P20 lite Android 10 (EMUI 10) update status

Search This thread

Zapthos

Apr 3, 2018
Is there any crack u can use to skip the paying part or it cannot be done without paying?
You can try this, but I don't know if it has any viruses or malware, so use at your own risk. I would personally not trust something like this but if you really want it unlocked you might want to give it a try.

Last edited:

outplaykill

Nov 2, 2019
Is there a safe way to flash twrp and potencially rom on this device? I have it unlocked.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone! ?

In this thread I will update you on anything related to EMUI 10 based on Android 10 Q for the P20 lite.

I've found some interesting information regarding Android Q on the P20 lite. I've attached a screenshot of something I keep on getting when I open HiCare. This is in Dutch, but I will translate it for you. It says:
    5 promises for carefree use
    1. Use apps
    2. Update apps
    3. Security updates
    4. Service
    5. Android Q

This is already a good start, but we don't know if this message is just to the general Huawei smartphones, or the P20 lite.

UPDATE 1 - JULY 12TH 2019: Huawei is ready to show its EMUI 10 based on Android Q next month. This might mean earlier release for the current devices, which will result in more time being left for older / budget devices.
    Source

UPDATE 2 - JULY 15TH 2019: Today Huawei Central has released a topic talking about what phones will get the EMUI 10. The P20 lite is listed here too, but it is on the list of devices that will probably get it, so not the list of the devices that will get it.
    Source

UPDATE 3 - SEPTEMBER 17TH 2019: Great news! We just got an official confirmation that our device will get Android 10 in March 2020.
    Source

UPDATE 3.1 - OCTOBER 8TH 2019: The P20 lite is removed from the list on source 3. This doesn't mean it won't come, but keep it in mind.

UPDATE 4 - NOVEMBER 7TH 2019: We are getting EMUI 10 in March 2020. You can copy the link into google translate and select Romainian to your own language. Source

UPDATE 5 - NOVEMBER 27TH 2019: Huawei is not releasing Android 10 for the P20 lite. @ZoufalyP thanks for mentioning ;)
    Source

UPDATE 6 - JANUARY 19TH 2020: Some more proof that they won't be releasing it for the P20 lite.
    Source
    Thanks @CristianLN and @Inf1n1te for mentioning :D

UPDATE 7 - JANUARY 21ST 2020: Huawei has officially announced the list of devices getting EMUI 10, with the P20 lite not being listed. If you really want Android 10, you might want to look into custom roms, but know that Huawei's bootloaders are almost impossible to unlock.
    Source

UPDATE 8 - FEBRUARY 10TH 2020: Instead of monthly updates, the P20 lite will now get updates every quarter. This probably means that there will be no EMUI 10 like they said earlier.
    Source

UPDATE 9 - FEBRUARY 13TH 2020: Bad news. Very bad news. The P20 lite won't get any updates anymore, not even security ones. No EMUI 10 for us. I thought all Android phones should get at least 2 years of updates. Huawei's decision might make their current status even worse...
    Source

Ofcourse, the P20 lite isn't €200-€300 like Huawei's previous lite series, it was €400 at launch, so there is a bigger chance of them releasing it for us. I can't confirm anything about this since it's really early and the Android Q hasn't launched a stable version, so take this with a grain of salt.

If you have any questions about EMUI 9.1, please ask them on this thread from @ars_chelsea, there are tons of people helping you there. Here's the link: https://xdaforums.com/huawei-p20-lite/how-to/android-pie-update-status-huawei-t3836567 - Also, please let me know about any updates of EMUI 10 by commenting on the main post or sending me a dm so I can add it to the main post.
    Hi everyone :)

This thread leads to Android Q status ;)

My thread leads to any updates on Android Pie which is already released globally, but "released/launched" means that the OTA's have started to Roll out in phases, on some countries it will be slower and for some Single SIM devices and most of the carrier locked ones will have the pie update a bit later just like any other update they had in the past.

Link to thread:
    https://xdaforums.com/huawei-p20-lite/how-to/android-pie-update-status-huawei-t3836567

If you have doughts about it just come to my thread and discuss it there either with me or with other experienced member :)

Thank you,

AS
    Do you have any source(s) for this?
    When huawei replied to the questions the last one was about P30 PRO NOT GETTIN ANDROID Q and they said

We are confident that our most popular devices, including the P30 series, will be able to access Android Q. We have been working with third parties for many months to ensure devices will be able to receive Android Q updates. Technical preparations and testing has already begun for over 17 devices. In fact our Mate 20 Pro has already been given approval to receive Android Q as and when it is released by Google.

Here is the list of the products we have submitted to upgrade to Android Q

P30 Pro
    P30
    Mate 20
    Mate 20 Pro
    PORSCHE DESIGN Mate 20 RS
    P30 lite
    P smart 2019
    P smart+ 2019
    P smart Z
    Mate 20 X
    Mate 20 X (5G)
    P20 Pro
    P20
    Mate 10 Pro
    PORSCHE DESIGN Mate 10
    Mate 10
    Mate 20 Lite

But 1 year of update support wtf?
    Huawei P20 lite update

Sorry but we must be happy with Emui 9 only :(

twitter. com/HuaweiIndia/status/1197830259074371584
    well honor play is not getting emui 10 because of its hardware (confirmed by them) so... we are not gonna get it probably https://twitter.com/HiHonorIndia/status/1185224908420386816?s=19
    That's a completely different device. But it's better than the P20 lite, so with this I'm assuming the P20 lite won't get it either.