Question P6P Stereo Sound?

Search This thread

Gulfstream 650

I'm only getting sound out of the R/H speaker. I've tested the speakers with an online website that fades the sounds from left to right and all the sounds come out of the R/H speaker like it's mono (L/H channel sound comes out the R/H side). It's like the L/H side is muted, anyone else experiencing this?

Gulfstream 650

Just found this, I guess it's normal. The L/H "speaker" is actually a microphone. Number 14 is the mic, I don't know why the descriptions didn't show up.

B7SeUh340uwSPaVHnJIDSKWQOQDLwPnDgfwI.png

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
I would think that the best way to get stereo would be to use top and bottom speakers rather than two that would be right next to each other.

wilpang

Feb 10, 2014
Blackburn
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Mine seems to have stereo set up, tested a stereo YouTube clip and sound does come out of the top speaker. The bottom firing speaker is louder and I have adjusted in the settings to try and balance it out.

uicnren

Jun 19, 2007
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 4 XL
I'm only getting sound out of the R/H speaker. I've tested the speakers with an online website that fades the sounds from left to right and all the sounds come out of the R/H speaker like it's mono (L/H channel sound comes out the R/H side). It's like the L/H side is muted, anyone else experiencing this?
while its a long shot, make sure you dont have mono sound turned on in accessibility and/or that the slider there is not adjusted to one side. settings > accessibility > audio adjustment.

short of that or a hardware defect, stereo sound on pixels is pretty bad as the lower speaker is a great deal louder than the upper (earpiece) speaker. it has been a somewhat widely reported issue.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Most pixel phones were crap for this, Pixel 5 launched adaptive sound to balance these and adjust to surrounding. sound and vibration in settings, then enable adaptive sound, this option is supposed to balance the two speakers more to give closer stereo sound. I can definately hear a difference when using it.

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
To clarify for those asking: the stereo speakers aren't both placed at the bottom. One of the bottom grilles houses the bottom speaker, the other houses the microphone.

The second speaker is found in the earpiece.

To my vast surprise, the earpiece speaker seems to be amplified and delivers much richer sound. I tested the speakers with L/R music and was surprised to see that the low-end and midrange is actually tied to the earpiece, not the bottom speaker!

That is in dire contrast to what one would think, especially considering the fact that sound balance seems to be shifted towards the bottom firing speaker, something which DXOMark also confirmed in their audio review. But the earpiece just sounds better when it's playing on its own.

The speakers sound their best at around 60-70% volume. That is when you get the most low and midrange with balanced highs. The higher volumes just turn up the highs and drowns the bass and the low volumes don't really have bass.

As has been said previously - adaptive sound is a worthwhile feature to enable. The difference is noticable.

It's a decent set of speakers, and in some scenarios they play better than iPhones - especially at that 60-70% volume. But they shine in such narrow conditions that it's difficult to praise them wider.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To clarify for those asking: the stereo speakers aren't both placed at the bottom. One of the bottom grilles houses the bottom speaker, the other houses the microphone.

The second speaker is found in the earpiece.

To my vast surprise, the earpiece speaker seems to be amplified and delivers much richer sound. I tested the speakers with L/R music and was surprised to see that the low-end and midrange is actually tied to the earpiece, not the bottom speaker!

That is in dire contrast to what one would think, especially considering the fact that sound balance seems to be shifted towards the bottom firing speaker, something which DXOMark also confirmed in their audio review. But the earpiece just sounds better when it's playing on its own.

The speakers sound their best at around 60-70% volume. That is when you get the most low and midrange with balanced highs. The higher volumes just turn up the highs and drowns the bass and the low volumes don't really have bass.

As has been said previously - adaptive sound is a worthwhile feature to enable. The difference is noticable.

It's a decent set of speakers, and in some scenarios they play better than iPhones - especially at that 60-70% volume. But they shine in such narrow conditions that it's difficult to praise them wider.
    Link to source: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7157629?hl=en#zippy=,pixel-pro,pixel

B7SeUh340uwSPaVHnJIDSKWQOQDLwPnDgfwI

1. SIM card tray
    2. Top speaker
    3. Top microphone
    4. Front-facing camera
    5. Power button
    6. Volume up/down button
    7. Fingerprint sensor
    8. Rear-facing camera
    9. Tele camera
    10. LED flash
    11. NFC
    12. Bottom speaker
    13. USB-C port
    14. Bottom microphone
    Just found this, I guess it's normal. The L/H "speaker" is actually a microphone. Number 14 is the mic, I don't know why the descriptions didn't show up.

B7SeUh340uwSPaVHnJIDSKWQOQDLwPnDgfwI.png
    while its a long shot, make sure you dont have mono sound turned on in accessibility and/or that the slider there is not adjusted to one side. settings > accessibility > audio adjustment.

short of that or a hardware defect, stereo sound on pixels is pretty bad as the lower speaker is a great deal louder than the upper (earpiece) speaker. it has been a somewhat widely reported issue.
    Be careful when adjusting the L&R balance. I managed to blow the weaker top speaker on my pixel 4xl.

Not gone crazy with the adjustment just moved it a smidgen to the left!