P10 Plus Camera Thread

Search This thread

stargate1000

Jun 9, 2008
Spot the hidden spider. Taken at the weekend, raw file edited in light room mobile.

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_20170423_084608.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20170423_084608.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 1,401
Reactions: mads644

hackdrag0n

Jul 1, 2015
I disagree... I was talking about the camera specifically. I had the mate 9 and I do rather prefer the p10 plus for sure. There's a distinct difference in quality especially in low light.

So on that note my comment still stands...in your eyes wrong but not in mine.
I'm also enjoying the move from Mate 9 to p10 plus. I know the difference between f/1.8 and f/2.2 isn't much but it seems like Huawei have also made some minor improvements in the camera software itself.
b48fb8325a10d7623f4e3d5ac425ed9f.jpg

flotrue

May 18, 2017
Photosphere

I'd like to make photospheres with the Huawei p10 plus. But I just get blurry out of focus results. I used streetview and cardboard camera app and also the photosphere function of the Google camera app. It seems to be a general software problem. I really hope it gets soooon fixed with an update.
Does anyone know how to shoot great photosphere with Huawei p10 plus.

DV87XDA

May 4, 2017
Just FYI, except camera low-light issue.

I noticed UI is much smoother, touch became very responsive, battery life improved and overall performance has been improved as well.

Cool. Thanks a lot. Thinking about installing b133 by myself or b150 over funky Huawei. I might even go for the b150 hoping that battery life is even more improved

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As there seems to not be a camera thread yet, here's one to get us started. I have had my P10 Plus in the UK from its release through carphone warehouse.

I had the p8, P9, p10 and this definitely is the model to get if you are interested in its camera capability.

I took this pic last night through my kitchen window (was very windy outside) propped up against the window pane using the light trails option. Not the best example but I am impressed by its potential for use in night photography.

Great camera phone both day and night.
    Here's a couple of shots in auto, both black and white then colour. Both focus and exposure smack in the middle of the light.
    Here are just a few of mine, I adore the camera on this phone.
    What a shame! Whenever and wherever, please always try to shoot in raw. Such a great feature of the cameras shouldn't go wasted!

Most people won't shoot in raw. However, I do agree raw is generally the way to go and the P10 series captures a lot of data with raw. This is a shot from my Mate 9 original taken in raw.

Frosty morning on Dartmoor #huaweimate9 by Gavin Fabiani-Laymond, on Flickr
    And now compare it in .raw format with at least the P9, and when others with a Mate 9 join let's compare against hose as well. The hardware isn't that much different from Mate 9, for a much higher price. So saying that this is the model to get would be a bit wrong IMHO.

I disagree... I was talking about the camera specifically. I had the mate 9 and I do rather prefer the p10 plus for sure. There's a distinct difference in quality especially in low light.

So on that note my comment still stands...in your eyes wrong but not in mine.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone