Dec 28, 2007
i am talking about the newest versions

that is v. 1.2.5 of coreplayer
and
TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03

the reason for coreplayer being faster may be the TyTN II driver mode
which accelerates the QTv Dislpay video output

these are options which tcpmp simply does not offer

and with slow playback i mean skipping and pauses(rotating rainbow thingy)
never had these problems with coreplayer

i have a feeling that the performance could be still better if the software would be more optimized for the treo pro

400mhz cpu isnt that slow actually

I tried Coreplayer 1.25 on my Vogue last night. I tried the QTv Display mode. It froze up the phone. I had to reset it. Tried it a couple of times. The raw framebuffer mode worked but I still seen the choppiness close to the same as with TCPMP.

You are using the QTv Display mode for the Treo Pro then? Is there any other settings that you would advise?

Last edited:

jbinmn

Apr 22, 2008
Ok Treo Pro fans first off I cannot and will not take any credit for this little how to instuction and cab downloads all i'm doing is explaining how I got it to work on my Treo Pro. The people that should be credited for this is listed below.

The people you all should thank is first cortez.i from treo central for taking time to do an xml file as well as giving me the motivation to put it on my phone. A big shout out goes to Havoc cause his theme is sweet looking. jbommade from this forum for resizing some of the files actually I fully credit most of this to jbommade. Also a huge shout out goes to herg62123 and mpenguin14. There are a ton of other members who have also helped and they know who they are.

Ok first off like I said earlier and I want to make it a point I CANNOT recieve any credit for this at all, if so I would be PLAGERIZING other peoples work.

Step One download and unrar the file. Inside you'll see folders called step one and step two, A read first file and mpenguin14 m2dc current manila configurator.

Download: Treo Pro Manila 2D

All Credit for these instructions goto HERG62123 revised by sschlesinger

Follow the directions to the tee in Folder step one ( They are the exact instructions listed here.)

Ok setting up your Micro sd card so all cabs install directly from micro SD card. Put folders step one and step two on your micro sd card. All the cabs are in Step One except M2DC

Also at any time when the device ask you to do a soft reset just do it.

01. install OX-ManilaCompatibleSharedDLL.cab

02. install ContactFix.cab

03. install Album_Video_fix.cab (by ravest)

04. Install flashlite 3.1.cab from update 12

05. install 2d_Audio_manager.cab

06. soft reset after installing 2d_audio_manager.cab - PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE STEP #7

07. install Audio_Booster.cab

08. install HTCAlbum.cab

09. soft reset after installing htc album - PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE STEP #10

10. install OutlookEnhancement.cab

11. install Fullscreen_Player.cab install

12. install TaskManager.cab

13. install GoogleMaps_compressed.cab

14. install M2D-Beta-0.08.cab

15. softreset

16. After reboot goto Treo Pro>Start>Settings>Today>Items UNCHECK TouchFLO then click ok

17. Copy and paste all the files from Folder Step Two to device \windows directory

18. Go back to Start>Settings>Today>Items RECHECK TouchFLO then click ok

19. Soft reset

20. Install M2DC for customization. (Optional Makes things way easier)

Also AT ANY TIME when the device ask you to do a soft reset just do it.

Issues

1. Dialing directly from keyboard does not work
2. The weather tab initially looks horrible but once you put your city in and update its fine

Although we don't offically have a Treo Pro forum on here if any one has any suggestions or bugs to make this a better package please feel free to reply.

Disclaimer

Neither I nor the people mentioned above will not take any responsibility if anything bad happens to your Treo Pro. Although I must say because your installing cabs its very hard to brick your Treo Pro. If you do mess things up just do a hard reset and as always back up your work before you start this.

This is a basic Manila 2D package that works for me and may not work for you but give it a try anyways.
Excellent work. Following these instructions to the letter resulted in exactly the kind of "HTC" look I wanted on my Treo Pro. 2 things that I noticed:

1. I am able to dial directly from my keyboard. Not sure if this is really an issue with this install.
2. The "Mail" screen looks a bit strange. The font that shows the e-mail account you're currently viewing seems to large - so I can't see the entire account name. Also there seems to be some sort of box thru the middle of the envelope.

I'm also wondering if it's possible to display the clock in digital format (like the HTC DIamond).

Thanks again for this great work.

sschlesinger

Jan 12, 2007
San Antonio
Excellent work. Following these instructions to the letter resulted in exactly the kind of "HTC" look I wanted on my Treo Pro. 2 things that I noticed:

1. I am able to dial directly from my keyboard. Not sure if this is really an issue with this install.
2. The "Mail" screen looks a bit strange. The font that shows the e-mail account you're currently viewing seems to large - so I can't see the entire account name. Also there seems to be some sort of box thru the middle of the envelope.

I'm also wondering if it's possible to display the clock in digital format (like the HTC DIamond).

Yeah im working on cleaning some items up and to do another fresh install after hard reset maybe it will fix the keyboard this time. Where did you install the cabs to micro sd card or device.

Last edited:

jbinmn

Apr 22, 2008
Yeah im working on cleaning some items up and to do another fresh install after hard reset maybe it will fix the keyboard this time. Where did you install the cabs to micro sd card or device.

Installed all cabs to the device. I've also downloaded and installed version 0.19.203 of M2DC which includes the ability to change fonts. This may fix the issue I find with the size of the text in the mail screen.

gtkansan

Nov 28, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Are there any fixes for the items that dont show up using the 96 dpi setup for RealVGA? My top bar battery indicator, and the icons in text messages (unread and the like) list view (showing conversations to pick from) dont show up at all. Also, are there any themes and or backgrounds or dialer skins that work with our 320x320 screen? The dialer being messed up looks very weird and is annoying...

sschlesinger

Jan 12, 2007
San Antonio
Installed all cabs to the device. I've also downloaded and installed version 0.19.203 of M2DC which includes the ability to change fonts. This may fix the issue I find with the size of the text in the mail screen.

Just loaded the new version of m2dc and I don't think there's an option for the email tab. I'm gonna leave a message to see if he can add the email tab.

fungflex

Oct 19, 2005
Denville, NJ
when are we getting our own group!!!!!! This is very frustrating as this thread is reaching annoying to read at this point...

Lawmen23

Mar 3, 2007
I think the problem is the "type" of infrared HTC uses in their newer devices. This has been a problem since the Wizard was introduced.

I have an old Ipaq which came with Novii software and it worked great. The reason why it worked great was because Compaq built it with a long range IR port (I think they called it consumer grade IR). A cell phone with IR like the Treo Pro will most likely only work from 1-2 feet away. I would just look into a high end home theater remote instead.

jcolon

Aug 8, 2007
Caguas

Same here. Did a clean install after a hard reset, used the latest version of the MD2C. My only problem is with the email widget. I get an error everytime I try to view or scroll a message. I also found the Touch Flo a bit unresponsive at times.

Nonetheless, thanks for all your work!

rinotreo

Nov 2, 2008
voip issue

my voip call over 3g worked for the first time right after configuring the device and then i encountered the same issues as described above. i have to admit that over wifi it worked perfect. does anyone seem to know what the issue might be? might it be a codec issue?

ZonKnoZ

Jun 9, 2008
Berlin
I have an old Ipaq which came with Novii software and it worked great. The reason why it worked great was because Compaq built it with a long range IR port (I think they called it consumer grade IR). A cell phone with IR like the Treo Pro will most likely only work from 1-2 feet away. I would just look into a high end home theater remote instead.

The treo pro is supposed to have long range ir too.
Most devices nowdays have the more useful consumer ir diodes installed.
The problem is that the treo and apparently new htc devices seem to require software specially designed to work with that kind of emmiter...

damn i wish novii would cough up an update...

the xda flame which is a smartphone had novii remote preinstalled too and worked within an extreme range!
just fyi.

depperly

Aug 29, 2008
I am one of 7 people at my office (in the US) that now have this phone. PLEASE create a group for the PRO.

:p
:eek:
:rolleyes:
:eek:

adesonic

Oct 24, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Fold
Google Pixel 4
Need some help - Opera problem!!!

I just got a Treo Pro as a "spare" phone and it is fine except...

I have installed nothing but SPB pocket shell and Opera 9.5 and have a weird problem. After a soft reset, Opera will open and I can browse no problem. If I then close (fully close) Opera, I cannot use it (Opera) again until after another soft reset, it appears to try and open but then stops at the title bar. OPera version is 9.51b2, Pocket shell is version 2.0
(latest as at today)

This is bugging the hell out of me - can anyone help?

Cheers

CrozB

Apr 9, 2006
Bay Area, CA
www.CrozB.com
I just got a Treo Pro as a "spare" phone and it is fine except...

I have installed nothing but SPB pocket shell and Opera 9.5 and have a weird problem. After a soft reset, Opera will open and I can browse no problem. If I then close (fully close) Opera, I cannot use it (Opera) again until after another soft reset, it appears to try and open but then stops at the title bar. OPera version is 9.51b2, Pocket shell is version 2.0
(latest as at today)

This is bugging the hell out of me - can anyone help?

Cheers

Please move this to the Treo Pro forum. Oh wait, there isn’t one yet :-(

I am running Opera 9.51 build 2723 and Shell also and do not have this issue. However I am running Shell version 2.1.2 Build 3534. I think there were issues with the earlier version of Shell and the 320x320 display. Maybe updating Mobile Shell to 2.1.2 will fix ya?

Hope that helps,

-D

perdurabo2

Jun 17, 2007
NJ
Ok so there seems to be a huge push behind creating a Treo Pro forum, so why isn't there one yet?

Are there really that many nerds bitter about Palm? Get over it, it's a phone.

fungflex

Oct 19, 2005
Denville, NJ
Ok so there seems to be a huge push behind creating a Treo Pro forum, so why isn't there one yet?

Are there really that many nerds bitter about Palm? Get over it, it's a phone.

Seriously, This thread is about so many different topics already. If the Treo Pro does not have its own forums, this thread will be a useless sticky.

Its a popular enough phone, and it has more views and posts than the entire Rose and Jade forums for equally new phones to the Treo Pro, a confirmed HTC built device.

drspock

Apr 2, 2007
TreoPro CID unlock

Is it possible to flash TreoPro in bootloader mode using mtty or something similar?
How can I do it ?
Thank you
Spock

CrozB

Apr 9, 2006
Bay Area, CA
www.CrozB.com

oVan

Jan 4, 2007
Is it possible to flash TreoPro in bootloader mode using mtty or something similar?
How can I do it ?
Thank you
Spock

Not yet. I've only posted the bootloader method this week, the rom cooks need to start developing. It would really help if we got a dedicated forum here on XDA.