error mode
again:

func no: 11 (recovery image)
error no: 2 (load failed!)

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
thanks man! i tried, but when i have to reboot to twrp recovery, the phone boots in error mode
again:

func no: 11 (recovery image)
error no: 2 (load failed!)
Hi...

in your first post you write that dload doesnt work for you. So how did you doing it?
Wich firmware package you choose for dload method---have a link?
How did you config the external sd and the dload folder?

solong
speedson🤘🙃🤘

• Wow

Mcgreygor

Apr 12, 2015
Hi...

in your first post you write that dload doesnt work for you. So how did you doing it?
Wich firmware package you choose for dload method---have a link?
How did you config the external sd and the dload folder?

solong
speedson🤘🙃🤘
wait...there is some confusion here i think hahaha
yes! dload method DOESN'T WORK so i tried your method.
i follow the guide and when i use "update_eng.bat" it flashes the twrp recovery and then it asks to reboot to recovery but it doesn't work!

ennadif

Jun 23, 2016
Hello ,

mee too I had this issue so what I did maybe you need to be patient . you will push dload ( the idea is to try every firmware even if not compatible with your phone result just worked your phone )
1 - if I undertand well you are using a wrong recovery.img ( same issue happed with me) I use a lot of and what is compatible for me is twrp_p10_lite_0.4.img - fixed mount issues ( LINK ) you can try all of them if this one does not open twrp well but I guess that will help you .
2 - if you could open the TWRP make a full wip everything . delete all systems data .... everything .
3 - here you need to be patient please : donwload all huawei dual SIM and try one by one download this FIRMWARE
4 - put the file exactly as this HERE @Thanks to Alexxx1
5 - if we suppose after many tries you have the chance to get phone worked and you will see that the BUILD NUMBER is like that 8.0.0.046 (xyz)
6 - connect your phone using HI SUITE then update from HI SUITE . you will see that you are in the last version of EMUI and try another version . click on it . you will see the exact Firmware of your device but android 7 not problem you can get latest update after easily .as always .

try this and I hop that I helped you .

BR

• Love

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
i follow the guide and when i use "update_eng.bat" it flashes the twrp recovery and then it asks to reboot to recovery but it doesn't work!
Hi...
ok guys.....dont try anything other...keep on being at the HWOTA ok sweethearts. The HWOTA progress is starting and flashing the TWRP recovery...then it ask to reboot to recovery but nothing happens right? The Answer is very simple.

There doesnt exist a fastboot command to directly reboot from fastboot to recovery like

fastboot reboot-recovery (this command would be nice but its not existing)

so what is to do for you after TWRP was flashed successfully...the script is waiting for the boot into recovery. you need to do it manually by unplug the usb cable from the Phone and then press pwr button for so long that the screen turns into black-shut off the phone you know.
even the screen is tunred into black (the phone is shut-off) instantly press and hold Vol-up key for so long until you see the Huawei Logo...Pwr-Key not needet cause Phone is power-up by it selfe.
you should now enter recovery-mode....now reconnect the usb cable and in the HWOTA script press enter and follow the instructions in the blue screen script and dont forget we want to change the Region. That you leave the C02 Vodafone branding firmware to c432 European no branding.

for the latest step the script ask you to relock the bootloader or let him unlocked...so let him unlocked if you not have a unlock-code and if you want to flash a custom rom later.

Hello ,

mee too I had this issue so what I did maybe you need to be patient . you will push dload ( the idea is to try every firmware even if not compatible with your phone result just worked your phone )
1 - if I undertand well you are using a wrong recovery.img ( same issue happed with me) I use a lot of and what is compatible for me is twrp_p10_lite_0.4.img - fixed mount issues ( LINK ) you can try all of them if this one does not open twrp well but I guess that will help you .
2 - if you could open the TWRP make a full wip everything . delete all systems data .... everything .
3 - here you need to be patient please : donwload all huawei dual SIM and try one by one download this FIRMWARE
5 - if we suppose after many tries you have the chance to get phone worked and you will see that the BUILD NUMBER is like that 8.0.0.046 (xyz)
6 - connect your phone using HI SUITE then update from HI SUITE . you will see that you are in the last version of EMUI and try another version . click on it . you will see the exact Firmware of your device but android 7 not problem you can get latest update after easily .as always .

BR
Hi...

8.0.0.046(xyz) is a bug mode that means it is a wrong boot image in the System with a security patch from 2018 if i remeber correctly. The HiSuit could not help for his Problem cause he had a wrong brandet firmware flashed. btw HiSiute also doesnt help by anything that you try to fix...you Device is not supportet is the standart answer from HiSuite...its a bullshit tool like every other bullshit tool from other Customers like Samsung Sony bla blub.

So let us go the HWOTA way to really fix his issue and to get his Device working like it should :) I know that will work pretty well.

solong
speedson🤘🙃🤘

ennadif

Jun 23, 2016
Hi...
ok guys.....dont try anything other...keep on being at the HWOTA ok sweethearts. The HWOTA progress is starting and flashing the TWRP recovery...then it ask to reboot to recovery but nothing happens right? The Answer is very simple.

There doesnt exist a fastboot command to directly reboot from fastboot to recovery like

so what is to do for you after TWRP was flashed successfully...the script is waiting for the boot into recovery. you need to do it manually by unplug the usb cable from the Phone and then press pwr button for so long that the screen turns into black-shut off the phone you know.
even the screen is tunred into black (the phone is shut-off) instantly press and hold Vol-up key for so long until you see the Huawei Logo...Pwr-Key not needet cause Phone is power-up by it selfe.
you should now enter recovery-mode....now reconnect the usb cable and in the HWOTA script press enter and follow the instructions in the blue screen script and dont forget we want to change the Region. That you leave the C02 Vodafone branding firmware to c432 European no branding.

for the latest step the script ask you to relock the bootloader or let him unlocked...so let him unlocked if you not have a unlock-code and if you want to flash a custom rom later.

Hi...

8.0.0.046(xyz) is a bug mode that means it is a wrong boot image in the System with a security patch from 2018 if i remeber correctly. The HiSuit could not help for his Problem cause he had a wrong brandet firmware flashed. btw HiSiute also doesnt help by anything that you try to fix...you Device is not supportet is the standart answer from HiSuite...its a bullshit tool like every other bullshit tool from other Customers like Samsung Sony bla blub.

So let us go the HWOTA way to really fix his issue and to get his Device working like it should :) I know that will work pretty well.

solong
speedson🤘🙃🤘
Hello Speedson ,
Your are the master , am not a develpooer and I have 1 % knowledge on firmware . but Hisuite helped me really . when I had the wrong boot 8.0.0.046 (xyz ) I just go to system update then other version . really Hisuite gived me emui 5 as version with my build number exactly .

anyway your methode could help more . put no one will lose if try this solution as fin,al solution.

BR

Mcgreygor

Apr 12, 2015
Hello ,

BR
Thanks Man! but i already tried with that twrp image
it doesn't work...it always say:

fastboot flash recovery twrp_p10_lite_0.4.img

Sending 'recovery' (24954 KB) OKAY [ 0.656s]
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'partition length get error')
fastboot: error: Command failed

fastboot flash ramdisk_recovery twrp_p10_lite_0.4.img

Sending 'ramdisk_recovery' (24954 KB) OKAY [ 0.657s]
Writing 'ramdisk_recovery' FAILED (remote: 'partition length get error')
fastboot: error: Command failed

either cases

Mcgreygor

Apr 12, 2015
Hi...

Hi...

solong
speedson🤘🙃🤘
Hey man! thanks again for reply

the command "fastboot reboot recovery" actually exist, and works with many models, but not all of them
with the p10 lite, it works:

fastboot reboot recovery

Rebooting into recovery OKAY [ 0.018s]
Finished. Total time: 0.034s

the problem is, i still get "error mode"

even if i try with the "power on + volume up" combo...still...error mode

dimutris

Jun 27, 2021
i have the same issue. Speedson`s way is working but i cant seem to find a way to charge my phone either on error mode or on fastboot.
Upon restart there is a red lightining and the phone isnt rebooting if i take off any cable. just black screen as if it is not charged. when i connect the cable with pc it wont boot to recovery because its connected.

Mcgreygor

Apr 12, 2015
i have the same issue. Speedson`s way is working but i cant seem to find a way to charge my phone either on error mode or on fastboot.
Upon restart there is a red lightining and the phone isnt rebooting if i take off any cable. just black screen as if it is not charged. when i connect the cable with pc it wont boot to recovery because its connected.
yep, same issue now...i can't offline charge my phone
red blinking and the phone goes OFF
i can only use fastboot mode with usb plugged in

dimutris

Jun 27, 2021
Do you think its possible the issue of not charging to be because of the software or maybe the charging port is somewhat damaged?
I mean it could be possible that we both might have damaged the charging port. However i cant see anywhere some info about that issue. Can we for sure know that the phone charges on error mode or on bootloader, or is itfor sure a software issue?

jimlkosmo

Dec 3, 2013
Here these 2 zip´s waiting for your download. Keep in mind...an unlocked bootloader is needet^^

solong
speedson 🤘 🙃 🤘

if this had not work cause of bla blub idont know....we try another Option with Multi-Tool and Huawei-firmware-extractor
I have the exact same problem, but my phone is WAS-LX1C432 (p10lite dual sim with 3gb ram). Could you please upload the HWOTA for WAS-LX1C432?

Do you think its possible the issue of not charging to be because of the software or maybe the charging port is somewhat damaged?
I mean it could be possible that we both might have damaged the charging port. However i cant see anywhere some info about that issue. Can we for sure know that the phone charges on error mode or on bootloader, or is itfor sure a software issue?

What's the output you get from this command: fastboot getvar battery-voltage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok i will make 3 Tutorial with dload, multi-tool and hwota method ok.

Pls give me a bit time for that...i will do it fastest i could ok :) Im not experienced in making Tutorial :)

Hi...

you could not flash boot.img cause on p10 lite its not boot.img....its ramdisk.img

and to get the Device working again you should not flash a TWRP recovery and try to boot....you should first use the stock recovery. best is to get the Device back to stock. So the Device boot normaly and from the working state you should try again to flash a TWRP and then all what you want :)

If you would search the p10 lite forum here on XDA you will find more then just 1 article how to unbrick a device. Or you must wait until i have made the vid-tutorial. But actually its clanwars campaign on World of Tanks and is "all-in" there every night. So its a lot of time i need/will to spend for that ;)

solong
    speedson🤘🙃🤘
    Thank you sir!

HWOTA-WAS-Eng is the tool
    HWOTA are the 3 parts of the Firmware

unzip the tool ( HWOTA8_WAS is what we want ) and unzip the 3 parts of firmware
    copy and paste the 3 parts of firmware into the HWOTA8_WAS / update folder

then connect the Phone ( fastboot mode ) to the PC
    start the process by execute the update_eng.bat

when asked whether it should be repacked or already is .... it is already repacked :)
    when asked for Source...choose Script

now the !!!!what would you do!!! choose 2 for !!!!!!change location!!!!! that you go away from the C02 European-Vodafone Brandt straight to the one you want WAS-LX1AC432

follow the prcess to the End :)

hope it help you by unbrick/restore your Phone...good luck bro

solong
    speedson 🤘 🙃 🤘

Hello ,

BR
    Hi...

Hello ,

BR
    Hi...

solong
    speedson🤘🙃🤘
    Hi...

Hi...

solong
    speedson🤘🙃🤘
    Hello Speedson ,
    Your are the master , am not a develpooer and I have 1 % knowledge on firmware . but Hisuite helped me really . when I had the wrong boot 8.0.0.046 (xyz ) I just go to system update then other version . really Hisuite gived me emui 5 as version with my build number exactly .

anyway your methode could help more . put no one will lose if try this solution as fin,al solution.

BR
    thanks guys so much! for helping me, you are so sweet! <3