How To Guide Pair Galaxy watch 4 to Oneplus 10 Pro ColorOS

Search This thread

biglo

Jul 18, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Hello,

I have a Oneplus 10 Pro running ColorOS 12.1 and was running into an error saying unable to connect to this device every time I tried to pair my galaxy watch. There isn't much information or tutorials when it comes to using these devices using the ColorOS as it seems as if it was meant for Chinese use only.

I finally got my watch paired with my phone and decided to share my steps here.

1. Install the Samsung Health app from the play store
2. Download an old version of Galaxy wearable app and Galaxy watch4 plugin from apkmirror ( I used versions from December 2021)
3. Pair the watch using Samsung Health by opening the app. Click the 3 dot menu and go to settings>Accessories>Scan for accessories. Once paired it will automatically open the galaxy wear app.
4. Close the galaxy wear app and disable wifi and data on the phone.
5. Open the galaxy wear app again and proceed with the setup but decline all options that require you to sign on the watch with Samsung or Google and proceed by allowing the required permissions.
6. That's it, you should now be paired with your watch and you can now sign into your Samsung account through the wearable app and perform a backup/restore if you like,

Hope this helps anyone out there. This was a real pain in the but for me as I find ColorOS to be more reliable than the mess that OxygenOS is since it's now a fork of ColorOS.

My next task is to find out how to get the Google Backup to work. If anyone has any information on this please let me know.

Reactions: dladz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I have a Oneplus 10 Pro running ColorOS 12.1 and was running into an error saying unable to connect to this device every time I tried to pair my galaxy watch. There isn't much information or tutorials when it comes to using these devices using the ColorOS as it seems as if it was meant for Chinese use only.

I finally got my watch paired with my phone and decided to share my steps here.

1. Install the Samsung Health app from the play store
    2. Download an old version of Galaxy wearable app and Galaxy watch4 plugin from apkmirror ( I used versions from December 2021)
    3. Pair the watch using Samsung Health by opening the app. Click the 3 dot menu and go to settings>Accessories>Scan for accessories. Once paired it will automatically open the galaxy wear app.
    4. Close the galaxy wear app and disable wifi and data on the phone.
    5. Open the galaxy wear app again and proceed with the setup but decline all options that require you to sign on the watch with Samsung or Google and proceed by allowing the required permissions.
    6. That's it, you should now be paired with your watch and you can now sign into your Samsung account through the wearable app and perform a backup/restore if you like,

Hope this helps anyone out there. This was a real pain in the but for me as I find ColorOS to be more reliable than the mess that OxygenOS is since it's now a fork of ColorOS.

My next task is to find out how to get the Google Backup to work. If anyone has any information on this please let me know.