• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Panel Gap between Screen and Frame on a brand new S21 Ultra

Search This thread

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I get 5.5hrs max of SOT with screen on QHD+ 120hz enabled, wifi connected and galaxy watch connected. I have been trying to limit background apps an so but can't survive for more than 5.5hrs.

Max my phone lasts is for 18-19hrs with 5.5hrs of SOT.

I have gone through several reviews of people claiming 8hrs+

I don't even have heavy usage, all I use is WhatsApp, YouTube and chrome and a bit of Facebook.

Considering how light the usage is surely the battery life sucks?

As enigmaamit above also said that he has mixed usage and still gets 6+ hrs and mine is light usage and it still struggles so I wonder is this normal?
There are too many variables into the equation...

FB uses plenty of battery for one.

Two, maybe where you are, your phone isn't catching great signal. usually when that happens, it drains the battery as the device is constantly trying to get better signal.

Maybe since you are not rooted you have plenty of bloatware that is draining your battery.

Additionally, putting usused apps to sleep, adaptive battery being ON, and also maybe you are using white mode instead of dark mode. Dark mode saves plenty of battery on our amoled screens.

Also I am rooted. So no bloatware. Battery fully calibrated. No draining apps. I use FB trough my KIWI browser with dark mode on for all pages.

If you get a full day, you are good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-003241_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210920-003241_Device care.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 6

salvator101

Feb 24, 2013
There are too many variables into the equation...

FB uses plenty of battery for one.

Two, maybe where you are, your phone isn't catching great signal. usually when that happens, it drains the battery as the device is constantly trying to get better signal.

Maybe since you are not rooted you have plenty of bloatware that is draining your battery.

Additionally, putting usused apps to sleep, adaptive battery being ON, and also maybe you are using white mode instead of dark mode. Dark mode saves plenty of battery on our amoled screens.

Also I am rooted. So no bloatware. Battery fully calibrated. No draining apps. I use FB trough my KIWI browser with dark mode on for all pages.

If you get a full day, you are good.
Well here is my screenshot,

Yes I use light mode but also have adaptive battery on and put unused apps to sleep

But the battery life on this clearly sucks.

I am barely managing to get 4:30 hrs to max 5hrs of SOT.

Which is so bad in comparison to what you and others get.
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-22 at 3.48.02 AM.jpeg

Is my phone defective or am I doing something wrong here?

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
Well here is my screenshot,

Yes I use light mode but also have adaptive battery on and put unused apps to sleep

But the battery life on this clearly sucks.

I am barely managing to get 4:30 hrs to max 5hrs of SOT.

Which is so bad in comparison to what you and others get.
View attachment 5415655
Is my phone defective or am I doing something wrong here?
I think it would be useful if you re-read my comment which you quoted.

From your screenshot i see you are getting really weak WiFi, that's a massive drainer.

And plenty of YT and FB and the watch app are heavily contributing to lower SOT.

There are days where i only get 3h SOT because of the activities i did. So its kinda normal.

Plus as i said, i am rooted, no bloatware. But instead, added tweaks for performance and battery improvement.

I don't think your phone is defective, its just the way you use it.

Additionally bear in mind that stock roms have a Camera_wakelock issue which drains the battery but had been fixed in custom roms lile Dr Ketans.

Do some research buddy. Or return your phone and see if a new one will be the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure if this will be accepted by Samsung as a valid reason for replacement. But if you're unhappy, by all means try to get a replacement or refund. It's your money, and you should be fully satisfied with what you bought with it, especially for this kind of asking price.

If the gap is giving you sleepless nights, better to get it replaced, or refund to get another phone. If I were you, I'd leave it alone. But it's your decision.
    Well I purchased it off Amazon and I can return it for a refund, however the problem is due to the semi conductor chip shortage, there are no phones in stock, I had to wait for 2 months to get this device, now if I return it I don't know when the next one will come.
    Also I am concerned that what if the replacement phone has wider gaps, I mean if this is normal and every device has it then it makes no sense to return it, am I right?

On a side note I found this statement from samsung
    Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 9.12.26 PM.png
    Yeah that truly sucks.

My phone just finished the battery learning usage calibrating and I'm getting around 5.5hrs of SOT which is horrible compared to what others are getting and all the reviews out there.

I'm using adaptive 120hz refresh, wifi and 4g on, light surfing usage + Bluetooth on and always connected to the watch + WQHD enabled

Is this battery life normal? how much of SOT are you getting?

I was shocked to see that some people got 8-10 hrs of SOT while I only get the half
    I'm getting around 6 hours of SOT with one and a half days of mixed usage. All features of the phone enabled. I'm happy with it.

There are users on XDA who've reported 8-10 hours of SOT but I've never been able to achieve that routinely. I have managed to reach 8hrs of SOT a couple of times, but I had to disable 4G, use only wifi, disable background sync, not use my Galaxy Watch, not open any app that used camera, stay in dark mode with low screen brightness, automatic brightness disabled etc etc to achieve that.

I didn't like the experience so decided to use the phone to it's fullest capability and forget about SOT as long as I got through to my bedtime.

I used to feel envious of these people initially, wondering why my phone didn't get insane SOT but after a few months of using this phone, I just don't care anymore, as I get to the end of my typical day with half the battery remaining.

Everyone has a different usage pattern, so battery life can vary wildly. If you're unhappy, you can try to disable some features, try debloating etc to try to improve it and see how it goes for you