P9Lite FRP lock

Search This thread

Epistemic

Jun 1, 2016
Anybody aware if the p9lite has an FRP Lock?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Epistemic

Jun 1, 2016
So of I loose my phone nobody can get in as they don't have the correct gmail?

SevenSlevin

Aug 16, 2016

Normally yes, if you have bootloader locked, frp locked, stock recovery and a password at lock screen it is hard that someone else could use your p9 lite. To use your p9 lite without your gmail need to flash another rom and to do that you need a custom recovery but for a custom recovery you need bootloader unlocked and also frp unlocked and for that you need to turn on the phone and know the password at lockscreen.

Reactions: Epistemic

Epistemic

Jun 1, 2016
How do I make sure bootloader and FRP are locked? My friend said the p9lite doesn't have FRP Lock but I'm sure it does.

I thought that even if it did have FRP and I lost phone, they could change from (build number) by flashing or using Odin regardless of bootloader.

SevenSlevin

Aug 16, 2016
How do I make sure bootloader and FRP are locked? My friend said the p9lite doesn't have FRP Lock but I'm sure it does.

I thought that even if it did have FRP and I lost phone, they could change from (build number) by flashing or using Odin regardless of bootloader.

You need to enter in fastboot mode to see if you have frp and bootloader locked. To do that there are different ways:
1) adb from pc and using command on the terminal;
2) volume down + power button on same time for 10sec (this seems to not work on p9lite);
3) (probably the fast way) Shutdown your phone, press and hold volume down and while holding connect it to computer by an usb cable, after some seconds it will enter in fastboot mode. ( to exit from here and reboot system press and hold power button for 10sec)
Here you can see, down, in green color:
Phone lock (means bootloader locked);
FRP lock.
Or if they are unlocked, you will see them write in red color.

As I know Odin is for Samsung terminals and yes with it probably you can directly push other roms from PC(if you have theme) and yes FRP lock will be useless. Same things can do with mediatek terminals using SpFlashTool (was tested by me and frp was useless). For our device as I know there aren't those types of application on PC. We have HiSuite but can't do nothing from it.

Epistemic

Jun 1, 2016
You need to enter in fastboot mode to see if you have frp and bootloader locked. To do that there are different ways:
1) adb from pc and using command on the terminal;
2) volume down + power button on same time for 10sec (this seems to not work on p9lite);
3) (probably the fast way) Shutdown your phone, press and hold volume down and while holding connect it to computer by an usb cable, after some seconds it will enter in fastboot mode. ( to exit from here and reboot system press and hold power button for 10sec)
Here you can see, down, in green color:
Phone lock (means bootloader locked);
FRP lock.
Or if they are unlocked, you will see them write in red color.

As I know Odin is for Samsung terminals and yes with it probably you can directly push other roms from PC(if you have theme) and yes FRP lock will be useless. Same things can do with mediatek terminals using SpFlashTool (was tested by me and frp was useless). For our device as I know there aren't those types of application on PC. We have HiSuite but can't do nothing from it.
Thinking about it I've only ever used Odin on Samsung. When I'm home I'll check if bootloader is locked. But I'm assuming it is as everything is stock/unrooted.

I've never factory reset and bothered to see if it was FRP locked, the lazy way to check.

I'll check when I go home.

SevenSlevin

Aug 16, 2016
Settings>developer modes, here it is an option:
Enable OEM unlock. If you enable it you will unlock FRP, by default it is disabled.

Epistemic

Jun 1, 2016
Settings>developer modes, here it is an option:
Enable OEM unlock. If you enable it you will unlock FRP, by default it is disabled.
The OEM UNLOCK enabled disables FRP Lock right? But out of the box the OEM UNLOCK is disabled which means the FRP lock is active?

SevenSlevin

Aug 16, 2016
The OEM UNLOCK enabled disables FRP Lock right? But out of the box the OEM UNLOCK is disabled which means the FRP lock is active?

Yep! When you will go home to try fastboot mode, try also to change OEM unlock and you will see the difference. (about bootloader unlock you need a key that you can receive from Huawei for free, need to register somethings about your p9lite).

Last edited:
Reactions: Epistemic

Epistemic

Jun 1, 2016
Yep! When you will go home to try fastboot mode, try also to change OEM unlock and you will see the difference. (about bootloader unlock you need a key that you can receive from Huawei for free, need to register somethings about your p9lite).
I just done factory reset, phone definitely has frp lock.

Sep 23, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Just a question my P9 lite has bootloader unlocked and Twrp recovery, if I want to have frp active in developer mode the oem unlock must be disabled right?
Thks

Enviado do meu HUAWEI VNS-L31 através de Tapatalk

SevenSlevin

Aug 16, 2016
Just a question my P9 lite has bootloader unlocked and Twrp recovery, if I want to have frp active in developer mode the oem unlock must be disabled right?
Thks

if "frp active" means frp lock, yes the oem unlock must be disabled so no one can flash other roms from stock recovery cause it will request gmail account but, if you have twrp recovery it's useless to lock ("active") frp cause from twrp recovery everyone else can flash everything (it's possible cause from twrp you can do wipe of system that you can't do from recovery stock).

Reactions: Carlos_Moreira
Sep 23, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
if "frp active" means frp lock, yes the oem unlock must be disabled so no one can flash other roms from stock recovery cause it will request gmail account but, if you have twrp recovery it's useless to lock ("active") frp cause from twrp recovery everyone else can flash everything (it's possible cause from twrp you can do wipe of system that you can't do from recovery stock).
Thks for the info, how can I revert back to original recovery?

Billy141

Jul 21, 2013
well my girlfiend locked hers and is now locked out with no way of recovering (kid was watching pepper and must of reset) (she came from apple so no previous google acc etc and number on acc was changed due to being harrased (network changed it same sim) ive got further than alot of youtube etc at beating the frp) and long story short i deal with hardware, not so much software, and would love some one to make me a small html file that i can open in chrome on the phone to access settings (dev or all) as i cant seem to get my head around intent bit and is too long to put in url bar (and my html file didnt work lol)

wojtekml

Mar 24, 2009
Hello Everybody.
I have problem with my huawei p9 lite, problem with FRP.
Phone has bootloader unlocked, about 3 months ago i was flashing VNS-L21C432B370 with emui 5.0 and android 7.0. Yesterday i was trying flashing another rom (B380) and it is impossible because i have FRP locked.
I cannot write TWRP. Is there a way to unlock FRP?
Best regards.

Billy141

Jul 21, 2013
Hello Everybody.
I have problem with my huawei p9 lite, problem with FRP.
Phone has bootloader unlocked, about 3 months ago i was flashing VNS-L21C432B370 with emui 5.0 and android 7.0. Yesterday i was trying flashing another rom (B380) and it is impossible because i have FRP locked.
I cannot write TWRP. Is there a way to unlock FRP?
Best regards.
Do you not know what your Google acc was then?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Normally yes, if you have bootloader locked, frp locked, stock recovery and a password at lock screen it is hard that someone else could use your p9 lite. To use your p9 lite without your gmail need to flash another rom and to do that you need a custom recovery but for a custom recovery you need bootloader unlocked and also frp unlocked and for that you need to turn on the phone and know the password at lockscreen.

Thks