Panasonic p81 root info cwm playmore

Search This thread

sasays

May 5, 2008
Mumbai
some info regarding Panasonic p81 which I tried successfully on 4.2.2 purchased in india-

1) root access- root panasonic p81 by framaroot 1.9.3 with barahir exploit.

2) system backup - used mtk droid tools 2.5.3 (other version gave completion error) and adbd-insecure1.3 apk (to patch for adbd file not found error).
details in post below..

any other info regarding cwm recovery , xposed framework and modules compatibility, hard reset method, enabling 3g on second sim slot, etc on panasonic p81 please share..

update:
1) cwm recovery installation on p81 is working as per method provided by Sagar_Patel on page-2.
2) adding fonts to playmore on page-5.
online fonts in playmore on page-7
3) themes for playmore on page-7.
4) 3g on second sim slot is working. currently some custom roms, originally developed for coolpad 7320, tested and working on p81 have these function.
5) restoring of backup taken by mtk tools as stated above is tested and working with latest spflash. mtk tool backup mentioned above is very important in case cwm recovery fails.
6) adding wallpapers to p81 playmore ( changing app drawer wallpaper on p81 Stock launcher ) on page-19.
7) ss added for tested xposed modules on p81 stock rom. hktheme and unicon gives boot loop. keep xposed-disabler.zip in sdcard to recover boot loop.

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,662
  • appdrawer.png
    appdrawer.png
    213 KB · Views: 1,568
Last edited:
Reactions: Sagar_Patel

Sahil khaira

Aug 19, 2014
Hello
I too rooted Panasonic p81 through same method. I searched alot regarding cmw recovery but in vain. I want to go for xposed framework but bhai until I have full backup like nandroid, I don't wish to continue.
I am new to all this, so just want to know If there is anything else like cmw to make a backup and is that mtk droid working. Could you please tell me more something about it.

sasays

May 5, 2008
Mumbai
Hello
I too rooted Panasonic p81 through same method. I searched alot regarding cmw recovery but in vain. I want to go for xposed framework but bhai until I have full backup like nandroid, I don't wish to continue.
I am new to all this, so just want to know If there is anything else like cmw to make a backup and is that mtk droid working. Could you please tell me more something about it.

backup file is generated successfully by mtk droid tools on PC and sdcard.. since no cwm you can't restore from sdcard but PC backup can be restored by sp flash tools ( I have not tried restoring yet.. ).

Reactions: Sahil khaira

Sahil khaira

Aug 19, 2014
Thanks.
Is there any risk using mtk droid tools?

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Can you please tell me how to use mtk tools and drivers specifically for Panasonic p81

sasays

May 5, 2008
Mumbai
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Can you please tell me how to use mtk tools and drivers specifically for Panasonic p81

1) i used below tutorial for procedure (mtk tool 2.5 in these link will give error, instead use 2nd link for file)..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2683406

2) i used mtk tool 2.5.3 from here..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160490

3) I got adbd file not found error (yellow box not turning green as in tutorial) so I used adbd-insecure.apk from here..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1687590

note:- i took backup using above steps but haven't tried restoring back.
risk factor:- don't click anything else in mtk droid tools other than that mentioned in the first link..
Edit:-restoring of backup taken by mtk tools, as stated above, is tested and working with latest spflash tool.

Last edited:

sasays

May 5, 2008
Mumbai
Sorry to bother you again but I am stuck at step 3. Do I need to go for PDAnet to drivers? What do I do with adbd insecure apk?

if your device is detected by mtk droid tools then click on root button in mtk tools.. allow su prompt on your device screen.. if yellow box turns green then go ahead with backup ..
or else unplug USB and install adbd insecure on your device.. open adbd insecure on your device and tick on box "activate adbd insecure" then plug again and click on root button in mtk tool.. these time it will turn green.. then backup as stated..

sasays

May 5, 2008
Mumbai
Hello..
Please do share when you get cwm for Panasonic p81.

nearest to cwm installation on p81 seems to be easy magic cwm.. but it doesn't work on all mtk 6592.. so there may be a risk of bricking the device.. can anyone tell more about the risk of using easy magic cwm?
do you know how to add themes, lock screens, fonts on play more.. play more looks like miui online theme app but my play more shows only two stock themes.. no online server.. any idea about it?

Sahil khaira

Aug 19, 2014
I have searched a lot on google but couldn't find a promising way of installing cwm :-\ . Now does this mean we cannot have cwm in any way?
I too have same problem. I don't see any online way of downloading it.

ngajjar

Aug 31, 2014
Need for backup

some info regarding Panasonic p81 which I tried successfully on 4.2.2 purchased in india-

1) root access- root panasonic p81 by framaroot 1.9.3 with barahir exploit.
2) system backup - used mtk droid tools 2.5.3 (other version gave completion error) and adbd-insecure1.3 apk (to patch for adbd file not found error).

any other info regarding cwm recovery , xposed framework and modules compatibility, hard reset method, enabling 3g on second sim slot, etc on panasonic p81 please share..

The root process mentioned above is working fine for me. Curious to know what is the need for doing a backup here? sorry but am new to this. Just regular data backup on google is not enough?

Also after rooting the phone, what is the process to remove unwanted apps provided by manufacturer.

Thanks

Sahil khaira

Aug 19, 2014
The root process mentioned above is working fine for me. Curious to know what is the need for doing a backup here? sorry but am new to this. Just regular data backup on google is not enough?

Also after rooting the phone, what is the process to remove unwanted apps provided by manufacturer.

Thanks

Hello
We need to have the backup of stock rom so that if anything goes wrong with the phone (like not booting up), or you soft brick your phone which can happen with a rooted phone, we can restore our back completely the way it was when you used it first time. Rom back up is highly recommended and I suggest you too not to use to many tricks or mods if you have rooted your phone as it can soft brick your phone.
The normal backup just keeps your apps and works only if your phone is working.

Their are many apps that can do it result. Just google it.
If you have anything about p81, please share.

sasays

May 5, 2008
Mumbai

Thanks

backup mentioned above is for the entire system so that you can restore in case of soft brick, which is quiet possible while playing with a rooted phone.. if your phone does not boot these backup can be flashed through PC ( first you can always try hard reset through recovery ) .. the data backup on Google is completely a different story..
about removing of apps:-
preloaded apps you can directly uninstall through settings/apps/downloaded..
system apps which you don't use can be disabled from settings/apps/all apps tab..

ngajjar

Aug 31, 2014
boot p81 in recovery mode

backup mentioned above is for the entire system so that you can restore in case of soft brick, which is quiet possible while playing with a rooted phone.. if your phone does not boot these backup can be flashed through PC ( first you can always try hard reset through recovery ) .. the data backup on Google is completely a different story..
system apps which you don't use can be disabled from settings/apps/all apps tab..

We can boot the P81 in recovery mode by
a) press VolUp button followed by Power button, keep them pressed untill you see android robo picture with red triangle in middle and text 'No Command". It taks about 12-15s on my phone to start it in recovery mode
b) press power button to see different recovery options, I see following on my screen

Android system recovery <3e>
Volume up/down to move highlight;
enter button to select

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from sdcard
apply update from cache
wipe data/ factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup user data
restore user data

Considering we have above recovery option available out of the box, do we still need to take a manual phone backup before rooting a phone. Is there any possibility other than h/w failure that above option may not work.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Well my query was about removing the manufacturer's provided apps, in case of p81 i am referring to below apps
- Internet (default phone browser)
- Sales Tracker 1.0
- Location Engineer Mode 1.0
- 3D live weather 4.2.2-62

I removed these apps using App Master app available in google Play on rooted phone, we need to provide root access to App Master to remove above apps. You will not get a option to uninstall manufacturer provided app in default app management app "settings/apps/all apps tab".

sasays

May 5, 2008
Mumbai
We can boot the P81 in recovery mode by
a) press VolUp button followed by Power button, keep them pressed untill you see android robo picture with red triangle in middle and text 'No Command". It taks about 12-15s on my phone to start it in recovery mode
b) press power button to see different recovery options, I see following on my screen

Android system recovery <3e>
Volume up/down to move highlight;
enter button to select

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from sdcard
apply update from cache
wipe data/ factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup user data
restore user data

Considering we have above recovery option available out of the box, do we still need to take a manual phone backup before rooting a phone. Is there any possibility other than h/w failure that above option may not work.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Well my query was about removing the manufacturer's provided apps, in case of p81 i am referring to below apps
- Internet (default phone browser)
- Sales Tracker 1.0
- Location Engineer Mode 1.0
- 3D live weather 4.2.2-62

I removed these apps using App Master app available in google Play on rooted phone, we need to provide root access to App Master to remove above apps. You will not get a option to uninstall manufacturer provided app in default app management app "settings/apps/all apps tab".

since there is no development/data available for these device as a precaution system backup may be helpful and as you mentioned factory reset from recovery would be my first option..
have you tried voldown+power? on my lg mtk device voldown+power directly factory resets without giving any prompt..
for apps which has no option to be disabled I would recommend freezing it with titanium backup unless you require to free some memory in system partition ( system partition has 300mb free ).. uninstalling some of them may cause force close issues.. with tb you can defreeze when required..

Sahil khaira

Aug 19, 2014
1) i used below tutorial for procedure (mtk tool 2.5 in these link will give error, instead use 2nd link for file)..

3) I got adbd file not found error (yellow box not turning green as in tutorial) so I used adbd-insecure.apk from here..

risk factor:- don't click anything else in mtk droid tools other than that mentioned in the first link..

Thank you alot.
I have successfully backed up the rom through your given method.
Is it possible that I would face any problem flashing it back through sp tools?
Thanks again.

Sagar_Patel

Jan 10, 2014
Bhavnagar
Auto-made CWM installation in Panasonic P81

nearest to cwm installation on p81 seems to be easy magic cwm.. but it doesn't work on all mtk 6592.. so there may be a risk of bricking the device.. can anyone tell more about the risk of using easy magic cwm?
do you know how to add themes, lock screens, fonts on play more.. play more looks like miui online theme app but my play more shows only two stock themes.. no online server.. any idea about it?

Hello my friend,
Just follow the beautiful post provided by Kingston1 as below and you will have CWM installed in your device.

Link:- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2519432

Thanks to Rua1 for making wonderful MTK Droid Root and tools
Thanks to Kingston1 for the mentioned post.
Thanks me if i helped you :)

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

I have searched a lot on google but couldn't find a promising way of installing cwm :-\ . Now does this mean we cannot have cwm in any way?

Hello friend,
Rua1 has made really a wonderful tool by which you can not just only take nandroid backup of your MTK device but also able to install CWM in it!!!
Ditto
Follow beautiful post from Kingston1 as below

Thanks to Rua1 for wonderful MTK Droid Root and tools
Thanks to Kingston1 for beautiful post about auto-made CWM installation through MTK Droid Root and tools
Thanks me if i helped you:)

Sahil khaira

Aug 19, 2014
Hello my friend,
Just follow the beautiful post provided by Kingston1 as below and you will have CWM installed in your device.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Hello friend,
Rua1 has made really a wonderful tool by which you can not just only take nandroid backup of your MTK device but also able to install CWM in it!!!
Ditto

Thanks to Kingston1 for beautiful post about auto-made CWM installation through MTK Droid Root and tools

Thanks mate.
Just wanted to whether you have managed to install any custom rom?
And is there any way we can use led notification lights for other apps than msg and missed call.

Sagar_Patel

Jan 10, 2014
Bhavnagar
How to make your own Custom rom

Thanks mate.
Just wanted to whether you have managed to install any custom rom?
And is there any way we can use led notification lights for other apps than msg and missed call.

Hello!!!
Nope, still i dont install or make any custom rom but the following post and tools may help you...
Please follow the beautiful post of GuneetAtwal for making your own custom rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2195858

Thanks to GuneetAtwal for sharing valuable information
Thanks to dsixda for giving us wonderful Android_kitchen
Thanks to maker of APK tool (elesbb? Please point me in pm if you know the right person)
Thank me if i helped you...:)
Thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW CTR Recovery Ported.

Head towards the following link Click Here
    theme for panasonic p81 in playmore-.

1) create folder named 'theme' in sdcard/mydata/playmore.
    2) download theme from http://coolshow.coolyun.com/webpage/theme.html
    ( in chinese language )
    3) place downloaded theme in folder created.
    4) open playmore and apply.

( site also contains lockscreen thms but download link is not working )

try these theme-

http://coolshowdl.coolyun.com/themes/20140926/large/172756_3452be/summer night.theme
    Hi mate!!!

Thank you so much for this work...However, can you please post some screenshots if possible?

Does it has all those functions those are auto-made CWM have? (sorry for bad english!!!)

what if someone want to get back auto-made cwm by default instead of CTRv2?

Thanks for giving your time to read this post....:)

Have a nice day.....

Dont worry everything is working touch is working awsome and you can get back to CWM by the same procedure by flashing through SP Flash tool or by Mobile Uncle app.

Good news that am further development of new customised rom for our panasonic p81 so wait for some time new roms are coming soon.
    Thanks.

Edit:-restoring of backup taken by mtk tools, as stated above, is tested and working with latest spflash tool.
    Auto-made CWM installation in Panasonic P81

Hello my friend,

Hello friend,
    Ditto