P5110 youtube only?

Search This thread

slybunda

May 6, 2010
Youtube is dead now on this tablet keeps asking to update and no updates available.
Need newer android version i guess.
What options do i have?

KappaTheCapper

May 2, 2020
Youtube is dead now on this tablet keeps asking to update and no updates available.
Need newer android version i guess.
What options do i have?
If you are using the stock rom then yeah that could be the case. If not then you might want to reinstall your custom rom or youtube itself. alternately if reinstalling both did not fix it you can still use youtube via a browser and directly go to the youtube website.

slybunda

May 6, 2010
yes stock rom. youtube works in browser but is really slow. need app based version since tablet is now with my dad. need to get newer rom on it so it can run something like livenettv.

slybunda

May 6, 2010
managed to sort this. youtube vanced v13.50 is working fine.
i thought this tablet was running kitkat 4.4.2 but turns out its jelly bean 4.2.2. thats why iv been getting the wrong apps that dont install on it.
vanced 13.50 runs considerably better than newpipe which doesnt even load up some episodes.
now if only livenettv would work then i wouldnt need to mess about this tablet anymore.

slybunda

May 6, 2010
That didnt last long. Got issue with youtube vanced now. Error 400. Looks like im gonna have to get a newer android build on this tablet.
Anyone know whats best for my needs? Need android 6 or newer depending on whats more stable. Tablet is only to be used for YouTube and if possible livenettv.

slybunda

May 6, 2010
this is now sorted again lol.
iv flashed twrp then flashed the omni 6.01 rom. no gapps installed and its doing both youtube vanced and livenettv perfect. far faster than before too.
looks like iv got life back in this tablet.

incase anyone wants to know. its a very simple process.
used latest odin and flashed twrp 2.8.5 then had a sd card with the omni6.0.1 rom and twrp3.1.1.0.
once odin flashes trwp 2.8.5, booted to twrp recovery and updated it to the 3.1.1.0 version using img file.
rebooted back to recovery, flashed the omni rom. rebooted again and it went straight into android.
setup wifi and installed youtube vanced and livenettv from sd card apk files and job done.

IcemanSR

Jun 4, 2012
Sombor
this is now sorted again lol.
iv flashed twrp then flashed the omni 6.01 rom. no gapps installed and its doing both youtube vanced and livenettv perfect. far faster than before too.
looks like iv got life back in this tablet.

incase anyone wants to know. its a very simple process.
used latest odin and flashed twrp 2.8.5 then had a sd card with the omni6.0.1 rom and twrp3.1.1.0.
once odin flashes trwp 2.8.5, booted to twrp recovery and updated it to the 3.1.1.0 version using img file.
rebooted back to recovery, flashed the omni rom. rebooted again and it went straight into android.
setup wifi and installed youtube vanced and livenettv from sd card apk files and job done.
Do you have links?