Palm Treo Pro (850) Groups

Search This thread

adesonic

Oct 24, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Fold
Google Pixel 4
Opera/ Treo Pro/SpB Mobile Shell Problem SOLVED

Thank to CrozB for the reply to my earlier post. After fiddling about, I discovered that the latest (relased 20th October) OPera Beta (that comes with widgets) is the problem, reoving this and putting on the QVGA version of te "OEM" Opera has solved the problem completely.

jcolon

Aug 8, 2007
Caguas
BT and Treo Pro

Has anyone had any progress or work around with these issues? I mean, not being able to answer call waiting on Bt because, when you try to return to the first call, the line goes silent even though the caller on the other side can hear you. Also, and utmost annoying, is the fact that if while on a call, you don't pick-up an incoming call or press ignore on the phone, your current call drops too. As usual, Palm gave this stupid answer:http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(2194)

BTW, I use a BlueAnt V1Forum please?!

Last edited:

smileyboi

Sep 21, 2006
Excellent work. Following these instructions to the letter resulted in exactly the kind of "HTC" look I wanted on my Treo Pro. 2 things that I noticed:

1. I am able to dial directly from my keyboard. Not sure if this is really an issue with this install.
2. The "Mail" screen looks a bit strange. The font that shows the e-mail account you're currently viewing seems to large - so I can't see the entire account name. Also there seems to be some sort of box thru the middle of the envelope.

I'm also wondering if it's possible to display the clock in digital format (like the HTC DIamond).

Thanks again for this great work.

So the internet/opera tab seems not to link to opera. Anyway to fix this yet?

ch121s

Nov 21, 2008
I dont know if someone has said this as of yet....but in case anyone is having problems with using the Palm-TF2d with a non-htc (I have a samsung) you might want to try installing Manilla2D_NonHTC_Patch.CAB ontop of the other install. I'm not exactly sure where its at on this board right now, but a quick search could fix that.

Just tryin to help out if I can. Thanks

simeonfishman

Dec 4, 2006
I just got a Treo Pro recently and love it, but my only issue is getting the GPS to work. I've scoured the forum here but still couldn't get to work. Would like to fix or I'll have to return. Can anyone help?

I started up google maps, clicked "use GPS" but it consistenty reports that it can't find any satelites after several minutes outside. After reading through threads here, I've tried installing a few GPS tools such as GPSToday, GPS Viewer and HTC GPS Tool and none of these can find a satelite either even after a long wait with clear line of sight to the sky.

My settings are the defaults out the box and are as follows -

External GPS settings:
GPS program port: COM4
GPS hardare port: (none)
Baud rate: 4800
Windows Manage GPS automatically enabled

Google Maps GPS setting - Managed by Windows

Any help much appreciated.

kapster

Aug 29, 2006
simeon post in the TREO group. Yes we have one now. You may have a hardware problem as I havent heard of any special settings to get google maps going. My treo is in the mail...

JayMike

Nov 25, 2007
Awesome, thanks to all of you! No way I could have done this on my own.

Ok Treo Pro fans first off I cannot and will not take any credit for this little how to instuction and cab downloads all i'm doing is explaining how I got it to work on my Treo Pro. The people that should be credited for this is listed below.

The people you all should thank is first cortez.i from treo central for taking time to do an xml file as well as giving me the motivation to put it on my phone. A big shout out goes to Havoc cause his theme is sweet looking. jbommade from this forum for resizing some of the files actually I fully credit most of this to jbommade. Also a huge shout out goes to herg62123 and mpenguin14. There are a ton of other members who have also helped and they know who they are.

Ok first off like I said earlier and I want to make it a point I CANNOT recieve any credit for this at all, if so I would be PLAGERIZING other peoples work.

Step One download and unrar the file. Inside you'll see folders called step one and step two, A read first file and mpenguin14 m2dc current manila configurator.

Download: Treo Pro Manila 2D

All Credit for these instructions goto HERG62123 revised by sschlesinger

Edit: All cabs are to be installed to device.

Follow the directions to the tee in Folder step one ( They are the exact instructions listed here.)

Ok setting up your Micro sd card so all cabs install directly from micro SD card. Put folders step one and step two on your micro sd card. All the cabs are in Step One except M2DC

Also at any time when the device ask you to do a soft reset just do it.

01. install OX-ManilaCompatibleSharedDLL.cab

02. install ContactFix.cab

03. install Album_Video_fix.cab (by ravest)

04. Install flashlite 3.1.cab from update 12

05. install 2d_Audio_manager.cab

06. soft reset after installing 2d_audio_manager.cab - PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE STEP #7

07. install Audio_Booster.cab

08. install HTCAlbum.cab

09. soft reset after installing htc album - PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE STEP #10

10. install OutlookEnhancement.cab

11. install Fullscreen_Player.cab install

12. install TaskManager.cab

13. install GoogleMaps_compressed.cab

14. install M2D-Beta-0.08.cab

15. softreset

16. After reboot goto Treo Pro>Start>Settings>Today>Items UNCHECK TouchFLO then click ok

17. Copy and paste all the files from Folder Step Two to device \windows directory

18. Go back to Start>Settings>Today>Items RECHECK TouchFLO then click ok

19. Soft reset

20. Install M2DC for customization. (Optional Makes things way easier)

Also AT ANY TIME when the device ask you to do a soft reset just do it.

Issues

1. Dialing directly from keyboard does not work
2. The weather tab initially looks horrible but once you put your city in and update its fine

Although we don't offically have a Treo Pro forum on here if any one has any suggestions or bugs to make this a better package please feel free to reply.

Disclaimer

Neither I nor the people mentioned above will not take any responsibility if anything bad happens to your Treo Pro. Although I must say because your installing cabs its very hard to brick your Treo Pro. If you do mess things up just do a hard reset and as always back up your work before you start this.

This is a basic Manila 2D package that works for me and may not work for you but give it a try anyways.

DssTrainer

Jun 5, 2008
Chicago
Excellent! Just got my Treo Pro and I must say Palm finally got it right! This moves twice as fast as my HTC Touch (Vogue) and its the same thickness!

But I am sure happy to see M2D has been ported. I just installed it and it worked perfectly. I even enabled the audio player, and tho it is slightly off center, it works fine.

So far all the apps work fine. There's some slight graphical glitches on the email flicker but nothing unbearable.

Thanks all!

boosted21

Apr 3, 2009
question

Excellent work. Following these instructions to the letter resulted in exactly the kind of "HTC" look I wanted on my Treo Pro. 2 things that I noticed:

1. I am able to dial directly from my keyboard. Not sure if this is really an issue with this install.
2. The "Mail" screen looks a bit strange. The font that shows the e-mail account you're currently viewing seems to large - so I can't see the entire account name. Also there seems to be some sort of box thru the middle of the envelope.

I'm also wondering if it's possible to display the clock in digital format (like the HTC DIamond).

Thanks again for this great work.

I don't know if there's anything else I need to do or am I missing something. after downloading the "manila file" from the link once I try to open it it says "there is no application associated with treo_Pro_Manila_2d, run the application first, then open this file from within the application" I don't understand why it wont let me open this, can you help please?

cwiekol

Jan 13, 2008
is there an alternative rom for this device?
By the way:
mine treo is quite strange: it has serial number drove on case (above the screen and on the other side of phone). Also I have strange phone software version: TREO850-0.40-dvt..

bulls96

May 29, 2009
thank you for the instructions here!! I am new to this forum and found this because i was searching for Manila 2D on Treo Pro.

Question... is the NEW google maps app compatible with this?

bulls96

May 29, 2009
and how do i adjust the settings here? i could not find the app on my programs folder. thanks!

Ineedtoys

Jan 9, 2005
The treo pro is supposed to have long range ir too.
No it hasn't. It only has short range irda for linking with other legacy Palms and laptops.
Most devices nowadays have the more useful consumer ir diodes installed.
No they don't. Most have done away with IR completely 'cos everyone's moved on to Bluetooth. Palm kept it for legacy reasons as above, but it's gone in the Pre.

Last edited:

hellketty

Aug 17, 2009
Singapore
too many steps need to be follow before enjoy manila, i am planing to try this M2D later after hard-spl cracked ready, because at that moment i can cook a rom which including all of these bloody hell apps once for all

thx for the hard work anyway!