• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[P5100][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

orion2323

May 4, 2012
I tried this recovery with my P5113 and couldn't get it to work
My tablet would reboot normally even after unchecking automatically reboot

Went with TWRP and it worked the 1st time around

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.19.6
fIZ2PPLh
@ketut.kumajaya :)

Last edited:

skylinekiller

May 28, 2011
Philz_touch link P5100 - P5110 - P5113

I see the I need the P5113, but when i click on the link, I only see P5110. Do I use P5110 or am I looking in the wrong spot?

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Since many requests to port it to P5100, here it is released

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just slide left

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:

Rouffian

Aug 14, 2020
Any chance of a re-up?

Hi Phil,

I am pretty much stuffed with my GT-P-5100 and was hoping (but not confident) that your CWM version could help. Is there any way I can re-find it? I know it was a long time ago, but so was the GT-P5100.

Cheers,

Rouffian

jimmer1

Feb 9, 2018
how do i know what year is it tho and what does this even mean:
" The new "Common TWRP" won't be able to flash Roms compiled before 22.03.2016. For Roms compiled since 24.09.2016 it's recommend to use TWRP 3.0.2-6 or newer. "
it means that if its older than 22.03.2016, then i should use Twrp 3.0.2-5 or older?

and can i mount it from the recovery mode then and it has somekind of screen lock removal app in there, so that i wont lose any data on the device?

Last edited:

jimmer1

Feb 9, 2018
ok, but does it overwrite anything or i can keep all of the old data too somehow?
it basically only says that 'signature verification failed' and then just reboots...

Last edited:

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
ok, but does it overwrite anything or i can keep all of the old data too somehow?
it basically only says that 'signature verification failed' and then just reboots...
Installing custom recovery does not wipe any data but if you are gonna flash a custom rom, make a backup of all the data in your Tab 2 (if you have anything important like photos, files, contacts, etc.) to another device like pc, hard disk.

Top Liked Posts