• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

P9 Lite Nougat Battery Life Thread

Search This thread

Usama707

May 31, 2015
Rawalpindi
So how's EMUI 5 Beta for u guys in terms of battery life?
Ever Since i got the nougat beta my battery life has been horrible especially when idle with Android OS Absolutely Killing my battery in standby without any WIFI or Mobile Data On . Normally i would lose 10-15% overnight
My Build Number is VNS-L21C185B331

angvil

Mar 8, 2014
Amman
Ever Since i got the nougat beta my battery life has been horrible especially when idle with Android OS Absolutely Killing my battery in standby without any WIFI or Mobile Data On . Normally i would lose 10-15% overnight
Did you dirty flash? If so try factory resetting your device, anyway android n it's still in the beta stage for p9 lite so expect some downside

Reactions: Usama707

Nemeroz

May 2, 2015
Piliyandala

I have a VNS-L31 device and currently on B336 version. My battery life is super awesome now. Even though standby drops some percentage. When I use it, basically I can get 6 hours of screen on time with mobile data (4G). So no problem so far.

drbitzer

Jan 26, 2011

I've read around the internet that the cause could be the geo-localization when there is no WiFi nor mobile data.
I have your same problem during the night time. This night I'm going to try to deactivate also the localization together with WiFi and mobile data to see what happens.

I will update you.

Anyway this is a beta so I think also that it is normal to have this kind of problem. I'm sure that this will be fixed in future versions.

Reactions: Usama707

Usama707

May 31, 2015
Rawalpindi
I've read around the internet that the cause could be the geo-localization when there is no WiFi nor mobile data.
I have your same problem during the night time. This night I'm going to try to deactivate also the localization together with WiFi and mobile data to see what happens.

I will update you.

Anyway this is a beta so I think also that it is normal to have this kind of problem. I'm sure that this will be fixed in future versions.

I Have tried disabling location etc but nothing works,Android OS still drains like crazy.In Safe Mode i dont get any Android OS Battery Drain by the way.

siwy991

Aug 17, 2014
hey Guys, I can confirm I am experiencing the same battery drain as well - Android OS is taking from 10-20% of battery usage and is always on the top. I'm in official BETA project with build 336 and despite factory reset and few other 'tricks' I still have this drain. Not sure if I receive any beta update, I will have to probably wait for stable release :( If anyone resolves the issue, please post it here

Hipom

Jul 24, 2013
porto
Awesome!!!

Attachments

• 1486731757938.jpg
    1486731757938.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 2,379
  • 1486731771775.jpg
    1486731771775.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,377

Imousons

Mar 20, 2017
Android N vs RR

Hi all! This is my first post on this forum ?

So i just wanted to ask your experiences about battery life on these two ROMS: stock android n (vns-l31c432b336 and latest RR build.

If your tried both of these which one you recommend for better battery life? Im not so much into all of these RRs customization options and im gonna install ROM with best battery life. 4g always on, surfing and whatsuppin usually.

pochic1996

Apr 27, 2012
Hi. I've been having problems with the battery life, especially about standby time. Battery has been draining at an alarming rate on standby. Any help?

ZeusftW97

Nov 14, 2013
Tetovo
I dont know why most you guys have a problem with the battery... I had high battery drain but somehow I solved the problem. The only thing I did was disabling the 4G option and my battery life is awesome on N. At least for now...
Now I have 0-2% battery drain overnight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170509-132548.png
    Screenshot_20170509-132548.png
    185.7 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

d.velkov

Nov 7, 2016
Kumanovo
I dont know why most you guys have a problem with the battery... I had high battery drain but somehow I solved the problem. The only thing I did was disabling the 4G option and my battery life is awesome on N. At least for now...

I have one question for you, can you compare N and MM (according to you experience) of battery drain with 4G ON and OFF. Do you have more battery drain on N or MM with 4G ON?

Usama707

May 31, 2015
Rawalpindi

It drains for me even on 2g. Android OS is keeping my system awake all the time -__-

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170509-173420.png
    Screenshot_20170509-173420.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 343
  • Screenshot_20170509-173417.png
    Screenshot_20170509-173417.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 347
Reactions: Marlboro_HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have a VNS-L31 device and currently on B336 version. My battery life is super awesome now. Even though standby drops some percentage. When I use it, basically I can get 6 hours of screen on time with mobile data (4G). So no problem so far.
    Did you dirty flash? If so try factory resetting your device, anyway android n it's still in the beta stage for p9 lite so expect some downside

I will update you.

I am not sure about RR, but on B336 the worst result was around 5h SOT on LTE/WiFi (mixed) plus Spotify and YT a lot

It drains for me even on 2g. Android OS is keeping my system awake all the time -__-