• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[P51xx]13.0-12.1 DOLBY SOUND + DOLBY SOUND PLUS + VIPER4ANDROID + SONY WALKMAN & MORE

Search This thread

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
[P51xx]13.0-12.1 DOLBY SOUND + DOLBY SOUND PLUS + VIPER4ANDROID + SONY WALKMAN & MORE

sam1.png

This is Not a Complete Rom thread, rather it's an addition for your P51xx Lollipop based roms running cm12.1, Omnirom, SlimLP, Candy5 and other 5.1.1 Rom. (Except Stock)
For CM13.0 and more updates Head over
Herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65046899&postcount=11

FEATURES:

Sony Walkman 9.1.3.A.0.0
Boeffla sound tweaks.
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby Mobile
Viper4Android
SRS Audio
SRS Tru Bass
Beats Audio Libs
xLoud
Surround Sound
build.prop media tweaks
Resampling quality = 255
sforce engine parts

Bugs
I tested this on my p5100 and there were none, sound is definitely better than before, plus I didn't find it too loud that could damage the device, but can't say that for the ears. If there is any bug in your case, please report.

SCREENSHOTS

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Flash this with TWRP Should work with other recoveries as well
2. Wipe cache/dalvik or app data if encounter any problem.
Note: Flashing this Mod will delete the AudioFX app. in case you have DSP manager, you will have to delete it yourself.

DOWNLOAD

Older release on 31.12.2015
P51xx-Walkman-Dolby-Plus
Newer ones in the post 2 below
and post 11 on the second page
Sorry for so many links and updates everywhere, when I started this, I never thought, I would be able to deliver more. thanks to all of you guys

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

========================================================
Bravia Engine v4 - X-Reality Engine v4
========================================================​

If You want Bravia Engine to increase the Quality of your Images and Videos.

Update:- I was testing this and noticed battery drain little faster than it used to, plus there is very little or any visible effect(as far as my eyes are concerned, it can't differentiate nicely :cyclops: ). Maybe It's because I've tested this on a modified Candy 5 Rom which already looks pretty decent. So, I am a bit confused myself :confused:
anyways If you guys still want to try this out like me, you can go ahead, there is also a uninstaller zip so any changes made can be reversed.

Head Over to this Post

thanks to this guy Plamb1r

Credits to everyone except me
Shivam Kumar Jha
ACID! Audio Devs
ViPER520 for Viper4android
Official Website for Viper4android
RizalLovins
ibanez7
App Devs
All those groovy people you Rock.
Sony
Samsung and
Special Thanks to all those who have helped this device reach where it is today.

@Android-Andi
@Markox89
@CCD
and all the lovely people of XDA community for Helping me and loving this device and my thread here ;)
@Azuruw
@champ1919
@Russiamen
@Long Island NOOBIE

Intermediate
billysam

Created 2015-12-31
Updated 2016-01-01

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-29-00-19-03.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-29-00-19-03.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 20,829
  • Screenshot_2015-12-29-00-20-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-29-00-20-46.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 20,695
  • Screenshot_2015-12-29-03-12-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-29-03-12-36.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 20,649
  • Screenshot_2015-12-29-03-12-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-29-03-12-53.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 20,359
  • Screenshot_2015-12-29-03-13-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-29-03-13-02.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 20,338
Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
P51xx 5.1 Sound Mod and tweaks

The latest update so far from my side as on 01.03.2016, I have took so much time, because I wanted this to be the best from all the previous mods I have posted. hope you all like it.

*Most recent Features update*
Latest Sony Walkman 9.1.5.A.1.2beta
Boeffla sound tweaks.
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby Mobile
Viper4Android 4.6
SRS Audio
ALSA Sound
SRS Tru Bass
Sony Beats Audio Libs
XLoud
Surround Sound
sforce engine parts
Better Visuals and Picture Quality.
Better Battery and Performance
Optimized Sound Volumes from Low, Medium and Maximum values
Better and faster Video/Audio Streaming and
Some Speed tweaks.
Everything else that you could find.​

The Mod is available for Download now for specific devices, you should flash accordingly. this will not be universal flash-able zip mod, so don't try to flash this on different device, your sound will be messed up completely.

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Flash with TWRP Should work with other recoveries as well (excluding TWRP 2.7.3)
Note: Flashing this Mod will delete the AudioFX or DSP manager app and
Will update Sony walkman to the latest 9.1.5.A.1.2beta and viper4android to the latest versions
please try clean flash
in case there are any problems with users who dirty flash on my previous first and second update. please report.​

P5100 users running CM12.1(tested) (Omni,Candy,SlimLP,Bliss)

Low Sound Mod
This particular mod aims for those users who likes to use headphones and listen music with volume never reaching a high decibel, but still boom boom music. although Tab Speakers are exempted from the low sound bug and beats better.
Download P5100 P5100Mod_update01032016_low
Download P511x P511xMod_update01032016_low

Medium Sound Mod
This is the best Optimized Mod I have set aiming for most of the users. average to loud volumes, both the speakers and headphone shouldn't reach insanely loud, unless you try to.
Download P5100 P5100Mod_update01032016_med
Download P511x P511xMod_update01032016_med

Max Sound Mod
Well, I don't recommend it, seriously, it's way too loud and might damage something, if you don't keep it tamed.
Download P5100 P5100Mod_update01032016_max
Download P511x P511xMod_update01032016_max

Tab result after flashing this mod
  • Device normal sound without even setting up the effects was better than the Original.
  • With just Dolby Sound turned on the Music Got even better and louder on the speaker.
  • With Dolby Digital Plus enabled I Could set up different Preset modes,
  • Headphones have volumes leveled set up nicely, the lowest one didn't reached loud enough to cause pain even at max volume.
  • medium was set perfect for my need and for the most of the audience as well alike.
  • Max is set for insanely cool music lovers that's the farthest I could take it just for test. it didn't blow up my speakers or headphone, it did blow my ears though. don't blame me if you blow up in your case. I cannot guarantee that this will not harm. so do it on your risk. still have the headache. lol
  • Although for enjoying Viper4android, I would suggest you turn off Dolby first, or you will get Disoriented Music effects.
  • this mod will disable the visualizer that you get on lock screen while playing song, that drains the battery and I applied the battery saving tweaks, so don't ask me for that, flash first and second update on the 2nd page of this thread.
  • overall better screen and images, faster video streaming and booting time. that's all I could test, rest please find out

update on 01.03.2016

Last edited:

Long Island NOOBIE

Apr 28, 2014
P5113

Flashed the zip via TWRP on SlimLP and working very nicely. Only issue is with Dolby Digital Plus. When attempting to open app message appears: "Unfortunately, Dolby Digital Plus has stopped." Thank you, sir!

Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Flashed the zip via TWRP on SlimLP and working very nicely. Only issue is with Dolby Digital Plus. When attempting to open app message appears: "Unfortunately, Dolby Digital Plus has stopped." Thank you, sir!

Hmm, now why would Dolby Digital Plus do something like that on p5113? in my p5100, it starts running the moment I put on my earphones in the jack and I can access it from the notifactions drawer.

tried clear dolby digital plus app data? wipe cache/dalvik?

Long Island NOOBIE

Apr 28, 2014
P5113

Hmm, now why would Dolby Digital Plus do something like that on p5113? in my p5100, it starts running the moment I put on my earphones in the jack and I can access it from the notifactions drawer.

tried clear dolby digital plus app data? wipe cache/dalvik?

All good now! Thanks for the trouble shooting suggestion. Happy New Year!!

Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
A very nice gift for the new year,a job well done,the sound Fantastic ,I will soon lay out an overview)))Thank you
P.s It remains to develop a custom kernel and it will be awesom
P5110)

It's nothing compared to what I got here, thanks to each one of you and have a fantastic new year. this community has been special and I'm just glad to be a part of this.

regarding a custom kernel, I am not capable of doing that as of now. If our wonderful devs are ready to do something about this. please, you're most welcome. :)

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
CM13.0 Viper4Android + Dolby Sound + Sony Walkman

All Compatible LP and MM mods posted Here. these will work across CM 12.0 to CM13.0 including OMNI, SLIM, CANDY, BLISS

Screenshots
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Note: These flashable zip file will delete/replace your stock music app with sony walkman and stock audiofx app with dolby and viper4android. No data other than this is lost while flashing this on your tab.

Instructions
1. Flash zip file using custom recovery
2. Clear cache/dalvik
3. Reboot

Download

First Release on 30.01.2016

viper4android 4.5.2
Sony walkman 9.1.3.A.0.0
Dolby Sound
Dolby Sound UI
Beats DD Audio

First Release (flashable error fixed)

Second Release on 22.02.2016

Viper4android 4.6 (updated)
Sony Walkman 9.1.5.A.1.1beta (updated)
Dolby Sound
Dolby Sound UI
Beats DD Audio
build.prop Performance tweaks

Second Release (updated)
(Note for those who are already using First Release can dirty flash second release as well.)

JUp1kt8fLQ.png

***Third Release as on 03.03.2016(completed on 02.03.2016)***
Compatible on All LP(12.1) and MM(13.0) CM based Roms No worries, Rom Flashers

**NEW** Dolby Digital Plus (Preset Headphone mode)
Sony Walkman 9.1.5.A.1.2beta (updated)
Dolby Sound (tweaked)
Dolby Sound UI (tweaked)
SRS sound, ALSA, Xloud and Clearbass (merged)
More build.prop tweaks from Optimization to Maximization with Buttery Smooth and Speedy Performance.
Better battery life.

Viper4android 4.6 (same as second update)
Beats DD Audio (same as second update)

Quiet and peacefull
(the best combination with loudest of beats on the lowest of Volumes.(Never Goes to the Point where it hurts your ears)
Download for p511x - P511x5.1&6.0_Mod02032016_low
Download for p5100 -P51005.1&6.0_Mod02032016_low

Loud and clear.
Volume doesn't go beyond the exploding level. Yes it does at some point, in case you know how to ;)
Download for P511x - P511x5.1&6.0_Mod02032016_med
Download for P5100 - P51005.1&6.0_Mod02032016_med

SuperSonic Boombastic Max
For those who wants to see and show people what their device is really made of.
Download for P511x -P511x5.1&6.0_Mod02032016_max
Download for P5100 -P51005.1&6.0_Mod02032016_max

These are device specific mods, not to be flashed on other than the devices mentioned above. You can always dirty flash to change from low to max, so you can try all three modes without have to worry of flashing Rom all over again, the script modifies system files accordingly.

Extra Sound Mod

Can be used with any viper4android
Sony IRS Pro for Viper4android Convolver
Sony Xperia ClearAudio+.irs
Sony Xperia Clearbass.irs
Sony Xperia VPT 1.Studio.irs
Sony Xperia VPT 2.Club.irs
Sony Xperia VPT 3.Concert Hall.irs

Download the Sony IRS Pro rar

Instructions
Download the rar file, put it on your device, internal or external card.
Extract the files, Copy/Move
Browse to the folder viper4android/ kernel, (its generally on your internal card) paste it.
Enable from the Viper4android menu

More Info
Created on 30.01.2016
Updated on 03.03.2016

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160130-003735.png
    Screenshot_20160130-003735.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 21,375
  • Screenshot_20160130-003723.png
    Screenshot_20160130-003723.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 21,347
  • Screenshot_20160130-003702.jpg
    Screenshot_20160130-003702.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 20,759
  • Screenshot_20160130-003638.jpg
    Screenshot_20160130-003638.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 20,641
Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
There is error when installing on new TWRP 2.8.7.3 on P5100 :(
JHEOtxd.jpg

I flashed it on my p5100 on twrp 2.8.7.2, which was successful, I still haven't tested with the latest twrp, @Android-Andi did said that older rom zip won't be able to flash on the latest one. So the same rule must be applied here as well. Will see what needs to be changed in the updater script once I get to my pc and tab.

Reactions: Azuruw and Uri0550

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
TWRP 2.8.7.2 on P5110, fails to flash on CM13 :(
worked fine on CM12.1

Recently had been working and checking this on both twrp 2.7.2 and 2.7.3 recoveries, had strange results, So I am still not sure whats wrong with this.
I tried apply the getprop("ro.product.device") == "espresso" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "espresso" || fix with it, tried all kinds of other options that should have worked on cm13 with twrp 2.7.3. but it didn't

but then this same happened with me too

Worked for me on 5113 with the latest nightly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, it worked with latest nightly on twrp 2.7.3 as well without applying any of my fix, on which I spend my whole night trying to figure where I am going wrong.

So, Seriously I don't know right now, there is twrp 3.0 released and @Android-Andi is also working on unified recoveries too. which one to keep :confused:

I will test again when things get a little bit clearer and settled. until then please keep sharing your results.

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Status 6 in recovery(installed in blissmallow)

t.w.r.p 2.7.2? tried on twrp 2.7.3? I say blissmallow thread, it was mentioned on philz recovery rom flashed successfully. one of them should be able to get thru. I still haven't tried blissmallow, p5100 release is still not out yet. but soon, I will try too and give you update. android-andi is busy fixing things too with the recovery, I too want the recovery issues to be resolved soon.

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Can I install this in z2?

You can? Can you?
Honestly speaking, I don't have a sony device so don't know if this will work on your Sony z2, but if you are on cm12.1 or cm13.0 based roms. you can take a nandroid backup and flash it. in case anything goes wrong with the device's sound. you can switch back. only try this, if you're comfortable with experimenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azuruw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sam1.png

This is Not a Complete Rom thread, rather it's an addition for your P51xx Lollipop based roms running cm12.1, Omnirom, SlimLP, Candy5 and other 5.1.1 Rom. (Except Stock)
    For CM13.0 and more updates Head over
    Herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65046899&postcount=11

FEATURES:

Sony Walkman 9.1.3.A.0.0
    Boeffla sound tweaks.
    Dolby Digital Plus
    Dolby Mobile
    Viper4Android
    SRS Audio
    SRS Tru Bass
    Beats Audio Libs
    xLoud
    Surround Sound
    build.prop media tweaks
    Resampling quality = 255
    sforce engine parts

Bugs
    I tested this on my p5100 and there were none, sound is definitely better than before, plus I didn't find it too loud that could damage the device, but can't say that for the ears. If there is any bug in your case, please report.

SCREENSHOTS

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Flash this with TWRP Should work with other recoveries as well
    Note: Flashing this Mod will delete the AudioFX app. in case you have DSP manager, you will have to delete it yourself.

DOWNLOAD

Older release on 31.12.2015
    P51xx-Walkman-Dolby-Plus
    Newer ones in the post 2 below
    and post 11 on the second page
    Sorry for so many links and updates everywhere, when I started this, I never thought, I would be able to deliver more. thanks to all of you guys

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

========================================================
    Bravia Engine v4 - X-Reality Engine v4
    ========================================================​

If You want Bravia Engine to increase the Quality of your Images and Videos.

Update:- I was testing this and noticed battery drain little faster than it used to, plus there is very little or any visible effect(as far as my eyes are concerned, it can't differentiate nicely :cyclops: ). Maybe It's because I've tested this on a modified Candy 5 Rom which already looks pretty decent. So, I am a bit confused myself :confused:
    anyways If you guys still want to try this out like me, you can go ahead, there is also a uninstaller zip so any changes made can be reversed.

Head Over to this Post

thanks to this guy Plamb1r

Credits to everyone except me
    Shivam Kumar Jha
    ACID! Audio Devs
    ViPER520 for Viper4android
    Official Website for Viper4android
    RizalLovins
    ibanez7
    App Devs
    All those groovy people you Rock.
    Sony
    Samsung and
    Special Thanks to all those who have helped this device reach where it is today.

@Android-Andi
    @Markox89
    @CCD
    and all the lovely people of XDA community for Helping me and loving this device and my thread here ;)
    @Azuruw
    @champ1919
    @Russiamen
    @Long Island NOOBIE

Intermediate
    billysam

Created 2015-12-31
    Updated 2016-01-01
    CM13.0 Viper4Android + Dolby Sound + Sony Walkman

All Compatible LP and MM mods posted Here. these will work across CM 12.0 to CM13.0 including OMNI, SLIM, CANDY, BLISS

Screenshots
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Note: These flashable zip file will delete/replace your stock music app with sony walkman and stock audiofx app with dolby and viper4android. No data other than this is lost while flashing this on your tab.

Instructions
    1. Flash zip file using custom recovery
    2. Clear cache/dalvik
    3. Reboot

Download

First Release on 30.01.2016

viper4android 4.5.2
    Sony walkman 9.1.3.A.0.0
    Dolby Sound
    Dolby Sound UI
    Beats DD Audio

First Release (flashable error fixed)

Second Release on 22.02.2016

Viper4android 4.6 (updated)
    Sony Walkman 9.1.5.A.1.1beta (updated)
    Dolby Sound
    Dolby Sound UI
    Beats DD Audio
    build.prop Performance tweaks

Second Release (updated)
    (Note for those who are already using First Release can dirty flash second release as well.)

JUp1kt8fLQ.png

***Third Release as on 03.03.2016(completed on 02.03.2016)***
    Compatible on All LP(12.1) and MM(13.0) CM based Roms No worries, Rom Flashers

**NEW** Dolby Digital Plus (Preset Headphone mode)
    Sony Walkman 9.1.5.A.1.2beta (updated)
    Dolby Sound (tweaked)
    Dolby Sound UI (tweaked)
    SRS sound, ALSA, Xloud and Clearbass (merged)
    More build.prop tweaks from Optimization to Maximization with Buttery Smooth and Speedy Performance.
    Better battery life.

Viper4android 4.6 (same as second update)
    Beats DD Audio (same as second update)

Quiet and peacefull
    (the best combination with loudest of beats on the lowest of Volumes.(Never Goes to the Point where it hurts your ears)
    Download for p511x - P511x5.1&6.0_Mod02032016_low
    Download for p5100 -P51005.1&6.0_Mod02032016_low

Loud and clear.
    Volume doesn't go beyond the exploding level. Yes it does at some point, in case you know how to ;)
    Download for P511x - P511x5.1&6.0_Mod02032016_med
    Download for P5100 - P51005.1&6.0_Mod02032016_med

SuperSonic Boombastic Max
    For those who wants to see and show people what their device is really made of.
    Download for P511x -P511x5.1&6.0_Mod02032016_max
    Download for P5100 -P51005.1&6.0_Mod02032016_max

These are device specific mods, not to be flashed on other than the devices mentioned above. You can always dirty flash to change from low to max, so you can try all three modes without have to worry of flashing Rom all over again, the script modifies system files accordingly.

Extra Sound Mod

Can be used with any viper4android
    Sony IRS Pro for Viper4android Convolver
    Sony Xperia ClearAudio+.irs
    Sony Xperia Clearbass.irs
    Sony Xperia VPT 1.Studio.irs
    Sony Xperia VPT 2.Club.irs
    Sony Xperia VPT 3.Concert Hall.irs

Download the Sony IRS Pro rar

Instructions
    Download the rar file, put it on your device, internal or external card.
    Extract the files, Copy/Move
    Browse to the folder viper4android/ kernel, (its generally on your internal card) paste it.
    Enable from the Viper4android menu

More Info
    Created on 30.01.2016
    Updated on 03.03.2016
    P51xx 5.1 Sound Mod and tweaks

The latest update so far from my side as on 01.03.2016, I have took so much time, because I wanted this to be the best from all the previous mods I have posted. hope you all like it.

*Most recent Features update*
    Latest Sony Walkman 9.1.5.A.1.2beta
    Boeffla sound tweaks.
    Dolby Digital Plus
    Dolby Mobile
    Viper4Android 4.6
    SRS Audio
    ALSA Sound
    SRS Tru Bass
    Sony Beats Audio Libs
    XLoud
    Surround Sound
    sforce engine parts
    Better Visuals and Picture Quality.
    Better Battery and Performance
    Optimized Sound Volumes from Low, Medium and Maximum values
    Better and faster Video/Audio Streaming and
    Some Speed tweaks.
    Everything else that you could find.​

The Mod is available for Download now for specific devices, you should flash accordingly. this will not be universal flash-able zip mod, so don't try to flash this on different device, your sound will be messed up completely.

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Flash with TWRP Should work with other recoveries as well (excluding TWRP 2.7.3)
    Note: Flashing this Mod will delete the AudioFX or DSP manager app and
    Will update Sony walkman to the latest 9.1.5.A.1.2beta and viper4android to the latest versions
    please try clean flash
    in case there are any problems with users who dirty flash on my previous first and second update. please report.​

P5100 users running CM12.1(tested) (Omni,Candy,SlimLP,Bliss)

Low Sound Mod
    This particular mod aims for those users who likes to use headphones and listen music with volume never reaching a high decibel, but still boom boom music. although Tab Speakers are exempted from the low sound bug and beats better.
    Download P5100 P5100Mod_update01032016_low
    Download P511x P511xMod_update01032016_low

Medium Sound Mod
    This is the best Optimized Mod I have set aiming for most of the users. average to loud volumes, both the speakers and headphone shouldn't reach insanely loud, unless you try to.
    Download P5100 P5100Mod_update01032016_med
    Download P511x P511xMod_update01032016_med

Max Sound Mod
    Well, I don't recommend it, seriously, it's way too loud and might damage something, if you don't keep it tamed.
    Download P5100 P5100Mod_update01032016_max
    Download P511x P511xMod_update01032016_max

Tab result after flashing this mod
    • Device normal sound without even setting up the effects was better than the Original.
    • With just Dolby Sound turned on the Music Got even better and louder on the speaker.
    • With Dolby Digital Plus enabled I Could set up different Preset modes,
    • Headphones have volumes leveled set up nicely, the lowest one didn't reached loud enough to cause pain even at max volume.
    • medium was set perfect for my need and for the most of the audience as well alike.
    • Max is set for insanely cool music lovers that's the farthest I could take it just for test. it didn't blow up my speakers or headphone, it did blow my ears though. don't blame me if you blow up in your case. I cannot guarantee that this will not harm. so do it on your risk. still have the headache. lol
    • Although for enjoying Viper4android, I would suggest you turn off Dolby first, or you will get Disoriented Music effects.
    • this mod will disable the visualizer that you get on lock screen while playing song, that drains the battery and I applied the battery saving tweaks, so don't ask me for that, flash first and second update on the 2nd page of this thread.
    • overall better screen and images, faster video streaming and booting time. that's all I could test, rest please find out

update on 01.03.2016
    Latest updates are up on Post 11 have a good time listening music and don't forget to leave feedback, in case there could be more place for it. who knew when I started this, will reach so far with you all guys. thank you for your love for this device :)
    TWRP 2.8.7.2 on P5110, fails to flash on CM13 :(
    worked fine on CM12.1

Recently had been working and checking this on both twrp 2.7.2 and 2.7.3 recoveries, had strange results, So I am still not sure whats wrong with this.
    I tried apply the getprop("ro.product.device") == "espresso" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "espresso" || fix with it, tried all kinds of other options that should have worked on cm13 with twrp 2.7.3. but it didn't

but then this same happened with me too

Worked for me on 5113 with the latest nightly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, it worked with latest nightly on twrp 2.7.3 as well without applying any of my fix, on which I spend my whole night trying to figure where I am going wrong.

So, Seriously I don't know right now, there is twrp 3.0 released and @Android-Andi is also working on unified recoveries too. which one to keep :confused:

I will test again when things get a little bit clearer and settled. until then please keep sharing your results.