P40 PRO with GMS notifications issues

Search This thread

L0tnik

Nov 1, 2017
Hi everyone.

I'm writing this for everyone having problems with notification from some apps.

Right now I not receive notification from:
1. Twitter - not at all. And I can't go into setting for Push notifications
2. Gmail - that's funny. I receive one notification a day around 8-9PM.
3. Youtube - no notifications
4. LinkedIn - no notfications

And some specific apps for my country like: Inpost and OLX.

Share what's your experience with that. Maybe we will find solution.

simonsteele

Mar 25, 2005
Sandhurst,Berkshire
Hi everyone.

I am the same. Only WhatsApp gets notifications. All others don't work

future3

Sep 4, 2010
I installed GMS just out of curiosity and had the same issue. It seems like one of the Core functionalities of GMS is still incompatible/not working (Firebase). You'd expect WhatsApp to always work as it uses a separate Push service protocol.

Reactions: lumbear

Goronok

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
Yeah, Gmail definitely does not work. =/

I have a hunch this is all tied to using such an old version of google account manager. (v4 is only version that still works)

Last edited:

matik3789

Apr 16, 2020
This problem is because you are not registered in push notification by gms. Youbhave to choose GMS or push notification for this moment.

Reactions: heehee2001hk

el viento

Dec 18, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I wrote that. It was to disable the notification nags you get when you get GMS working - it is not in relation to receiving notifications from apps. I will look into this today though.

Nice work it was a good guide so thanks :). GMS currently running on my P40 pro at the moment no major issues. I did get an error this morning regarding google account services but its gone away and not come back. I also got the autocomplete working on apps just by changing the autofill settings to google and all seems to be working fine (most probably already know this but it may be helpful to some). Only issue i have run into is Netflix is not working with the latest Software update (incompatible device) but I'm sure they will update it soon.

MightyGadget

Apr 17, 2020
Thank you.
Will it work from a memory card or a usb stick is mandatory ?

I have only done it via USB, but it shouldn't make any difference at all, as long as you get LZ Play and the APKs on the phone it should work fine.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Nice work it was a good guide so thanks :). GMS currently running on my P40 pro at the moment no major issues. I did get an error this morning regarding google account services but its gone away and not come back. I also got the autocomplete working on apps just by changing the autofill settings to google and all seems to be working fine (most probably already know this but it may be helpful to some). Only issue i have run into is Netflix is not working with the latest Software update (incompatible device) but I'm sure they will update it soon.

Play store didn't have Netflix for me, I had to install that via APK Pure, but it works fine for me from there, it will only work in SD though.

I have had the occasional random notification that google can't log in my account, but then it carries on working as normal.

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
I wrote that. It was to disable the notification nags you get when you get GMS working - it is not in relation to receiving notifications from apps. I will look into this today though.

Hey mate, thank you for your work. Just a quick question, do you think Huawei can/will patch these methods in the future? I know they don't allow bootloader unlocking, but they could at least continue to allow people to sideload GMS on their phones. I already ordered a P40 Pro though so it's kinda too late now, but I'm just wondering what people think.

Reactions: criispp

MightyGadget

Apr 17, 2020
Hey mate, thank you for your work. Just a quick question, do you think Huawei can/will patch these methods in the future? I know they don't allow bootloader unlocking, but they could at least continue to allow people to sideload GMS on their phones. I already ordered a P40 Pro though so it's kinda too late now, but I'm just wondering what people think.

Good question, but there is no way of knowing for sure. I am sure it is possible this method may stop working in the future, but I doubt Huawei would be the ones to prevent it. The general consensus is that neither Huawei or Google wants to be in this situation, Google obviously earns a lot of money from people using their services and Huawei is likely losing a lot of users by not having Google on their phones. The issue will be if Google has political pressure applied to them to stop these workarounds. I don't imagine it is that hard to blacklist devices, or maybe anything running a specific chipset.

Reactions: jericho246

jbreaz

Oct 21, 2009

I hope you get this figured out!! Thank you for all you do loving my p40 pro minus certain apps not getting notifications

matik3789

Apr 16, 2020

Just dowlonad netflix version 4.16.1 and all will be great :)

MajestyZ

May 24, 2012
Good question, but there is no way of knowing for sure. I am sure it is possible this method may stop working in the future, but I doubt Huawei would be the ones to prevent it. The general consensus is that neither Huawei or Google wants to be in this situation, Google obviously earns a lot of money from people using their services and Huawei is likely losing a lot of users by not having Google on their phones. The issue will be if Google has political pressure applied to them to stop these workarounds. I don't imagine it is that hard to blacklist devices, or maybe anything running a specific chipset.
Well let's hope they keep it working like this indeed :).

Another question @MightyGadget, what do you think of the security implications using this method, considering the modded apps that are being used etc.? Is it safe to use as a daily driver with all kinds of personal stuff on it?

Al3xxxinho

Jun 19, 2008
Craiova
With all due respect, what can happen? Who cares about what you and I do on our phones?

Well, aside from installing some apps that might be stealing your credit card details and username/passwords for other apps there is nothing else really ...

I was too tempted to buy the P40 pro after previously owning the P30 pro, but the lack of google services made me change my mind. It's a brilliant phone, sadly.

xnostra

Oct 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Well, aside from installing some apps that might be stealing your credit card details and username/passwords for other apps there is nothing else really ...

I was too tempted to buy the P40 pro after previously owning the P30 pro, but the lack of google services made me change my mind. It's a brilliant phone, sadly.

if you really thinking about seucirty or privacy you wont be using google at all that just doesnt mix. im sure google knows more about you than your parents at the moment.
2nd are you not using 2fa for your bank or your accounts? im sure even somebody tries to login your account with 2fa enabled they have like 0.1% they can access it and make payments for you.

Al3xxxinho

Jun 19, 2008
Craiova
Well, I'm not refering to google, because yes, they know more about me than myself, but when you install the chinese google play services you really don't know what else you are installing. A keylogger would be a fine alternative to steal all your data ... Just a thought.

Reactions: MajestyZ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working Push Notifications

Here is a Guide how Push Notification are Working on a P40 Pro!

First you have to decide what is more important to you, either Push Notification or the PlayStore.
    Both together do not work at the Moment.

I myself live without the PlayStore and use the AuroraStore instead.

So here is everything I did to make the Push Notifications work:

The requirement for Push Notification to work, is a Working PlayStore without Error Pop-ups.
    If you have that, then you can skip this step.

Step 1:
    For Install Google Play Services I used this video and the files attached (I tried several files/video/tutorials, but this one worked every time):
    The video is in spanish? but it doesn’t matter, just follow the shown steps.
    Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_5ZKHvCyS8
    Files from the Video: https://mega.nz/file/6dwiUSpI#SZeYsm6BQHJqrxga4bPXtJJhqUzAVS73Ux_a8xXyYqc

Getting Push Notificaion to work:
    Step 2:
    All required files are in the zip.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/12dcTEoSDwsZJk1Dero4rKnoPbZokGUpB/view?usp=sharing

1. If everything went well, there are no errors and the market is working. Download Ice Box (developed by Ruoxin He) from the PlayStore. (Or use the one inside the Zip)
    2. Delete the Applications "G", Google Accounts, Device Info.
    3. Install Minimal ADB on PC
    4. HiSuit must be installed on the PC. You can download it from the official site. https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/hisuite/
    5. Launch IceBox
    6. Click 2 times on the arrow in the lower right corner
    7. In the proposed list, select line 3 "Simple ADB"
    8. We connect the Phone to the PC where Minimal ADB and HiSuit are already installed.
    9. Choose "data transfer" on the Popup on your Phone.
    10. Go Settings - About the phone - click on the build number 5 times - see the message You have become a developer.
    11. Next we go settings - System and updates - For developers, search for "USB Debugging" and turn it on. ATTENTION! Hisuit started on the computer and a code appears on the phone, just minimize the window that opens.
    12. On your Phone allow the debugging connection in the popup window.
    13. Launch IceBox again.
    14. Launch Minimal ADB on the PC.
    15. At the command prompt, enter: adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/com.catchingnow.icebox/files/start.sh
    Press Enter. "Success" should appear, if not, then you did something wrong.
    16. In IceBox, double-click on the arrow, then select line 3 "Simple ADB"
    17. Click "GOT IT", then go to the SYSTEM tab on top. On the Pop up a warning click "GOT IT". Then tap in the right upper corner on the Search Icon. Search for "FRAME". Select the Google Services Framework, click Frost in the menu below. Close the application, reboot the device.
    18. After the restart install the AuroraStore.apk oder download it from the official site: https://auroraoss.com/
    19. Launch AuroraStore and at startup, be sure to select an anonymous account!
    20. Search for "Push Notification Tester" and install it.
    21. Launch "Push Notification Tester" and press on Start. It should look like this:
    22. If "Register for Push Notification" has a red X, then go into Settings -> Apps -> Search for "google" -> Show System Apps -> Select "Google Service Framework" and hit "Activate".
    23. Launch "Push Notification Tester" again and press on Start. If it looks like the picture above, then repeat Step 13. - 18.

24. After restart Launch "Push Notification Tester" and press on Start it should still look like the picture above.

Congratulations you have working Push Notifications.
    If you open now the PlayStore , you will get a connection error.
    The error will remain as long as "Google Service Framework" is frozen by IceBox.

As mentioned at the beginning. Only the Playstore or the Push Notification can work. Not both together!

Thanks for reading. Hope i could help someone.
    Seems like some have got it working, see here:

if you really thinking about seucirty or privacy you wont be using google at all that just doesnt mix. im sure google knows more about you than your parents at the moment.
    2nd are you not using 2fa for your bank or your accounts? im sure even somebody tries to login your account with 2fa enabled they have like 0.1% they can access it and make payments for you.
    Hi everyone.

is autosync issue the source ?

Hi guys

Also installed GMS on my p40 Pro using this method : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYOU_YxrHhc

Everything worked fine, no error notifications (Google Sign in or Play Store), then did my Phone Clone to restore all my apps from former phone. And then few hours later, sign in and Play Store notifications erros went back. Eveything works fine on my phone except some notifications. Also I didn't deactivate error notification from google as they are poping up only few times a day (2/3 times).

But I'm not receiving notfication from Gmail or Youtub, also Discord and reddit.
    Also for Whatsapp, if app is not opened in background I may not receive notifications.
    EDIT : forgot to mention that notifications from Google Agenda works at least

Except that all is great !

Then I also noticed that on Settings > Users & accounts > Google, there is an issue with auto sync of all services, but when you trigger it manually for all services, then it triggers all Gmail notifications you missed out for example. But still no notifications for others apps mentioned above.
    So I was thinking I could add a 3rd party app to force sync, and actually someone posted a solution to that on the forum (https://xdaforums.com/huawei-p40-pro/help/huawei-p40-pro-gms-poor-google-account-t4086183) but finally it doesn't work for me and it doesn' trigger Gmail notifications as I thought it would be...so i'm stuck here at the moment and I'm impatient to find a complete fix for that or a new 100% perfect method to install GMS.

Cheers