• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

P30 Lite Memory Card Unexpectedly Removed

Search This thread

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hi, everyone. I got my P30 Lite (MAR-LX1M) 5 days ago, and I'm really loving the device! I do, however, have a bit of a concern that my 64GB SanDisk SD card will be damaged by the device.

Two days ago, I got a SystemUI notification saying "SanDisk memory card unexpectedly removed". I checked my storage, and the SD card was still mounted, so I removed the notification. Today, I got another of those notifications. My SD card worked perfectly in my P10 Lite, and it's just a little over 6 months old.

I'm aware that there were issues with the Mate 20 Lite having SD corruption problems, so I'm really hoping the same isn't happening with my device.

Is this happening to any other P30 Lite users? My software version is 9.0.1.122 (C316E5R1P5).
Screenshot_20190416_085656_com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity.jpg

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xPandamon

Feb 19, 2017
Hi, everyone. I got my P30 Lite (MAR-LX1M) 5 days ago, and I'm really loving the device! I do, however, have a bit of a concern that my 64GB SanDisk SD card will be damaged by the device.

Two days ago, I got a SystemUI notification saying "SanDisk memory card unexpectedly removed". I checked my storage, and the SD card was still mounted, so I removed the notification. Today, I got another of those notifications. My SD card worked perfectly in my P10 Lite, and it's just a little over 6 months old.

I'm aware that there were issues with the Mate 20 Lite having SD corruption problems, so I'm really hoping the same isn't happening with my device.

Is this happening to any other P30 Lite users? My software version is 9.0.1.122 (C316E5R1P5).
View attachment 4743688

Welp, this is the P30 forum :)

We don't even have a microSD slot

Eileen-ning

Apr 23, 2019
"SD card unexpectedly removed” error notification arrived every time when I used my phone. I tried to re-insert and re-mount the SD card, but in vain. So I formatted my SD card with AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. The problem was finally solved. Maybe you can have a try!

Reactions: miz_pimp

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
"SD card unexpectedly removed” error notification arrived every time when I used my phone. I tried to re-insert and re-mount the SD card, but in vain. So I formatted my SD card with AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. The problem was finally solved. Maybe you can have a try!
Thanks, I will definitely give it a shot. Mind telling me which SD card you're using?

I also just got another error, that said my SD card is not compatible, so I needed to format it in the device, even though it was formatted in the device before! It's really the oddest thing!Screenshot_20190423_125520_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Alright, so I just wanted to update the thread, since my issue seems to be resolved.

I did a "chkdsk" in Windows, and then formatted the SD card in my device, and it's been 8 days since I've had any errors! Before, I used to get the error after less than a day, so I'm very optimistic

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Final update: my optimism was short-lived, unfortunately. The same error happened, and my memory card was permanently corrupted. I also tried a 32GB SanDisk memory card, that worked fine, and I got the "unexpectedly ejected" error again. This is definitely an issue with the phone, and now I'm just not using an SD card in my device, because I honestly can't afford to replace my SD cards like this.

I know that Huawei doesn't seem to know why these issues are occurring, and I will not be taking my device to a service centre, until I know for sure that a definite fix has been found.

Declair

Dec 1, 2013
Final update: my optimism was short-lived, unfortunately. The same error happened, and my memory card was permanently corrupted. I also tried a 32GB SanDisk memory card, that worked fine, and I got the "unexpectedly ejected" error again. This is definitely an issue with the phone, and now I'm just not using an SD card in my device, because I honestly can't afford to replace my SD cards like this.

I know that Huawei doesn't seem to know why these issues are occurring, and I will not be taking my device to a service centre, until I know for sure that a definite fix has been found.
delete all huawei apps that aint necessary, problem gone. it started with update that installed new huawei apps.

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
delete all huawei apps that aint necessary, problem gone. it started with update that installed new huawei apps.
I no longer have the device, but just in case someone else has the same issue, which Huawei apps need to be removed?

I had the issue since I started using the device, which was in 2019, so I doubt my issue was related to new Huawei apps.

Declair

Dec 1, 2013
I no longer have the device, but just in case someone else has the same issue, which Huawei apps need to be removed?

I had the issue since I started using the device, which was in 2019, so I doubt my issue was related to new Huawei apps.
petal search, huawei maps, ai search, ai touch and those apps that are redundant to google, literally everything except for huawei appgallery, which i used to delete their apps, ironically.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

View attachment 4743688

Still no p30 lite forum

Hahaha, I didn't even realise! [emoji85] I'm just hoping other P30 Lite users will browse this subforum, until we have our own home [emoji3526]