• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[P7-L10] [EMUI 2.3, 3.0, 3.1] Enable call recording function

usb2

May 28, 2010
Italia
I've tested this mod succesfully with b133, b615, b621, b623, b830

[EMUI 2.3]
Requisite: full root

here are the step:
1- in build.prop add/modify "ro.config.hw_voicerecord" from false to true
2- delete in system/priv-app folder phone.apk and phone.odex (MAKE A BACKUP)
3- copy this phone.apk in the same folder with permission rwrr (it's taken from P7-L00 old firmware)
4- reboot

Credits to 4pda.ru

[EMUI 3.0]

here are the step:
2- copy HwCallRecorder.apk in /system/priv-app folder with permission rwrr (it's taken from P7-L00 firmware)
3- Reboot

[EMUI 3.1]

Thanks to rifad20 you can avoid root and build.prop and install the apk inside HwCallRecorder-lollipop.zip as a normal app

In any case here is the guide if you have root

here are the step:
2- download HwCallRecorder-lollipop.zip and extract somewhere (it's taken from P7-L00 firmware)
3- copy HwCallRecorder folder under system/app and set permission 0755 (rwxr-xr-x)
4- inside that folder there should be HwCallRecorder.apk...set permission rwrr
5- Reboot

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE, PERFORM THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Attachments

Last edited:

upito

Sep 7, 2010
Rota
Thank you very much USB2, works perfectly on P7-L10 with version B136.
Another question. There is some modification to the photo during incoming / outgoing calls are larger in size?

Last edited:

boldbeast

Oct 23, 2014
In some countries the call recording feature of Huawei Ascend / Huawei Honor phones are disabled by Huawei.
If you don't want to root your phone here is the solution: Boldbeast Call Recorder

Please use following settings in the app to record calls:
- Record Mode: 1 or 4
- Record Format: WAV
- Tune Special: Yes

No root needed, just install and go, the app records calls clearly and loudly in two sides. This is the only solution so far that works well without root.

[email protected]

Feb 4, 2014
This is the only solution so far that works well without root.
Sorry but IMHO this is neither the only nor the cheapest!

I strongly suggest to better invest your money buying Tasker (does not require root): recording of phone calls is just one of the many benefits that can be achieved without too much effort even for non developers. I'am on KitKat 4.4.2 without root and it works like a charm. I can share the configuration if someone need.

Bye
Gian

boldbeast

Oct 23, 2014
Sorry but IMHO this is neither the only nor the cheapest!
I guess almost all recorders in the market work well for your phone, is it right? If yes, the call recording feature of your phone is not disabled.
In some countries the call recording feature is disabled by Huawei, you'll find "I tested more than 50 recorders but no one works well". In this case Boldbeast Recorder is suggested.
By the way Boldbeast Recorder is free, no advertisement. If you want to upgrade to the Pro version you need to pay.

agh_7

Sep 3, 2015
I've tested this mod succesfully with b133 rom & b615 rom

[EMUI 2.3]

here are the step:
2- delete in system/priv-app folder phone.apk and phone.odex (MAKE A BACKUP)
3- copy this phone.apk in the same folder with permission rwrr (it's taken from P7-L00 old firmware)
4- reboot

Credits to 4pda.ru

[EMUI 3.0]

here are the step:
2- copy HwCallRecorder.apk in /system/priv-app folder with permission rwrr (it's taken from P7-L00 firmware)
3- Reboot

Is it work on Android 5.1.1 and emui 3.1?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Forums Pro.

usb2

May 28, 2010
Italia
Is it work on Android 5.1.1 and emui 3.1?

i don't know because when i've tried emui 3.1 i didn't root the phone...now i've downgraded to emui 3.0...if you want to test try the emui 3.0 metod with emui 3.1 rom

Last edited:

agh_7

Sep 3, 2015
i don't know because when i've tried emui 3.1 i didn't root the phone...now i've downgraded to emui 3.0...if you want to test try the emui 3.0 metod with emui 3.1 rom

I really want to try it, but I have problems with Persian language in b805, after reset factory Persian language is despair, but it work for me in emui 3 thank you. :)

agh_7

Sep 3, 2015

I tried it in emui 3.1 but Hwcallrecorder doesn't exist in system/ priv-app
I also made hwcallrecoder folder manually but after that I couldn't call.

usb2

May 28, 2010
Italia
Added Emui 3.1 call recording

hi all user's P7.
I have mate 7 and install lollipop. If you have lollipop you can try this file from my topic.
Here it's the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-7/general/mt7-l09-l10-enable-call-recording-t3230402
try and write
thank you but i've extracted only HwCallRecoreder.apk from p7 china firmware and everything works good without changing/adding Telecom.apk , TelefonyProvider.apk and TeleService.apk...
reading your thread you didn't change build.prop line...have you tried it?

Last edited:
Reactions: proudazzzm

rifad20

Feb 14, 2008
Calicut
Using EMUI 3.1. Downloaded specific zip file in mobile. Opened in Archive Viewer in phone. Opened apk and installed as normal app. Successfully completed. No hiccups. Recording works without any problem.
Boatloader Locked
Not rooted.

Reactions: usb2

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
The Lollipop app version has been installed successfully on a LL Honor 5x and it works.

Just uninstalled the existing "recorder" pre-installed app and install HwCallRecorder-lollipop as you would with any usual app : so no need to change anything else... ;)