Question P6P loose/noisy buttons?

Search This thread

rvrugg90

Dec 12, 2010
Bought two 6p's and 1 has loose/loud buttons, the other has solid/quieter buttons. I feel it has to do with the tolerances of the metal around/behind the button. If you graze or lightly tap repeatedly, you hear audible click, especially with volume rocker, almost as if it rattles. Probably not quite bad enough to warrant a replacement, just a little annoying knowing the button is just slightly off every time I pick up phone. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this?

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Bought two 6p's and 1 has loose/loud buttons, the other has solid/quieter buttons. I feel it has to do with the tolerances of the metal around/behind the button. If you graze or lightly tap repeatedly, you hear audible click, especially with volume rocker, almost as if it rattles. Probably not quite bad enough to warrant a replacement, just a little annoying knowing the button is just slightly off every time I pick up phone. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this?
Can you make a video for us to demonstrate the difference, since you can use them side by side?

Would be interesting to see/hear for sure.

Smaller hardware "problems" wouldn't surprise me, considering the leaked Assembly Video showed about 80% of the assembly process being done by hand by humans, giving lots and lots of room for mistake/error/impurities.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

miravision

Oct 5, 2021
Care to share the 80% manual assembly video? Great tactile feel is a wonderful feeling, it gives a sense of quality

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Care to share the 80% manual assembly video? Great tactile feel is a wonderful feeling, it gives a sense of quality
Google took down the original videos on Youtube, but I'm pretty sure that you can easily find copies with a quick search engine "Google Pixel 6 Pro Assembly Video".

Edit: Ah, you don't even need a search engine. Just use Youtube.

My first search result:

Edit2: I just re-watched this and it's still hilarious how many spelling mistakes these internal tutorial videos have.

Edit 3: There are, by the way, more leaked videos. There also is a disassembly video for the Pixel 6 pro, and there are two videos (assembly/dis-) for the Pixel 6 non pro aswell.

I know that I saved them somewhere on my PC just in case I need to repair my phone later, it should come in handy to have the "official" tutorials to do that, lel.

Last edited:

miravision

Oct 5, 2021
I understand that a company wants to cover leaks but at the same time they were the ones spreading deliberate leaks for months on end to create hype. Ironic

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I understand that a company wants to cover leaks but at the same time they were the ones spreading deliberate leaks for months on end to create hype. Ironic
Well, it's safe to assume that Google leaked some of these spec sheets on purpose to generate hype, but I am 99,99999998758124% sure that Google did not deliberately spread the Assembly & Disassembly video (including part numbers!), since these are sensitive information that you don't want to get known in public. Especially to not give your competitors an edge, those that are always watching.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If it rattles, I would caution not pushing the IP68 rating too far since even a few drops of water or dust ingress is possible if the phone isn't sealed properly
    Google took down the original videos on Youtube, but I'm pretty sure that you can easily find copies with a quick search engine "Google Pixel 6 Pro Assembly Video".

Edit: Ah, you don't even need a search engine. Just use Youtube.

My first search result:

Edit2: I just re-watched this and it's still hilarious how many spelling mistakes these internal tutorial videos have.

Edit 3: There are, by the way, more leaked videos. There also is a disassembly video for the Pixel 6 pro, and there are two videos (assembly/dis-) for the Pixel 6 non pro aswell.

I know that I saved them somewhere on my PC just in case I need to repair my phone later, it should come in handy to have the "official" tutorials to do that, lel.
    Might have to return the loose button one...📴😳
    Can you make a video for us to demonstrate the difference, since you can use them side by side?

Would be interesting to see/hear for sure.

Smaller hardware "problems" wouldn't surprise me, considering the leaked Assembly Video showed about 80% of the assembly process being done by hand by humans, giving lots and lots of room for mistake/error/impurities.