P20 Pro Issues - No Fingerprint Scanner and Now No Fast Charging

Search This thread

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Have your all tried an eRecovery?

Set up afresh and see if fingerprint comes back on initial set up.

Really bad that is happening to so many.

Did you all get the phone around the same time? Could be the batch.

Does indeed sound like hardware.

If you do send it back and you've unlocked your bootloader you will probably lose it.

How crap are Huawei.

armanlfc96

Dec 4, 2018
I've had my phone since July and all of a sudden my fingerprint wasn't working, and my off screen nav button wasn't working. Tried doing a cache partition and a factory reset and still doesn't work. The button is also very hot and can burn a person's hand if place long enough. Anyone know what I should do, warranty is probably not available as it's been nearly 6 months, and my nearest centre is over 100 miles

Aug 3, 2018
I've had my phone since July and all of a sudden my fingerprint wasn't working, and my off screen nav button wasn't working. Tried doing a cache partition and a factory reset and still doesn't work. The button is also very hot and can burn a person's hand if place long enough. Anyone know what I should do, warranty is probably not available as it's been nearly 6 months, and my nearest centre is over 100 miles

Better you go to your nearest service center and check with them.

armanlfc96

Dec 4, 2018
mine now does this, exactly same issues, best ring Huawei tomorrow and see what they say

Problem is I'm busy the whole week I have exams and I'm at school, the helplines are rubbish as they can't respond properly. Hopefully it gets fixed on EMUi 9 but it looks slim, and it's pissing me off. What are you going to do?

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

mine now does this, exactly same issues, best ring Huawei tomorrow and see what they say

The battery life is also very terrible after the heating. I used to charge my phone once in 2 days, now I charge it 3 times in a day, with the same useage

canny3

Dec 1, 2011
I had this same problem, no fingerprint option in the security menu and fingerpint not working at all. I managed to get this working again by removing the back cover and disconnecting the battery for a minute and then reconnecting it. Fingerprint is now working and the options have reappeared in the menu! Obviously, this will void any warranty that you may have, so might not be a good idea for everybody to try! Just wondering if letting your battery run completely flat and left for a few days before charging may have the same effect?

nicoley

Feb 20, 2019
Got the Huawei P20 pro January 24/19. I was forced to do an update last night.. all day today until around 2pm my phone seemed fine. I was doing the talk to text thing and halfway through the text it stopped working... it has only worked off and on since. And now my fingerprint scanner isn't working either. That button or whatever is completely useless and in the settings the fingerprint option is completely gone, and only the face recognition is there. My phone isn't hot at all and the battery just hit 20%. Has anyone had this issue resolved yet??

Tcheko6

Feb 21, 2019
Fingerprint pain

Same thing happened to me couple of weeks ago
on 6 month old P20 pro -
- fingerprint reader not working and running HOT
- no fast charge
- battery drain is epic

I say hardware fault as it has all happened in the middle of the day during normal use
with all automated updates off by default..

Must say that O2 - UK customer service is pathetic refusing to repair under warranty
making up imaginary damages on pristine unmolested phone :mad: ... despair ...
well done O2, 10 phone calls later, store visits and hours wasted back to square one
being suggested to me to have the phone returned and to send out once again to see if it will 'go through'
sorry for the rant - must to vent !

Will post when / if this will get sorted with more info as to what the fault was

Poupps

Feb 22, 2019
Hello ,

Get my Huawei P20 Pro 4 months ago, evrything was alright until this issue happened.

Same issue, except that I have still access to fingerprint parameters (but useless given that my finger is not recognized ...)

But, to add some new elements, when I restart my phone, the home button and fingerprint work well until my phone goes stand-by ....

So, I guess it is an hardware issue and can be corrected by some updates ?

My phone is still under warranty, don't know if it worth it to send it to customer service ...

mozzila04

May 16, 2019
same issues

Hi everyone. Today had same issue, everything was alright till baterry went to lower then 20% , after as usualy putted in pocket and started doing my job, after hour just took it , tried to unlock with fingerprint and noticed that it doesnt work anymore, now noticed that the menu with fingerprint is missing at all. Strange . Very very strange

IMNOTIKE

Oct 12, 2018
Might be update-related

If you installed the latest EMUI9/9.1 update it might be the cause. Have you tried downgrading yet?

Sergiucid

Sep 23, 2019
Hardware defect

Anyone who has this issue after update to EMUI 9.1, the fingerprint will get hot and a dent will appear on it after a while due to thermal overstress. It is not your fault, though Huawei is hiding this issue and your phone will be voided warranty due to external damage they say. We are trying to address this to Huawei but till now no success. Will keep you posted if there is any updates on this.

Top Liked Posts