Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
FitSync

Type - Application
Price 2.99
Size 272kb
Comments - Register if you dont have an account, will bring up registration automatically. Runs through browser which i dont care for but has its advantages. Has all kinds of different workout techniques, good ui overall and you can sync and view exercise info. Rate it 8/10

Last edited:
A

aliho

my favorite so far

Name: 1 click direction
Type: Travel
Cost: $2.99
Rating: 5/5

This is the most useful one i found so far, and it's a hell of a good deal.

it's call 1 click direction. It works just like a gps system: you put in a destination, the app plot the direction from your current location to the destination on a map and speaks the first turn point to you thru TTS. I tried it today driving to a lunch place, it worked like a charm. (I think it also have a POI search, havent tried that yet). The only thing is that it does not automatically refresh your route if you get off track, but it's very easy to just refresh it manually by pressing the menu button. My current GPS's battery is all screwed up so i need to put it on car charger whenever i use it, now with this i can sell my gps for $10 and earn $8 by buying this app :p

Screenshots (from the app's website http://groups.google.com/group/1clickdirection ):

8.png

Blue_Alien

Feb 7, 2009
San Jose, CA
Name: Plox
Type: Game: Tower Defense
Cost: $1.99
Rating: 5/5

Similar to "Field Runners" on the iphone. Build towers, stop oncoming creatures. It has online high scores built in the game and a new level every week. Well spent $2.

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
Air Hockey

Type Game
Price .99 u.s.
Size 296kb
Comments - Ok guys i thought it might be generic and lame, but boy was i wrong. I haven't put phone down in over an hour! Its a simple game, average ui but it is fun :D Uses touch screen, multiple player mode as well. I loved it rate it 9/10

Last edited:

sblmnl

Feb 10, 2009
I propose changing the App/Games review template to include Pros & Cons so that you don't have to read a whole paragraph to realise it forcecloses a lot.

Also, the first post should be edited with names of Apps/Games reviewed + links to post of review.

Last edited:

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
I propose changing the App/Games review template to include Pros & Cons so that you don't have to read a whole paragraph to realise it forcecloses a lot.

Also, the first post should be edited with names of Apps/Games reviewed + links to post of review.
What closes on you? None of my posted stuff closes on me

Mr. Moe

Feb 8, 2009
San Diego
Price .99 Size 76kb

Improved ui, many new options including kill all for root users and tells you how much memory each app is using. Comes with refresh option, services section that are automatically started and systems tab. Worth a buck by far!!

The only thing that bothers me with this version and the old version is that when I end task an app it keeps showing back up at the bottom of the list over and over again every time.

anyone else have this problem?

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
Some of the apps restart because they are always on, not sure which ones but there are a few that you cant turn off they will just start up again. I know calendar one of them. Has nothing to do with this application.

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
Midnight Bowling 2

Type Game
Cost 1.99
Size 2mb
Comments - It has very nice ui and is fun overall. Uses trackball to wind up. People are complaining about it running in the back round but if you have task manager its not a problem. It runs a bit slow, load time takes awhile and is kind of easy but it is solid overall rate it 7/10.

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
WordSearch

Type Game
Cost 3.02 u.s.
Size 4mb
Comments - If you like word search puzzles then this game is for you! Simple ui, drag finger across letters to complete word then release to strike it out of the list. Runs nice and smooth only drawback is takes awhile to get used to dragging across screen, sometimes its a pain. Rate it 9/10

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
Bejeweled

Type Game
Cost 4.99
Size 804kb
Comments - Same great game, loved it as always. One drawback is the jewels are small so tough to use touch screen. You can use trackball however. Rate it 8/10

otto888

Dec 23, 2008
Alabama
Gutiar Hero World Tour

Type: Game
Cost: 9.99
Size: about 2MB

This "game" feels more like a demo...it doesn't have full songs...it's sprite based(took it apart and looked to see why it was so slow) and it LOOKS like its just a java emulator running a gh:wt mobile(for crappy phones) with touch support
Rating: -9001/10
EDIT: just tried online play...new score above

Last edited:

johnnylicious

Nov 9, 2008
Advanced Task Manager - Worth the money, its way better than the previous task manager, you can kill all process at once now, it has a new UI, memory and performance tabs. NOTE, you must have ROOT to use this app. PRICE: $.99

Bettercut - hands down must have paid app if you have a G1 and are tired of the same old stock icons on any app installed on your phone, this app allows you to rename a shortcut / app and replace the icon with a icon of your choice which are in .png format. PRICE: $2.99

Photoslide - photo album app, which incorportes swipe to view next photos, thumbnail slideshow and double tap to zoom and it has a decent UI new updates will be coming, a pretty useful app to replace default "pictures" app. PRICE: $.99

Snap Photo Pro - Newest / paid version of Snap photo camera app, just like the snap photo app but has new functions such as editing lighting, portrait / landscape detection, tap screen to take photo instead of using trackball / camera button which i liked alot, and is smooth and fast shutter and along with the other functions as the previous snapphoto. PRICE: $.99

Didn't buy any games yet, but maybe looking into it.

enjoy everyone.

funbacon

Nov 7, 2008
Hanoi
Type: Game
Cost: 9.99
Size: about 2MB

This "game" feels more like a demo...it doesn't have full songs...it's sprite based(took it apart and looked to see why it was so slow) and it LOOKS like its just a java emulator running a gh:wt mobile(for crappy phones) with touch support
Rating: 1/10

I agree with you. Some developer's very lazy, they use their old application, upgrade kernel to support new device and no change interface. This is Android, touch screen device, not Symbian or Sony Erricsion. Some app like that : Guitar Hero, 3 EA game, Pacman ... I hate the button at the conner of the screen, THIS IS TOUCH SCREEN DEVICE !!!!!!!!

Thank for your review, I think when I can access to paid market, I will buy Advance Task Manager, Plox tower, Better Cut, Office for android, they're really useful.

EA mobile has many many lazy developers =)).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Price 9.99 per month free 30 day trial - credit card info required
    Size 4mb
    Website - http://www.telenav.com/
    Type Application
    Comments - I am extremely impressed with the trial so far, so much so i may just fork out the money per month. The ui is excellent, navigation works perfectly. Tested it on way to work, at work and it works very well. I am a driver for fedex so i have a true need for it. Loading times depend on signal. Step by step directions, voice directions, maps, traffic, search and more are some of the options. Look at website link for more info. Easily a 10! Sorry no screenshot.

I Love this beta..I noticed the price it lowered if you buy a whole year in advance 99$ a year. 8.25/month Worth it for me =)

Real-time, pronunciation of streets amazed me. Although i hope these companies give us the option of where to save their programs. Main memory or SD Card.
    Runs smooth and is easily worth a 5 spot.

A 5 what?!?!?! :rolleyes: ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone