[P3100] Need help!! BootLoop

Search This thread
Mar 9, 2012
Hey Guys whats up?

I've been playing with my SGT2 P3100 Android 4.1.1 Stock, rooted and tried to change LCD density Using LCD density changer app [I know than many had confirmed that it breaks the phn, but saw that later] and now I am stucked in a bootloop.

Did a build.prop backup but unfortunately I left it in the ph memory. and plus I didn't turned on the USB debugging so ADB is a fail too.

I don't want to Loose my data in my internal storage mounted as sdcard in SGT2.

But still I can Flash ZIP But for that I need a Stock Build.prop .
It would be great if Someone provide me with one.

Also correct me if m wrong.. there is an option to flash zip files in stock recovery... so we can flash the cwm flashable zip with it right?
and also if I flash just the kernel using odin, Will it make my phn out of buildloop with erasing the data?

Edit: Problem is with the app not with Build.prop

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2012
Okie so finally I was able to pull my build.prop using ADB
as by booting into Stock recovery gives me access to adb connectivity even without "USB Debugging"

but I guess the problem is not in the build.prop as it still says LCD_density=240 which should be like that.
so the problem is with the LCD density changer app

Now can anyone Help me to recover me from my bootloop please?

Mar 9, 2012
Okie My tab is now good and running.

what i did is just reflashed the same firmware using odin..
my data didn't wipe

but my phn recovered with its messages, contacts and apps intact. My root was gone but thats not the problem.

Last edited:

jspitnaz

Feb 27, 2013
Thanks for posting this , i have same problem like you , tell me how you retrieve build prop
from adb, what do you do after that, did you copied it back to your device ?
Or you just went straight flashing with stock rom using odin?

Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for posting this , i have same problem like you , tell me how you retrieve build prop

See there are plenty of options that you can use to retrieve your data.
But If only Build.prop is needed and you didn't enabled USB debugging than for shell(root) access via Adb, flash any custom recovery to your tab.
after flashing boot your tab to recovery and then connect your tab to your computer via a USB cable.
ADB root access will be then accessible, try to pull you build.prop now.
another try that fixed my problem is that if you are using SGT2 on stock ROM (remember neither on a custom nor Looked alike ROMs) (rooted or unrooted doesn't matter) then just reflash your stock ROM with same version on your tab, this will reinstall your ROM without interfering with your Data Partition.

Reactions: jspitnaz

jspitnaz

Feb 27, 2013
I was on stock rom jb 412, try to change the it from phablet ui to tablet ui (you know like when the SGT2 was on ICS ) which i hate so much :D so i change my density to 133 from 160
using build.prop editor and install Xposed app. It turn out like you said tab went boot loop with no logo. When i managed to get build prop from adb the i found out nothing was change, seem like the build.prop editor was meesing with file permssion only, tab is already root and density was still 160, so the problem it wasn't build prop. So i went flashing stock with odin and it works :D I also learn Xposed has another module called tablet ui i using it now, work just fine. No need to change build prop. And If we reset it went back to normal phablet ui :good: thanks for the tips ;)

Mar 9, 2012
I was on stock rom jb 412, try to change the it from phablet ui to tablet ui (you know like when the SGT2 was on ICS ) which i hate so much :D so i change my density to 133 from 160
using build.prop editor and install Xposed app. It turn out like you said tab went boot loop with no logo. When i managed to get build prop from adb the i found out nothing was change, seem like the build.prop editor was meesing with file permssion only, tab is already root and density was still 160, so the problem it wasn't build prop. So i went flashing stock with odin and it works :D I also learn Xposed has another module called tablet ui i using it now, work just fine. No need to change build prop. And If we reset it went back to normal phablet ui :good: thanks for the tips ;)

You are welcome ;)

Subhomay

Dec 9, 2014
Kolkata
Hi guys. I flashed the cwm recovery and flashed the CM 12.1 unofficial port to my Samsung galaxy tab P3100. Everything was fine. After 2 months off use. I tried to turn on the camera and suddenly my tab restarted. The every time i want to power it on is shows the Samsung logo then it stuck in a boot loop blinking a black screen continuously until the battery is dead. I cannot o go to the recovery mode. I can only go to the download mode. I need help. The usb debugging is turned off so i cannot connect the tab with my pc in download mode. What to do?

Gloftking

Jun 15, 2014
Hi guys I have yet another crazy issue I am faced with

My Samsung galaxy tab p3110 model has just got the black screen of death after having replaced build.Prop file however I did create a backup of the build. Prop file only its inside the root folder of the tablet at stake. I only seem to have access to Odin mode and I need a way of moving the original built.Prop file back in its place. Does anyone here have any ideas of how I may go about doing this without risking screwing up my tablet further.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

See there are plenty of options that you can use to retrieve your data.
    But If only Build.prop is needed and you didn't enabled USB debugging than for shell(root) access via Adb, flash any custom recovery to your tab.
    after flashing boot your tab to recovery and then connect your tab to your computer via a USB cable.
    ADB root access will be then accessible, try to pull you build.prop now.
    another try that fixed my problem is that if you are using SGT2 on stock ROM (remember neither on a custom nor Looked alike ROMs) (rooted or unrooted doesn't matter) then just reflash your stock ROM with same version on your tab, this will reinstall your ROM without interfering with your Data Partition.