[P5100][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Since many requests to port it to P5100, here it is released

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just slide left

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:

Last edited:

aashayjardosh

Jul 14, 2011
Surat
Philz you beauty! Welcome to the P5100 land! Finally something to look forward to in this otherwise zzzz P5100 forum. I was really planning to sell off this tablet due to the lack of top notch recoveries and kernels. Now I have eternal hope because Philz our saviour is here!

People, you just have to try his Kernels. He is a legend! Just check out the Note N7000 forums if you want to check out his fabulous work and fan following ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil3759

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
About touch:

1- when you touch a menu to select: is the selection precise and working as expected
2- bottom virtual buttons: do they work as expected?
3- If it is slow, try to reduce the Scroll Sensitivity setting and reduce menu height. Play with both to find a sweet point¨

Try to describe what happens with precision. A video would even be better, so that I can get what you mean. I won't be able to help much as I do not have the device, without these

aashayjardosh

Jul 14, 2011
Surat
Here are the screenshots. The touch works perfect. There's no lag whatsoever. The bottom navigation buttons work as they should. Hopefully we'll be gifted with a Kernel soon ;)

Attachments

• cwm_screen001.jpg
    cwm_screen001.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 8,848
  • cwm_screen002.jpg
    cwm_screen002.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 7,699
  • cwm_screen003.jpg
    cwm_screen003.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 7,401

wd5gnr

Dec 20, 2010
Houston
This works great on my 5113. The Aroma file manager seems really useful. I wasn't totally sure how to set it up so I'll write the steps here in case anyone else is wondering.

I downloaded the zip from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646108

You can "install" the zip file from recovery which really just runs the file manager. It doesn't really install anything. When you exit you go back to recovery.

However, if you want to use it from inside PhilZ's recovery do this:

1. Go to /sdcard/clockworkmod
  2. Create a directory called .aromafm
  3. Copy the zip file you downloaded into that directory
  4. Change the name of the zip file to aromafm.zip

Now you can use the Aroma FM menu item from the recovery to launch the file manager. The first time you run it from a new location you get the "help" overlay screen. I did the above steps in the file manager itself. Pretty cool. And having a terminal from inside recovery is great when you need to fix something and aren't at home.

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Here are the screenshots. The touch works perfect. There's no lag whatsoever. The bottom navigation buttons work as they should. Hopefully we'll be gifted with a Kernel soon ;)

Big thanks for the screen shots. At least I can see how the display is looking
I decided on purpose to not enlarge the bottom buttons as I thought it would be harder to use them if spread along all the width. Is it ok?
As for menu toggle options not being completely right aligned, it is a limitation in current stock CWM, and I feel no need to increase the buffer to make it right align

This works great on my 5113. The Aroma file manager seems really useful. I wasn't totally sure how to set it up so I'll write the steps here in case anyone else is wondering.

I downloaded the zip from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646108

You can "install" the zip file from recovery which really just runs the file manager. It doesn't really install anything. When you exit you go back to recovery.

However, if you want to use it from inside PhilZ's recovery do this:

1. Go to /sdcard/clockworkmod
  2. Create a directory called .aromafm
  3. Copy the zip file you downloaded into that directory
  4. Change the name of the zip file to aromafm.zip

Now you can use the Aroma FM menu item from the recovery to launch the file manager. The first time you run it from a new location you get the "help" overlay screen. I did the above steps in the file manager itself. Pretty cool. And having a terminal from inside recovery is great when you need to fix something and aren't at home.

Yes, but you can also just double tap outside menu area, and it will launch aroma

aashayjardosh

Jul 14, 2011
Surat
yes, sure
So, for p5100, you confirm that touch works as expected? Even the double tap and other shortcuts I guess

Yes, the touch works perfect. Flashed 2-3 ROM's just for fun for testing it. The double tap and other shortcuts (the ones i checked) are all cool.
And yes the bottom navigation buttons are also good at this size. Infact they're perfect for the wider screen. Cheers!

wd5gnr

Dec 20, 2010
Houston
Yes, all work great.

Actually, I may have found a problem related to the 5113. I have installed some kernels through this recovery but when I went to install the latest CM nightly I get an assert failure where it is looking for p5110 or p5113. I've installed many of these in the past. I may revert to old CWM and see if it works, but I feel it must be related to this recovery, perhaps because it doesn't know I have a 5113?

Update: Reverting to normal stock worked.

Last edited:

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Actually, I may have found a problem related to the 5113. I have installed some kernels through this recovery but when I went to install the latest CM nightly I get an assert failure where it is looking for p5110 or p5113. I've installed many of these in the past. I may revert to old CWM and see if it works, but I feel it must be related to this recovery, perhaps because it doesn't know I have a 5113?

Update: Reverting to normal stock worked.

Just delete the assert line from your updater-script file in zip
For other variants, follow instructions and i will release for your phone
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
Yeah I have done that before for other reasons. Just thought I'd mention it.
CM ROMs have an extra safety check which cant be avoided by deleting assert prop lines in updater script.
It's under META-INF\com\android\metadata

With N7000 it shows this - "post-build=samsung/GT-N7000/GT-N7000:4.0.3/IML74K/ZCLP6:user/release-keys
post-timestamp=1364279894
pre-device=GT-N7000

Last edited:

brolee93

Jan 1, 2009
XDA city
PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

Since many requests to port it to P5100, here it is the first release, untested by me

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

I would appreciate a screen shot from your device, mainly under GUI options or custom backup menu where you select partitions
To take a screen shot, just slide left

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download: Flash at your own risk, this is a first release, untested
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bj7vnfal8ca8h4q/philz_touch_4.90.8-p5100.tar.md5
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mc71ezq8eg6oqo8/philz_touch_4.90.8-p5100.zip
Great my bro but it possible to make for Tab 2 gt-p5110 pleassssseeeeeee.
thanks for your hard work

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
The one for 5100 doesn't work? There are no big diff, recovery wise

brolee93

Jan 1, 2009
XDA city
The one for 5100 doesn't work? There are no big diff, recovery wise

ok i test tonight and reply here ok philz ?

you think i can use my custom res of my note 2 with your recovery ? (with my config of your recovery for have fonts ustom background red etc etc same as your recovery note 2?)

Last edited:

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
ok i test tonight and reply here ok philz ?

you think i can use my custom res of my note 2 with your recovery ? (with my config of your recovery for have fonts ustom background red etc etc same as your recovery note 2?)

Just ensure the resolution, since it is inverted. Let me know and eventually post a screen shot

By the way, since you have a note 2. Can you let me know your opinion about touch difference between note 2 and this one?
Also, if you post a recent recovery.img from sammobile.com, i will repack for p5110 if needed

Top Liked Posts