[P600][n1awifi][ROM][7.1] Official LineageOS 14.1 - weekly

Search This thread

datecasp

• Apr 5, 2021
    I actually am running my own build from LineageOS github repo for n1awifi and it runs clear and smooth.
    Security patch is from March 5 2021 and everything looks work properly (set-up camera, wifi...). I didn't installed gapps (didn't need them for the use of this device) so I can't check SafetyNet...
    I know it's a bit headache to build your own but in my opinion it deserves the work.

Attachments

• n1awifi version.png
      n1awifi version.png
      119.7 KB · Views: 65

Ramidalf

Jan 5, 2011
    I actually am running my own build from LineageOS github repo for n1awifi and it runs clear and smooth.
    Security patch is from March 5 2021 and everything looks work properly (set-up camera, wifi...). I didn't installed gapps (didn't need them for the use of this device) so I can't check SafetyNet...
    I know it's a bit headache to build your own but in my opinion it deserves the work.
    Could you please provide instructions to build it?

datecasp

• Apr 5, 2021
    Could you please provide instructions to build it?
    Hi @Ramidalf
    You will find the most of the instructions here https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/n1awifi/build
    Also you'll have to create a local_manifests.xml and add the proprietary blobs from here https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung/tree/cm-14.1/n1awifi (attached my local_manifests.xml)
    Problably you'll have a bunch of errors firsts times, but googleing you could find more help (I can't rememeber more webs) and successfully build your own ROM

Attachments

• local_manifests.xml
      1.5 KB · Views: 9

supergrobi94

Recognized Themer
    Feb 9, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    Hello @datecasp

so I've tried building my first LineageOS for n1awifi with the linked instructions. After many errors I was able to fix so far, I'm now stuck with this error:

Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Bluetooth_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex', needed by '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Bluetooth_intermediates/classes.dex'.  Stop.

Haven't found a solution yet, but did you get the same error and have a solution maybe?

datecasp

• Apr 5, 2021
    Hello @datecasp

so I've tried building my first LineageOS for n1awifi with the linked instructions. After many errors I was able to fix so far, I'm now stuck with this error:

Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Bluetooth_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex', needed by '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Bluetooth_intermediates/classes.dex'.  Stop.

Haven't found a solution yet, but did you get the same error and have a solution maybe?
    I can't remember all the errors I had...
    Could you post more lines of the log? Maybe before of that line should be anything that give you a clue about the problem.
    Did it say anything about 'ninja'? If so, you can build without ninja (read this https://hacksandgeeks.com/single-post/2017/04/02/How-to-Build-Custom-Lineage-OS-ROM)
    Also check your Python version and Java version (open Terminal and type "python --version" and "java --version"), as I remember you need Java 8 and Python 2.7.18 for this source
    How many gb's did you put in Jack configuration? I believe I finally alloc 8gb instead the 4gb that instructions says.

Reactions: supergrobi94

supergrobi94

Recognized Themer
    Feb 9, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    I can't remember all the errors I had...
    Could you post more lines of the log? Maybe before of that line should be anything that give you a clue about the problem.
    Did it say anything about 'ninja'? If so, you can build without ninja (read this https://hacksandgeeks.com/single-post/2017/04/02/How-to-Build-Custom-Lineage-OS-ROM)
    Also check your Python version and Java version (open Terminal and type "python --version" and "java --version"), as I remember you need Java 8 and Python 2.7.18 for this source
    How many gb's did you put in Jack configuration? I believe I finally alloc 8gb instead the 4gb that instructions says.
    Thanks for the link. Just checked Python and Java version, they are correct. Ninja is off and Jack configuration changed to 8 GB instead 4 GB.

After repo sync and start brunch i get this error:

Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/common/obj/APPS/BasicDreams_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex', needed by '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/common/obj/APPS/BasicDreams_intermediates/classes.dex'.  Stop.

Solved this error with rm -rf packages/screensavers/Basic like here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/build-error-porting-nougat-to-kenzo.3454046/#post-68553513

But like in the xiaomi kenzo thread after that i get that Bluetooth_intermediates error. Here is the log:

Code:
    [email protected]:~/android/system$ rm -rf packages/screensavers/Basic
    [email protected]:~/android/system$ brunch n1awifi
    including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
    Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/n1awifi
    Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/exynos5420-common

============================================
    PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
    PLATFORM_VERSION=7.1.2
    LINEAGE_VERSION=14.1-20210516-UNOFFICIAL-n1awifi
    TARGET_PRODUCT=lineage_n1awifi
    TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
    TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
    TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    TARGET_ARCH=arm
    TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
    TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a15
    TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
    TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
    TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
    HOST_ARCH=x86_64
    HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
    HOST_OS=linux
    HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-5.8.0-53-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-20.04-focal
    HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
    HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
    HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
    HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    BUILD_ID=NJH47F
    OUT_DIR=/home/lineage/android/system/out
    make: Entering directory '/home/lineage/android/system'
    PLATFORM_VERSION=7.1.2
    TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    TARGET_ARCH=arm
    TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
    TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
    TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
    HOST_ARCH=x86_64
    HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
    HOST_OS=linux
    HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
    HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
    HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    BUILD_ID=NJH47F
    find: 'src/android': No such file or directory
    find: 'src': No such file or directory
    find: '../commonutil/src': No such file or directory
    /bin/bash: line 0: cd: cts/tests/libcore/ojluni/resources: No such file or directory
    find: '../../libs/commonutil/src': No such file or directory
    find: '../../provider/java': No such file or directory
    frameworks/av/camera/cameraserver/Android.mk:18: Target has integrated cameraserver into mediaserver. This is weakening security measures introduced in 7.0
    find: 'src/android/bluetooth/client/pbap': No such file or directory
    find: '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/common/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwifi-hal-mock_intermediates': No such file or directory
    find: 'dummy': No such file or directory
    build/core/binary.mk:37: libgdmcprov uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
    build/core/binary.mk:37: provisioningagent uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
    build/core/binary.mk:37: libcommonpawrapper uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
    find: 'InCallUI/src-N': No such file or directory
    find: '../ContactsCommon/src-N': No such file or directory
    find: '../PhoneCommon/src-N': No such file or directory
    build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/etc/media_codecs_ffmpeg.xml'
    build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/etc/media_codecs_ffmpeg.xml'
    build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
    build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
    build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/lib/libexynoscamera.so'
    build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/lib/libexynoscamera.so'
    build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/lib/omx/libOMX.Exynos.AVC.Encoder.so'
    build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/lib/omx/libOMX.Exynos.AVC.Encoder.so'
    Generate Toybox links: acpi arp base64 basename blkid blockdev bzcat cal cat chattr chcon chgrp chmod chown chroot chrt cksum clear cmp comm cp cpio cut date dd df diff dirname dmesg dos2unix du echo egrep env expand expr fallocate false fdisk fgrep file find flock free freeramdisk fsfreeze fstype ftpget ftpput getenforce getfattr getprop grep groups head help host hostname hwclock id ifconfig inotifyd insmod install ionice iorenice iotop kill killall ln load_policy log logname losetup ls lsattr lsmod lsof lspci lsusb makedevs md5sum mkdir mkfifo mknod mkswap mktemp modinfo more mount mountpoint mv nbd-client nc netcat netstat nice nl nohup nproc od partprobe paste patch pgrep pidof pivot_root pkill pmap printenv printf ps pwd pwdx readahead readlink realpath renice reset resize restorecon rev rfkill rm rmdir rmmod route runcon sed sendevent seq setenforce setfattr setprop setsid sha1sum sha224sum sha256sum sha384sum sha512sum sleep sort split start stat stop strings swapoff swapon sync sysctl tac tail tar taskset tee telnet test time timeout top touch tr traceroute traceroute6 true truncate tty tunctl ulimit umount uname uniq unix2dos uptime usleep vconfig vmstat watch wc which whoami xargs xxd xzcat yes
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make: Leaving directory '/home/lineage/android/system'

#### make failed to build some targets (02:36 (mm:ss)) ####

datecasp

• Apr 5, 2021
    Thanks for the link. Just checked Python and Java version, they are correct. Ninja is off and Jack configuration changed to 8 GB instead 4 GB.

After repo sync and start brunch i get this error:

Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/common/obj/APPS/BasicDreams_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex', needed by '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/common/obj/APPS/BasicDreams_intermediates/classes.dex'.  Stop.

Solved this error with rm -rf packages/screensavers/Basic like here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/build-error-porting-nougat-to-kenzo.3454046/#post-68553513

But like in the xiaomi kenzo thread after that i get that Bluetooth_intermediates error. Here is the log:

Code:
    [email protected]:~/android/system$ rm -rf packages/screensavers/Basic
    lin[email protected]:~/android/system$ brunch n1awifi
    including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
    Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/n1awifi
    Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/exynos5420-common

PLATFORM_VERSION=7.1.2
    TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    TARGET_ARCH=arm
    TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
    TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
    TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
    HOST_ARCH=x86_64
    HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
    HOST_OS=linux
    HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
    HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
    HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    BUILD_ID=NJH47F
    make: Entering directory '/home/lineage/android/system'
    PLATFORM_VERSION=7.1.2
    TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    TARGET_ARCH=arm
    TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
    TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
    TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
    HOST_ARCH=x86_64
    HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
    HOST_OS=linux
    HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
    HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
    HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    BUILD_ID=NJH47F
    find: 'src/android': No such file or directory
    find: 'src': No such file or directory
    find: '../commonutil/src': No such file or directory
    /bin/bash: line 0: cd: cts/tests/libcore/ojluni/resources: No such file or directory
    find: '../../libs/commonutil/src': No such file or directory
    find: '../../provider/java': No such file or directory
    frameworks/av/camera/cameraserver/Android.mk:18: Target has integrated cameraserver into mediaserver. This is weakening security measures introduced in 7.0
    find: 'src/android/bluetooth/client/pbap': No such file or directory
    find: '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/common/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwifi-hal-mock_intermediates': No such file or directory
    build/core/binary.mk:37: libgdmcprov uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
    build/core/binary.mk:37: provisioningagent uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
    build/core/binary.mk:37: libcommonpawrapper uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
    build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/etc/media_codecs_ffmpeg.xml'
    build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/etc/media_codecs_ffmpeg.xml'
    build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
    build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
    build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/lib/libexynoscamera.so'
    build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/lib/libexynoscamera.so'
    build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/lib/omx/libOMX.Exynos.AVC.Encoder.so'
    build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/lineage/android/system/out/target/product/n1awifi/system/lib/omx/libOMX.Exynos.AVC.Encoder.so'
    Generate Toybox links: acpi arp base64 basename blkid blockdev bzcat cal cat chattr chcon chgrp chmod chown chroot chrt cksum clear cmp comm cp cpio cut date dd df diff dirname dmesg dos2unix du echo egrep env expand expr fallocate false fdisk fgrep file find flock free freeramdisk fsfreeze fstype ftpget ftpput getenforce getfattr getprop grep groups head help host hostname hwclock id ifconfig inotifyd insmod install ionice iorenice iotop kill killall ln load_policy log logname losetup ls lsattr lsmod lsof lspci lsusb makedevs md5sum mkdir mkfifo mknod mkswap mktemp modinfo more mount mountpoint mv nbd-client nc netcat netstat nice nl nohup nproc od partprobe paste patch pgrep pidof pivot_root pkill pmap printenv printf ps pwd pwdx readahead readlink realpath renice reset resize restorecon rev rfkill rm rmdir rmmod route runcon sed sendevent seq setenforce setfattr setprop setsid sha1sum sha224sum sha256sum sha384sum sha512sum sleep sort split start stat stop strings swapoff swapon sync sysctl tac tail tar taskset tee telnet test time timeout top touch tr traceroute traceroute6 true truncate tty tunctl ulimit umount uname uniq unix2dos uptime usleep vconfig vmstat watch wc which whoami xargs xxd xzcat yes
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make: Leaving directory '/home/lineage/android/system'

#### make failed to build some targets (02:36 (mm:ss)) ####
    Sorry but I can't help here...
    Are you building from the top of the tree? Croot betwen breakfast and brunch
    I found this you could try I see what happens https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-to-fix-no-rule-to-make-target-error.3223434/
    I checked my bashrc and I finally configure jack to 10GB
    Hope it helps you!
    Tell me what happens please!

Reactions: supergrobi94

supergrobi94

Recognized Themer
    Feb 9, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    Sorry but I can't help here...
    Are you building from the top of the tree? Croot betwen breakfast and brunch
    I found this you could try I see what happens https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-to-fix-no-rule-to-make-target-error.3223434/
    I checked my bashrc and I finally configure jack to 10GB
    Hope it helps you!
    Tell me what happens please!
    Yeah, breakfast n1awifi > croot > brunch n1awifi. Changed jack to 10GB, too. The fix from the thread didn't work for me.
    I will try to look to fix the Bluetooth_intermediates error somehow, but for now Thank you very much for the support!

supergrobi94

Recognized Themer
    Feb 9, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    @supergrobi94 one maybe stupid question (I found myself in this error today)... Are you trying to build the correct branches?
    Both repo init and local_manifests projects
    Yeah, I think so. Since I still can't solve the error, I will start from scratch again, maybe something went wrong while downloading the files the first time.

Update: Even after beginning again from start (from Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 to 21.04 and downloading all files again), still stuck in No rule to make target Bluetooth_intermediates error.

Last edited:

Cannonball_CO

• Jul 28, 2012
    Hi @Ramidalf
    You will find the most of the instructions here [...]
    Problably you'll have a bunch of errors firsts times, but googleing you could find more help (I can't rememeber more webs) and successfully build your own ROM
    Hey @datecasp thanks for assembling this. Quick question this is CPU independent, yeah? I only have an RP4/8GB with 128GB of SDcard so I'm gonna do compilation there. I know gcc can do cross-compilation so being on aarch64 isn't critical but shouldn't hurt either?!?

datecasp

• Apr 5, 2021
    Hey @datecasp thanks for assembling this. Quick question this is CPU independent, yeah? I only have an RP4/8GB with 128GB of SDcard so I'm gonna do compilation there. I know gcc can do cross-compilation so being on aarch64 isn't critical but shouldn't hurt either?!?
    Hi @Cannonball_CO
    I'm not sure if I get your question, no English native...
    It's recommended at least 16gb RAM for building. Enable ccache and get a cup of tea.
    Also for building the CPU is important, in last builds my 8 core is working full the most of the time.
    And I'm not sure about build in a SDcard... Can you mount it to your system? I know you can use a external drive but an SDcard is first time I hear about
    Has this sense with your question?

Cannonball_CO

• Jul 28, 2012
    Hi @Cannonball_CO
    I'm not sure if I get your question, no English native... [...]
    Hey @datecasp no worries. I am compiling on an ARM machine, specifically a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM - and for a Raspberry Pi the only disk it's got is an SD Card :).

I'm at 'repo sync' right now so no idea if this will actually go, but I'll report back if it works. I don't have an AMD64 Linux system anymore (only Win10 🤮😭) LOL

datecasp

• Apr 5, 2021
    Hey @datecasp no worries. I am compiling on an ARM machine, specifically a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM - and for a Raspberry Pi the only disk it's got is an SD Card :).

I'm at 'repo sync' right now so no idea if this will actually go, but I'll report back if it works. I don't have an AMD64 Linux system anymore (only Win10 🤮😭) LOL
    Hi @Cannonball_CO
    Just give some tries to the Raspberri and see what happens. Maybe success maybe not, but learning for sure!
    In win10 you can use WSL and Ubuntu for Windows
    Hope you success in your build!

Reactions: Cannonball_CO

Cannonball_CO

• Jul 28, 2012
    Nope, gotta setup a dual boot, x86_64 linux system...
    make: *** No rule to make target 'build/core/clang/HOST_arm64.mk'. Stop.

I learned a lot about the process though. Thanks again for the links, @datecasp!

OR... you've helped me again, with your idea!

Reactions: datecasp

datecasp

• Apr 5, 2021
    I have seen in a telegram group that you can't build on arm...
    So chance for WSL or to make a dual boot in your machine (I have this setup and works fine)
    Nope, gotta setup a dual boot, x86_64 linux system...
    make: *** No rule to make target 'build/core/clang/HOST_arm64.mk'. Stop.

I learned a lot about the process though. Thanks again for the links, @datecasp!

OR... you've helped me again, with your idea!

Cannonball_CO

• Jul 28, 2012
    OK. I have built LineageOS 14.1 for n1awifi within Ubuntu 20.02 LTS under WSL2. That was a pain.

After following the basic setup for WSL2 in the XDA guide linked above, I was able to easily perform all the steps up to 'brunch n1awifi'. At that point there were a number of additional bugs to fix, which seem to be associated with the fact that the source is now at least 3-4 years older than the toolchain. These bugs, in the order I encountered them, are listed below with my fix(es). Note, I think many of these may be covered in the XDA guide (!!!), but here they all are in one post. I guess I was too lazy to read through all 30 pages.

1. Presence of 32-bit binary in the prebuilts that won't run in WSL.
    FIX: copy the system bison (/usr/bin/bison) into the prebuilts directory; or set USE_HOST_BISON=true.

2. %define variable 'api.pure' outdated / unneeded (?) in system/tools/aidl/aidl_language_y.yy.
    FIX: remove this define (%pure-parser) from the file.

3. The prebuilt tool build/tools/ijar/ijar needs a patch to run under WSL
    FIX: apply the patch.

4. Defines in frameworks/compile/mclinker/lib/Script/ScriptParser.yy are outdated.
    FIX: the three lines under %debug should now be
    %define parse.error verbose %define api.namespace {mcld} %define api.parser.class {ScriptParser}
    Sorry I can't provide a diff, I didn't keep the old stuff!

5. Jack server KEEPS CRASHING OMG ARRRRGHHHH
    FIX (NOPE): at first I tried this but it just kept crashing. This info comes in handy if it does crash, though.
    FIX (WORKS): the whole fix requires changing Java security options.

6. Presence of JAVA/Themod.EE.1 virus found in temporary output (??)
    FIX: I'm honestly not sure if I took the right approach, but I restored the file using my anti-virus. This is troubling, although I can't find any info on this virus online (?). This kept happening in the latter part of the build, until I added the WSL build and temporary directories to the exception list.

7. out/target/product/n1awifi/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libmcldScript_intermediates/ScriptParser.cpp has two _Noreturn functions that *might* return.
    FIX: add abort(); call to end of each will silent the warning... and presumably this won't cause a problem given they're not supposed to return!

8. The core tool build/core/dex_preopt_libart.mk (and more!) must be patched for WSL for single-threaded operation.
    FIX (WAIT NO!): apply the patch.
    FIX (YES! WAIT STILL NO!): manually insert the -j1 option into the DEX2OAT command options (that is, don't rely on the ifeq statement above it). The first fix above didn't seem to work. Arg... but that may be because...
    FIX (YES!): Apply the first patch as noted above to build/core/dex_preopt_libart.mk, then search for the $(DEX2OAT) call in build/core/dex_preopt_libart_boot.mk, and add the -j1 option there AS WELL <SIGH>.

This worked for me, it might for you? I'm an engineer, not a computer scientist, so I can't guarantee I didn't really screw something up (somebody please tell me if I did!!!); use at your own risk. That said, I've loaded the OS onto my Note 10.1 2014 Edition and it's working.

lineage-14.1-20210527-UNOFFICIAL-n1awifi.zip

datecasp

• Apr 5, 2021
    OK. I have built LineageOS 14.1 for n1awifi within Ubuntu 20.02 LTS under WSL2. That was a pain.

After following the basic setup for WSL2 in the XDA guide linked above, I was able to easily perform all the steps up to 'brunch n1awifi'. At that point there were a number of additional bugs to fix, which seem to be associated with the fact that the source is now at least 3-4 years older than the toolchain. These bugs, in the order I encountered them, are listed below with my fix(es). Note, I think many of these may be covered in the XDA guide (!!!), but here they all are in one post. I guess I was too lazy to read through all 30 pages.

FIX: copy the system bison (/usr/bin/bison) into the prebuilts directory; or set USE_HOST_BISON=true.

2. %define variable 'api.pure' outdated / unneeded (?) in system/tools/aidl/aidl_language_y.yy.

4. Defines in frameworks/compile/mclinker/lib/Script/ScriptParser.yy are outdated.
    %define parse.error verbose %define api.namespace {mcld} %define api.parser.class {ScriptParser}

FIX (NOPE): at first I tried this but it just kept crashing. This info comes in handy if it does crash, though.

FIX: I'm honestly not sure if I took the right approach, but I restored the file using my anti-virus. This is troubling, although I can't find any info on this virus online (?). This kept happening in the latter part of the build, until I added the WSL build and temporary directories to the exception list.

7. out/target/product/n1awifi/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libmcldScript_intermediates/ScriptParser.cpp has two _Noreturn functions that *might* return.
    FIX: add abort(); call to end of each will silent the warning... and presumably this won't cause a problem given they're not supposed to return!

8. The core tool build/core/dex_preopt_libart.mk (and more!) must be patched for WSL for single-threaded operation.
    FIX (YES! WAIT STILL NO!): manually insert the -j1 option into the DEX2OAT command options (that is, don't rely on the ifeq statement above it). The first fix above didn't seem to work. Arg... but that may be because...
    FIX (YES!): Apply the first patch as noted above to build/core/dex_preopt_libart.mk, then search for the $(DEX2OAT) call in build/core/dex_preopt_libart_boot.mk, and add the -j1 option there AS WELL <SIGH>.

This worked for me, it might for you? I'm an engineer, not a computer scientist, so I can't guarantee I didn't really screw something up (somebody please tell me if I did!!!); use at your own risk. That said, I've loaded the OS onto my Note 10.1 2014 Edition and it's working.

OMG!
    Maybe something about building in WSL... Nothing of that happened to me in native Ubuntu 20.04. I had problems with Jack, with ninja, with the python version (old build in new OS)... Everything "easily" fixable
    Congrats for your success @Cannonball_CO

Reactions: Cannonball_CO

etofi

Jan 4, 2014

Can you please upload your version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Sure. Here they are on Drive: Lineage-14.1 builds from WSL2/Ubuntu 20.02 LTS. If I see changes at this changelog I'll rebuild and post the new build.
      lineage-14.1-20210608-UNOFFICIAL-n1awifi.zip posted, Security String 2021-05-05. Booted it 2 minutes ago.

Maybe exynos5420.com will start building again and I'll stop? Who knows. Build went a LOT EASIER this time 🤣

Can you please upload your version?
      Sure. Here they are on Drive: Lineage-14.1 builds from WSL2/Ubuntu 20.02 LTS. If I see changes at this changelog I'll rebuild and post the new build.
      New updates are available for Deathly and Vanilla with April 5 2021 security patch.

In theory that could be possible. Also, LiveDisplay for some odd reason doesn't work on this build, any reason why?
      Highly probable. It would just take someone doing it. Although the vendor binaries may also have some odd incompatibility that would render it impossible (?)... Donno.

I am familiar with debugging in several compiled and script languages but I have no idea how to debug code on Android. I think a first step would be to have Android Studio and an emulator installed, which I do not...
      LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
      /*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
       */

Screenshots and Videos

What works?
      Working
      Boot
      Display/Brightness
      Touchscreen
      Audio
      Wifi
      S-Pen
      Buttons/Lights
      SDCard
      USB Storage
      GPS
      Bluetooth
      IR Blaster
      Camera
      DRM (L3)
      SELinux Enforcing

Not working
      MHL
      Miracast

Not in the list? Report below

Other issues

How to install
      This ROM REQUIRES Lollipop bootloader. See this post to learn how to update your bootloader.
      1. Download ROM and Gapps and transfer to device
      2. Boot into recovery (TWRP recommended)
      3. Factory reset
      4. Install ROM
      5. Install Gapps
      6. Reboot to system

You can skip factory resetting ("dirty flash") if you're upgrading from Official LineageOS to a newer Official build.

Downloads
      Note: n1awifi is the same device as lt03wifi - the SM-P600

Thanks to
      Without these people this ROM wouldn't exist:
      Exynos5420 dev team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart, @tincho5588 )
      @ShevT - For his work on the P601 (huge contributor to our current device tree)
      @Raymanfx - First to bring CM to this device

Changelog
      Current changelogs: https://download.lineageos.org/n1awifi/changes/

Old changelogs:
      Code:
      	Fix bug where SetupWizard didn't have buttons
      	Lockscreen rotation setting added to Display->Rotation settings

Go official!
      	Fix video rescaling issue
      	SEPolicy fixups
      	Add noise suppression blobs
      	Enforce SELinux

Automatic screen brightness no longer enabled by default - zakooz
      	Enable our cache partition - zakooz
      	fstab: Mark cache, userdata as formattable - deadman96385
      	sepolicy: Update policies for media - cryptomilk + deadman96385
      	Doze fixups and tweaks - BadDaemon + deadman96385 + tincho5588 + zwliew
      	power: Use our kernel nodes - zakooz
      	Use NV21 color format instead of nv12tiled - tincho5588
      	ramdisk: fix s5p-smem ownership - tincho5588
      	Config: fix audio_effects.conf - tincho5588 + deadman96385
      	AudioFX: build the package again - tincho5588

Security patch: 05 January 2017
      	Enable "Samsung Doze"
      	GPU: Allow user under/overclock
      	GPU: Allow user thermal throttling points
      	GPU: Allow user voltages

Updated to LineageOS
      	Fixed microphone (Credit to @thompatry)
      	Fixed DRM

Update to final CyanogenMod sources (RIP CM)
      	Update to Android 7.1.1
      	December 2016 Security patch
      	Enable lockscreen rotation
      	Fix issue where the system was using the wrong audio_effects.conf 
      	Enable advanced low power audio 
      	Include Deathly Aduitor in installation
      	Increase maximum allowed charging current
      	No longer using haxes to avoid qualcomm telephony code
      	Update to 3.4.113 (from 3.4.112)
      	Update IR driver to samsung LL
      	Deathly Aduitor no longer complains about outdated kernel
      	Update Sound effect libs from T705XXU1ANF8 (Samsung MM) 
      	Update mobicore from T705XXU1ANF8 (Samsung MM) 

Major restructure and reorganization (now using exynos5420-common)
      	Updated audio configuration to official lollipop 
      	Fixed offline charging
      	Updated audio blobs to official lollipop (kitkat bootloader has no problem with this)
      	Enabled US 5GHz wifi bands
      	Updated everything except for GPU driver to samsung's official Marshmallow sources (From klimtlte) 
      	Allow apps to see and control:
      		USB charging currents
      		S-Pen Power Saving Mode (turn off S-Pen detection if it is inserted)
      		All the CPU thermal throttling points
      		S-Pen booster (increase CPU frequency when the S-Pen touches the screen)
      		Touchscreen booster (increase CPU frequency when a finger touches the screen)
      		Capacitive button booster (increase CPU frequency when a finger touches the buttons)

Fixed bug where buttons would light up even if lights were disabled in settings
      	Fixed bug where software buttons were enabled by default and restored option to disable them in Settings->Buttons
      	Camera fully working without crashes
      	Android security patch: 5 November 2016

Updated to CM14.1 (Android 7.1)
      	Fixed camera (but it's quite unstable)

Fixed battery stand-by problem introduced in previous build
      	Fixed HD video playback 
      	Audio should crackle less 
      	Now including Cyanogenmod Setup Wizard
      	Fixed possible system hang and reboot on first-boot
      	Enabled freeform windows 
      	Improved system UI smoothness 
      	Improved button lights HAL 
      	Enabled strong stack protection

IR Blaster fixed? I can't test this because my IR emitter is faulty
      	Disabled doze - our device doesn't properly support this and it will actually decrease battery life
      	Updated default CPU governor and I/O scheduler configuration - battery life should be vastly improved if you weren't use custom CPU governor settings
      	Updated and enabled sdcardfs - Testing, storage should work better though
      	Many clean-ups in the device configuration
      	Removed system dependency on qualcomm ext-telephony (currently a mess on wifi-only-non-qualcomm devices)
      	Builds are about 50mb smaller (first boot is longer though) (give me feedback on what you prefer!)
      	Security patch - October 5, 2016

Fixed Bluetooth
      	Fixed Flashlight (and camera preview)
      	Fixed Settings app crash
      	Small fixes to RIL (lack of) and WiFi

Fixed GPS

Fixed audio
      	Fixed video rendering
      	Security patch - September 6, 2016

Initial release

Source code

XDA:DevDB Information
      SM-P600 LineageOS14.1 Official, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
      ZakooZ, https://github.com/exynos5420
      Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: LL bootloader
      Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-09-08
      Last Updated 2017-06-22
      New build - 20161226

Android:
      - Update to final CyanogenMod sources (RIP CM)
      - Update to Android 7.1.1
      - December 2016 Security patch

Device:
      - Enable lockscreen rotation
      - Fix issue where the system was using the wrong audio_effects.conf
      - Enable advanced low power audio
      - Include Deathly Aduitor in installation
      - Increase maximum allowed charging current
      - No longer using haxes to avoid qualcomm telephony code

Kernel:
      - Update to 3.4.113 (from 3.4.112)
      - Update IR driver to samsung LL
      - Deathly Aduitor no longer complains about outdated kernel

Vendor:
      - Update Sound effect libs from T705XXU1ANF8 (Samsung MM)
      - Update mobicore from T705XXU1ANF8 (Samsung MM)

Wanted to fix microphone and video zoomin bugs before releasing a new build (they weren't fixed); Turns out those bugs are harder to fix than it looks and more time will be needed to fix them.

Now that CyanogenMod is no longer maintained I see little point in trying to fix bugs under their source trees, so that's why I'm releasing this build. Instead, I'll update to LineageOS and fix stuff there.

Happy holidays.
      OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1
      159 days after the initial release of CM-14.0, our device has been approved as official!
      http://wiki.lineageos.org/n1awifi_info.html

The first official build should come out next week.

In the meantime you can learn how to upgrade from Unofficial to Official: http://lineageos.org/Update-and-Build-Prep/
      (short version: Clean flash by wiping data and flashing gapps again OR dirty flash by flashing the "EXPERIMENTAL" version, rebooting, and flashing the "nightly" version. Dirty flashing just the nightly build will not work.)

Thanks to:
      Exynos5420 Team Lead
      @deadman96385

n1awifi device maintainers
      @ZakooZ @mosimchah @Orion116

Exynos5420 Team
      @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart, @tincho5588, @DarkExistence
      Been a bit busy
      6pxirDL.jpg
      SetupWizard has been fully fixed, next official build will include the fix