• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

P20 Lite won't turn on anymore, red LED blinking

Search This thread

CristianLN

Aug 20, 2019
Hunedoara
Last Friday (24.09.2021) I changed my phone's battery. I cleaned my phone, somehow some alchool entered in the charging port then I plugged it in like an idiot. Luckly nothing else broke except the charging port so I ordered a new one. The phone was working fine at the time and I could have used it normally, just no charging.

Today I finally got it, switched it, tried to turn it on and it wasn't turning on. I put it to charge, expecting my battery to be just empty, and I see the red LED blinking and the screen wasn't turning on at all. At first I thought that it was just a faulty battery and I tried my old one, same results. I had an old P9 lite lying around so I decided to test my battery and it worked.

I'm worried that somehow I broke it even further and I won't be able to retrive my photos and important files back. Is there any way to fix it?

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Last Friday (24.09.2021) I changed my phone's battery. I cleaned my phone, somehow some alchool entered in the charging port then I plugged it in like an idiot. Luckly nothing else broke except the charging port so I ordered a new one. The phone was working fine at the time and I could have used it normally, just no charging.

Today I finally got it, switched it, tried to turn it on and it wasn't turning on. I put it to charge, expecting my battery to be just empty, and I see the red LED blinking and the screen wasn't turning on at all. At first I thought that it was just a faulty battery and I tried my old one, same results. I had an old P9 lite lying around so I decided to test my battery and it worked.

I'm worried that somehow I broke it even further and I won't be able to retrive my photos and important files back. Is there any way to fix it?
Have you tried it with old charging port?

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
the red LED blinking and the screen wasn't turning on at all.
Probably HW issue (emmc memory dead, damaged motherboard etc.)
to retrive my photos and important files back
I think the only way to save your data is to extract the data from the emmc module and install it on a new motherboard (maybe I'm wrong, I'm not an expert). Ask the service center. But complete motherboard replacement is too expensive if you don't have a phone warranty...

CristianLN

Aug 20, 2019
Hunedoara
Probably HW issue (emmc memory dead, damaged motherboard etc.)

I think the only way to save your data is to extract the data from the emmc module and install it on a new motherboard (maybe I'm wrong, I'm not an expert). Ask the service center. But complete motherboard replacement is too expensive if you don't have a phone warranty...
Ouch. Well thank you for spending your time helping me.