P605 dead, what to do next?

Anduhroid

Jan 27, 2021
My P605 has no sign of life.
Internal charger doesn't seem to be working at all. So I've charged the battery with my bench power supply, resoldered the battery connector. Measured the connector on the board and it shows battery voltage. When connected through a USB power monitor the device doesn't seem to draw any power whatsoever though.

Is there some common hardware problem I should be looking at apart from dead battery/bad battery connector?

I do have a hot air rework station, fairly decent soldering skills, bench supply and oscilloscope but nothing super fancy,.

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
My P605 has no sign of life.
Internal charger doesn't seem to be working at all. So I've charged the battery with my bench power supply, resoldered the battery connector. Measured the connector on the board and it shows battery voltage. When connected through a USB power monitor the device doesn't seem to draw any power whatsoever though.

Is there some common hardware problem I should be looking at apart from dead battery/bad battery connector?

I do have a hot air rework station, fairly decent soldering skills, bench supply and oscilloscope but nothing super fancy,.
The usb assembly tends to fail & can be cheaply replaced, but as you already charged the battery externally, there must be another problem.
I found it difficult to attach the connector of my new battery, required a lot of pressure, and to arrange the battery cable such that it won't push up the connector. There was hardly room for the battery cable, as it was two or three millimeters longer & the wires quite stiff.

Anduhroid

Jan 27, 2021
The usb assembly tends to fail & can be cheaply replaced, but as you already charged the battery externally, there must be another problem.
I found it difficult to attach the connector of my new battery, required a lot of pressure, and to arrange the battery cable such that it won't push up the connector. There was hardly room for the battery cable, as it was two or three millimeters longer & the wires quite stiff.
I will check the USB assembly just in case it might affect something. Better to be safe than sorry :)

What would be super useful would be a schematic/diagram, but I guess that there is no maintenance/service manual available anywhere is there?

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Fugget about schematics etc.
The usb assy costs less than $10€,fortunately, but also contains the buttons and leds, which makes replacement a bit more complicated.