• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question P6P reviews

Search This thread

droidguy22

Oct 4, 2013
While waiting for our phones to arrive, lets post the reviews here:

Google Pixel 6 Pro vs iPhone 13 Pro Max - Camera Test Comparison​

per above review, P6P is neck to neck with 13Pro Max

Google Pixel 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra - Camera Test Comparison​

per above review, P6P and S21U are comparable

Last edited:
Reactions: TonikJDK

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
I'm honestly a little worried about the SuperSaf camera review. It seems like this may even be a step back from the 5? I didn't have one, but I have a Oneplus 8 Pro and some of these look worse than what I have. Any thoughts?

No macro camera, no lidar for depth. Low light looks questionable :(

droidguy22

Oct 4, 2013

Google Pixel 6 Pro vs iPhone 13 Pro Max – ULTIMATE Camera Comparison!​

ZoneofTech review

P6P is the winner with 17 points vs 13 Pro max with 13 points

Last edited:

Izy

I'm honestly a little worried about the SuperSaf camera review. It seems like this may even be a step back from the 5? I didn't have one, but I have a Oneplus 8 Pro and some of these look worse than what I have. Any thoughts?

No macro camera, no lidar for depth. Low light looks questionable :(

this may help macro probably can be improved with fw update

Reactions: xgerryx

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Short Circuit channel showing how dark the screen is at max brightness compared to the iphone 13 (which I have no interest in), also doesn't look good to me. The speakers also sound way worse it seems. The more I see of this the more this feels like the pro should have started at $700 and not $900. I ordered from best Buy and I can still cancel it, but I don't know what to do.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

krips2003

Sep 27, 2009
Louisville
I don't know about you, but for me personally, Pixel 6 Pro picture quality looks quite good. I'm pretty sure it'll be better than what I currently have i.e. Pixel 3. It still takes good picture.

SuperSaf style camera comparison.

Mrwhosetheboss

Reactions: ggrant3876

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
Short Circuit channel showing how dark the screen is at max brightness compared to the iphone 13 (which I have no interest in), also doesn't look good to me. The speakers also sound way worse it seems. The more I see of this the more this feels like the pro should have started at $700 and not $900. I ordered from best Buy and I can still cancel it, but I don't know what to do.
Simple. Wait to get the phone, and then decide for yourself. :)

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
I don't know, almost every review I've read or watched so far place the 6 Pro above the S21 Ultra AND the iphone 13 Pro.

We'll see for ourselves soon enough though.

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Watching the Android Central review now and they are using the telephoto as the macro lens and it actually looks really good, so maybe that's why there is no dedicated macro camera. I'm going to watch as many as I can as it seems different people are using this phone in different ways. The bottom line on the video seems to be not great though regardless of who is reviewing it.

Also more confirmation the screen isn't bright enough outside.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
Reactions: StrangerWeather

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
There aren't any. I watched 6 or 7 videos all the way through. At best the Pixel is on par with the iphone in picture, worse in some areas, better in others, and objectively worse across the board in video.

Considering I will never own an iphone I'm more interested in how it compares to my OP8 pro, which I doubt I'll find a video on.

Also keep in mind Google is comparing to a mid range budget phone in the 5....so this "jump" is a jump for THAT phone, not compared to others in a lot of cases.

krips2003

Sep 27, 2009
Louisville
This I like the best when it comes to Pixel 6 review. It seems like most of the reviewer missed the macro capability of Pixel 6 Pro zoom lens. Which IMO looks way better than iPhone 13 Pro/Max.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gsmarena_209.jpg

Did you see that you can't actually take a 50mp picture? If that's true it's unacceptable. Unless the reviews I saw just missed it.

Off topic but I also saw on Twitter that a 2018 iPhone beat the tensor chip in Geekbench and it wasn't close. Also see in some videos that gaming performance wasn't great, you can't change 1440p to 1080p for the screen for what reason?!?! I have a really bad feeling this is really close to being hoodwinked by Google.

Don't get me wrong, I have this on pre-order but there's too much to ignore at this point.
    The Pixel 6/Pro uses Pixel binning from the main 50 MP camera sensor. This is the same thing used by Samsung S21 Ultra with their main camera sensor.

Here's some information from one of the Android Authority article:

"To sum it up in one sentence, pixel-binning is a process that sees data from four pixels combined into one. So a camera sensor with tiny 0.9 micron pixels will produce results equivalent to 1.8 micron pixels when taking a pixel-binned shot.

As we said in our 48MP camera explainer, think of the camera sensor as a yard and the pixels/photosites as buckets collecting rain in the yard. You can either place loads of small buckets in the yard, or several big buckets instead. But pixel-binning is essentially the equivalent of combining all the small buckets into one gigantic bucket when needed.

The biggest downside of this technique is that your resolution is effectively divided by four when taking a pixel-binned shot. So that means a binned shot on a 48MP camera is actually 12MP, while a binned shot on a 16MP camera is only four megapixels."
    IMO, the best review you can have of any phone is by you actually using it and see if it has all the features that you mostly use in your day to day life. Reviewers are looking at everything. Remember no single phone will do everything best in all categories.
    For me, I was happy with Pixel 3 since I owned from the launch date. I know Pixel 6 Pro will be way better than Pixel 3. And this is the reason I purchased Pixel 6 Pro. Whereas, I could easily purchase iPhone 13 Pro/Max. 🙏 ✌️
    I don't know, almost every review I've read or watched so far place the 6 Pro above the S21 Ultra AND the iphone 13 Pro.

We'll see for ourselves soon enough though.
    Simple. Wait to get the phone, and then decide for yourself. :)
    shame Google missed the boat on macro mode not being as good as Samsung or Apple! I use macro more then portrait mode
    I think in Android Central video review, you can take macro using the telephoto lens on Pixel 6 Pro. And I liked what I see. Your mileage may vary ✌️🙏