Palm Treo Pro (850) Groups

Search This thread

Rudegar

Retired Moderator
Jul 16, 2003
DK
if i were you i'd ask it in this forum

About xda-developers.com
Anything to do more with the site than with the phones. Feature requests, announcements, praise, moaning, etc.

promsmanager

Aug 13, 2008
Palm Treo Pro Forum

As it is produced by HTC, maybe the first step is to get a forum for it on XDA Developers ?

N1c0_ds

Sep 9, 2007
Granby, QC
nicolasbouliane.com
This is the next God device.

Palm have the design right but in the past years they just seemed to pop out the same devices over and over. I'm glad to see Wi-Fi, GPS and power at last.

You can tap yourself in the back this time, you really deserve it!

promsmanager

Aug 13, 2008
http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=1387

"It looks like HTC made the Palm Treo Pro. I think this is great news for the Treo Pro buyer because HTC is a proven player in the touch screen Windows Mobile market. Another thing is that the excellent resources at XDA Developers may be able to support customizations of the device for those who like to tweak things." :rolleyes:

promsmanager

Aug 13, 2008
O.K. I had the possibility to make a test with this device !

I can confirm: this is really the KING DEVICE for now ! It has a really perfect size in your hands. Less PDA and more smartphone (but with all PDA functionalities)

But bad news too: As it is produced by HTC voip calling has the HTC/Fring bug: it uses the speaker on the back and not the earspeaker which should be

Voip calling over 3G didn't work too: you can dial a number, you can pick up the other line and there is a connection, but the line is DEAD, no sound both connections

For testing I used this files: http://voipguides.blogspot.com/2008/05/voip-sip-client-for-windows-mobile-6.html

Last edited:

MDANavymom

Jan 24, 2006
Minnesota
Has anyone else Pre-ordered they Treo Pro? I just ordered mine this week and can't wait for shipping. I have heard over on Treocentral that someone has already received the device. I am hoping that America side starts shipping next week!!

ZonKnoZ

Jun 9, 2008
Berlin
i bought my treo pro yesterday and im pretty happy with it

there were several things i would have made in a different way like a mini-usb connector instead of an micro-usb one but at least its some standarized connector
still mini usb would be more practical

a seperate forum for the treo would be nice

right now i am fighting with the installations of my progs
most of the times an current version of software will solve problems with the 320*320 screen

one kind of program i am still looking for is a replacement for novii remote
i was hoping to be able to use the infrared port as a rc...

MDANavymom

Jan 24, 2006
Minnesota
I just got mine a couple of hours ago, am enjoying playing with it. I too hope they start and Treo Pro forum...will be helpful.

ZonKnoZ

Jun 9, 2008
Berlin
als long as there is no new forum for this phone i will keep posting interesting stuff i find out about my treo pro here

one very annozing thing i found out was:
- while listening to music with the screen off i heard short interruptions which after i checked it occured exactly every minute

- to "fix" this you have to disable the screen saver (the clock and date display on the deactivated screen) in settings>system>power options (might be called slightly different but sorry i only have a german device)

this is a pity that you have to do this in order to listen to music without problems
but it annoyed me after a while that much that i finally can live with that

MDANavymom

Jan 24, 2006
Minnesota
I have really enjoyed playing this this new toy this weekend (the heck with the homework!)
Anyway, a couple of things and maybe one of you can help me out. I so wanted to use UL but when I installed I can't see all of the configuration pages and there are no scroll bars for me to scroll down to finish the configuration. Very Frustrating.
Also I tried the RealVGA cab and it messed up my today screen really bad, plus it made everything so tiny I couldn't read it with out my reading glasses, not good for me. So that didn't work.
Also there is a huge lack of themes for the Treo, I never realized the huge difference between this and a regular 240x 320 screen.
Anyway for right now I am using Home++ Floyd Base Theme, and using SecondToday to run my WeatherPanel and FaceContacts.
So far I am liking this new toy...I am getting use to the keyboard but I will get there and I love the screen! I was actually outside today in the sun and could see it and read my emails!

ZonKnoZ

Jun 9, 2008
Berlin
...(the heck with the homework!)...

^^exactly my thoughts too today :D

i also must admit that its a bit frustrating to see how many programs have problems with 320*320...

the good thing is that everything i need is available in a version which runs smoothly most of the times(except tomeraider3 which has graphic bugs and the search only works with the softwarekeyboard -.-)

i als might add that the audio skip problem occured to me while using mortplayer as my mp3 player app...

so far im still playing around with this little fella

what caught my attention was that the treo pro uses around 60mA of current while in my typical ebook reader setup(backlight dimmed to the max but stiil on)
this could mean a decent battery runtime but its hard to say after just 3 days
the first impression is rather positive though

MDANavymom

Jan 24, 2006
Minnesota
^^exactly my thoughts too today :D

i also must admit that its a bit frustrating to see how many programs have problems with 320*320...

the good thing is that everything i need is available in a version which runs smoothly most of the times(except tomeraider3 which has graphic bugs and the search only works with the softwarekeyboard -.-)

i als might add that the audio skip problem occured to me while using mortplayer as my mp3 player app...

so far im still playing around with this little fella

what caught my attention was that the treo pro uses around 60mA of current while in my typical ebook reader setup(backlight dimmed to the max but stiil on)
this could mean a decent battery runtime but its hard to say after just 3 days
the first impression is rather positive though

Hummm will have to check out the audio players...I hate to say it but I just don't use that or video players I do like You Tube, but for music and videos I have my Zune.
I am having a problem getting my skyfire reinstalled...am still trying to get the kinks out of that one, and I have sent a request to someone to try and get a couple of themes made for this here new toy...since I am completely helpless with anything graphic. I have some new Dexter wallpapers and want themes made out of them and I got some great Icons for it too..I NEED to get this UL issue resolved so I can get this thing looking good or as the kids would say "I need to pimp out my phone" ;)

EDIT: Here are a couple of screen shots not done yet

Attachments

• cap4.jpg
    cap4.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

MDANavymom

Jan 24, 2006
Minnesota
GPS Working

So I fired up his baby this morning, to check out the GPS. I use to use an external bluetooth receiver with TomTom on my T-mobile Wing. Usually took at least 2 minutes to get a signal. I turn on the TomTom this morning used other GPS Com4 and it took under a minute to get a signal in my apartment!! Way cool! So now I need to find a reason to go driving and get some use out of this. ;)