P40 PRO with GMS notifications issues

carbonmanx

Dec 9, 2020
Hi @crotoc

I have a Chinese Mate 30 Pro 5G with Google Services running nice. The issue is, I am not getting push notifications for anything. Is there a method other than hibernating the Google Services Framework with Icebox, and that may have notifications?
Not that I have come accross... And if you hibernate you will lose some other stuff such as Google location services.

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
Not that I have come accross... And if you hibernate you will lose some other stuff such as Google location services.
Yes I know. The Play Store and Google location services are lost. So I would like to know if there is any method to get the push notifications without having to hibernate the services framework. Is there nothing currently alternative?

carbonmanx

Dec 9, 2020
Yes I know. The Play Store and Google location services are lost. So I would like to know if there is any method to get the push notifications without having to hibernate the services framework. Is there nothing currently alternative?
As I say I haven't found anything, I don't think it's possible it's one or the other it seems.

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
As I say I haven't found anything, I don't think it's possible it's one or the other it seems.
And if the issue of the failure at the notifications push is the "Google Services Framework" file, which must be hibernated ... Could some component of that file be modified to get the notifications without losing the Play Store or the services location?

carbonmanx

Dec 9, 2020
And if the issue of the failure at the notifications push is the "Google Services Framework" file, which must be hibernated ... Could some component of that file be modified to get the notifications without losing the Play Store or the services location?
I'm sure it could be patched but not something I know how to do. You would need to stop it doing its checkin but keep the service running somehow. You have given me a couple of ideas however. 😁😁

• Love
Reactions: luisvalino

mumse1

Jan 10, 2013
Tibro
Iam on a P40 Pro with EMUI 11 and i am considering to freeze my GSF..

Just a few questions first...

Do system need to be clean (fresh from a reset) or can one do it with all the app that i have installed?

When i got my p40 pro i used phone clone and was trying to manage without google and quite a few of my apps did complian that they need Google play services to function properly...how will they be affected by having the GSF frozen?
Will to problems come backor will they be fine?

Really would like to get push-notifications working but maybe not to the cost of having many apps not working...

addx972

Mar 19, 2007
Iam on a P40 Pro with EMUI 11 and i am considering to freeze my GSF..

Just a few questions first...

Do system need to be clean (fresh from a reset) or can one do it with all the app that i have installed?

When i got my p40 pro i used phone clone and was trying to manage without google and quite a few of my apps did complian that they need Google play services to function properly...how will they be affected by having the GSF frozen?
Will to problems come backor will they be fine?

Really would like to get push-notifications working but maybe not to the cost of having many apps not working...
1 for frozen no need reset
2 your current applications will work normally even except maybe some application that requires a rental (for me everything is fine)

mumse1

Jan 10, 2013
Tibro
1 for frozen no need reset
2 your current applications will work normally even except maybe some application that requires a rental (for me everything is fine)
Thanks for clearing that up 👍

Another question that came to mind is that according to guide to freeze GSF you should remove your Google account...
Is it then possible to add it back to the phone when icebox is installed and GSF is frozen?

addx972

Mar 19, 2007
Thanks for clearing that up 👍

Another question that came to mind is that according to guide to freeze GSF you should remove your Google account...
Is it then possible to add it back to the phone when icebox is installed and GSF is frozen?
on the guide you must not remove your google account but just the G application and the account app it does not delete the installed account so it will just freeze the GFS
attention you will not be able to unfreeze if you do so you will get error messages so it will have to be frozen again

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011

mumse1

Jan 10, 2013
Tibro
on the guide you must not remove your google account but just the G application and the account app it does not delete the installed account so it will just freeze the GFS
attention you will not be able to unfreeze if you do so you will get error messages so it will have to be frozen again
Thanks for all the help. Gsf in now frozen and push notifications work great (some of my apps needed to be reinstalled for it to work)
My Gmail app notifying me i a sec. after a new mail is recived..
Ill even got the Google app installed again and it seems to work normal..(just use it as default search app in nova luncher).
This must be the best way to get a desent working Google installation on this phone. 👍

I do however have a little problem with Aurora store..
Sometimes when i want to install an app and hit the download button it starts queue the download and after about a sec just stop (download button appears again). Only way to fix this seems to be to force stop + clear cach and data. After that it will download 1-2 apps and then its back to square one again..
Is this a known bug or do i need to change some settings?

addx972

Mar 19, 2007
Thanks for all the help. Gsf in now frozen and push notifications work great (some of my apps needed to be reinstalled for it to work)
My Gmail app notifying me i a sec. after a new mail is recived..
Ill even got the Google app installed again and it seems to work normal..(just use it as default search app in nova luncher).
This must be the best way to get a desent working Google installation on this phone. 👍

I do however have a little problem with Aurora store..
Sometimes when i want to install an app and hit the download button it starts queue the download and after about a sec just stop (download button appears again). Only way to fix this seems to be to force stop + clear cach and data. After that it will download 1-2 apps and then its back to square one again..
Is this a known bug or do i need to change some settings?
yes known bug when he does not want me I wait 30min and I come back to make the updates

Reactions: mumse1