[P900][Touchwiz] Yet Another Marshmallow Rom 20180202

Search This thread

adex2020

Apr 12, 2020
The download link is already dead, does anyone still have the working download link? I really want to try this amazing ROM

hal_9000

Jan 20, 2008
Hello, after going to LOS 17 I'm now testing again this ROM, witch although it's old, it's at least newer than the latest stock ROM and way much stable than LOS 17 or even LOS 14. But I think the ROM I used to flash is not the latest version, since I cannot see the theme support anywhere.

The problem is that both, the theme support enabler on this link and the latest version of the full ROM on this link (including theme support) are currently unavailable. Please, could somebody having the theme enabler or the latest release of the ROM upload and share it?

Thanks.

Reactions: erkan.alper

hal_9000

Jan 20, 2008
Hello, after going to LOS 17 I'm now testing again this ROM, witch although it's old, it's at least newer than the latest stock ROM and way much stable than LOS 17 or even LOS 14. But I think the ROM I used to flash is not the latest version, since I cannot see the theme support anywhere.

The problem is that both, the theme support enabler on this link and the latest version of the full ROM on this link (including theme support) are currently unavailable. Please, could somebody having the theme enabler or the latest release of the ROM upload and share it?

Thanks.
Damn! That's what happens when you don't read until the very last message on the thread.

I just posted the previous message when I saw @diehengardt's message with a link to a re-uploaded latest release. I'm downloading now, thanks.

hal_9000

Jan 20, 2008
Well, I checked and after all it seems that the version I was using was the last one, with date 2018-02-02 but I cannot find anything about themes neither in settings nor apps. Is there anything to be done in order to have the themes support working?

hal_9000

Jan 20, 2008
OK, I think this is the last post of my monologue for now :p .

I wasn't seeing anything about themes because I was using a third party launcher. I thought that the theme support was a system wide setting or an independent app, but finally discovered it's just part of the TouchWiz launcher and it's accessed from it.

Reactions: venturiz01
OK, I think this is the last post of my monologue for now :p .

I wasn't seeing anything about themes because I was using a third party launcher. I thought that the theme support was a system wide setting or an independent app, but finally discovered it's just part of the TouchWiz launcher and it's accessed from it.
is it fully working? i saw some people say the wifi isnt working
and if you can recommend a rom that is android nougat or up that works smoothly with spen

erkan.alper

Oct 14, 2018
Can somebody upload the last version of this masterpiece. Link in the previous post says its 2018 but all the files are from 2017.

desieinstein

Jan 26, 2023
Can anyone advise the correct install procedure for this ROM please? As there is no instructions on what to do.

I have rooted and installed TWRP. Now what to do?

Never mind, got it working - ROM is lovely

Last edited:

anterosHK

Aug 16, 2016
@diehengardt

thanks for your archive,yamr_20180202.zip,I found the files all have the time stamp of 2017-01-01,though the file name suggests 20180202.Also included in this zip file there's a P600 folder.

Could you check that if it's trully the last update of 20180202 by @bonuzzz ?

Hi @anterosHK

apologies for late answer, I rarely come here nowadays, most of Android stuf is now on telegram.
I checked and what I uploaded is what I have.
I did not modify anything on my archive at that time so I believe it should be the original content.

ANd in my archive I indeed have a p600 folder.
I will try to delete it (and update magisk.zip and maybe remove one or two things like Chrome to see what's going on).

I used to flash the ROM with TWRP, do not use latest 3.6.x families, I have issues with them, I flashed this ROM (or lineageOS) with Official TWRP 3.5.1.9.

Will come back later.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

Features:
    -touchwiz ui with near stock functionality
    -based on Tab A and Tab S frameworks
    -Tab S2 apps
    -Tab S3 UI Sounds
    -SPen features
    -theme support
    -pre-rooted (magisk)
    -deodexed
    -debloated
    -knox removed
    -Display scaling (root required)
    -all apps support multiwindow
    -some minor changes like removing safe volume warning, overlay fix etc
    -ported IronKernel from @Tkkg1994 (read more about kernel features here: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/orig-development/kernel-ironstock-kernel-v3-2-t3531295 )

Notes:
    full wipe required!
    First boot takes 10 minutes
    For some features root required
    Device encryption doesn't support here
    If you don't want to install root, remove magisk folder from install zip
    If you want to make custom rom based on my rom, you're welcome.

Download:
    02feb
    gdrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sAiyxBEkEDEWtOiuMvOM53DKWmAVWHQx

Thanks to @Tkkg1994 for the kernel
    Kernel sources:
    https://github.com/bonuzzz/IronKernel
    Hi, guys
    I've uploaded new build. I think this is the final build I've made. So if you want to make your own rom, based on this one, feel free to do it. I also uploaded kernel sources to github.
    I didn't make here significant changes, but I recommend you to make clean install. I didn't test dirty flash.
    So, changelog is here:
    -photoeditor fixed
    -camera modes fixed
    -action memo added to air command
    -app lock added
    -cosmetic fixes and changes
    -touchwiz has been changed again. it doesn't have lag
    -theme support added out of box
    -new mode in touchwiz: all apps on home screen without app drawer button
    -many little bugfixes

download links are in op
    new screenshots are also posted to op

Enjoy and have a nice day!
    It's hard to compare because these two roms has one goal - make clean and stable daily firmware, but there two ways to achieve it.
    It has working camera here. Some bugs with hwcomposer are solved here. I couldn't solve them in tab s2 port.
    This rom should be more battery friendly
    it has blue light filter but without any settings. Simple, but working.
    It's not significally faster than tab s2 rom.
    This rom has more possibilities for me to edit features and fix bugs. Maybe in future someone make more custom rom on this base.
    And, of course, new bugs added ;)
    spolier for new version:)
    theme support enabler
    https://yadi.sk/d/JtW2nsNe3K4QoF
    flash with twrp
    orientation is landscape
    only icons and wallpaper are changed, but it's working)