Question P6P Keyboard Recommendation?

Search This thread

darbylonia

Apr 30, 2011
New York
Hi all,

I have done some searching on this topic so forgive me for this post, but I am struggling with my P6P keyboard experience. The accuracy is so terrible. I have been using GBoard and also SwiftKey with the same results. It's so horrible! And I do use swiping and voice, but I'm not always in the mood or the position to use those and need a better keyboard. I did set the keyboard height to extra tall but still horrendous. It was even bad (not as bad) on my Oneplus 7 Pro. The ONLY thing I like about my work iPhone is the keyboard typing!

If anyone has other apps or tips/tricks that seem to jive with the P6P, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!(y)

Scottay5150

Jan 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I was on SwiftKey for years. After MS purchased them they went to crap. I've been on Google Board for a year+. It has been fantastic. It probably has to learn the way you type. Give it some time. It probably has to learn the way you type.

Make sure your settings are correct to remember what you are typing and your operating system on data collection.

D

Deleted member 739586

Same with me. Was a Swiftkey fan until it got bloated crap. Switched to Gboard almost 5 years ago and love it.

Reactions: darbylonia

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
The issues with the keyboard come down to this;

1) the space bar should be much taller to avoid hitting the bottom row of letters when reaching for it.

2) the screen isn't wide enough. A rebuild of the aosp keyboard could gain a few mm by trimming the edge of p, q, shift, and backspace, but what is really needed is for google to pull its head out of its ass and instead of having the display size growing into absurd vertical dimensions, widen it up!

Reactions: darbylonia

darbylonia

Apr 30, 2011
New York
Thanks for this feedback! Swiftkey was crap, and I tried OpenBoard which seemed decent but the swiping is terrible for the times I switch to swiping. I went back to GBoard which seems to be the best option. I will play around with the setting maybe.

Thanks all!:ROFLMAO:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was on SwiftKey for years. After MS purchased them they went to crap. I've been on Google Board for a year+. It has been fantastic. It probably has to learn the way you type. Give it some time. It probably has to learn the way you type.

Make sure your settings are correct to remember what you are typing and your operating system on data collection.
    Went from Swiftkey to Gboard and don't regret it. Swiftkey was so good once upon a time.
    +1 exactly what the other two said.
    I like Gboard when the phone isn't freezing
    D
    Deleted member 739586
    Same with me. Was a Swiftkey fan until it got bloated crap. Switched to Gboard almost 5 years ago and love it.