Panorama mode: "Cannot take picture. Please pan faster."

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
I'm trying to take a panorama with my Z3C. Lighting is good (bright daylight). I've panned from very slow to very quickly. Everytime, it says it cannot take the picture and tells me to pan faster. "Cannot take picture. Please pan faster."

I also tried it indoors just to see. Same error message.

Any ideas? The superior auto mode and manual modes work fine. This is my first time trying panorama and it's simply not working. Thanks.

Edit: One more piece of info. In the little "preview" at the bottom of the screen that shows a tiny version of the panorama that is being taken, it IS filling in as expected, so it appears that things are working. But when I take my finger off the shutter it gives me the error message.

Last edited:

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
I'm trying to take a panorama with my Z3C. Lighting is good (bright daylight). I've panned from very slow to very quickly. Everytime, it says it cannot take the picture and tells me to pan faster. "Cannot take picture. Please pan faster."

I also tried it indoors just to see. Same error message.

Any ideas? The superior auto mode and manual modes work fine. This is my first time trying panorama and it's simply not working. Thanks.

Edit: One more piece of info. In the little "preview" at the bottom of the screen that shows a tiny version of the panorama that is being taken, it IS filling in as expected, so it appears that things are working. But when I take my finger off the shutter it gives me the error message.

It takes practice to get it right. I believe that if you also change the altitude it will say the same. So try to pan at the same height or it will also say the same thing.

NRG1975

Apr 2, 2008
I gave up on the panorama, it literally is the worst thing I have ever tried. I might just get a Panorama app for taking those types of pics. I know the struggle that you are having. The only way to get it to work, is to do a full sweep, that seems to be it.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
I gave up on the panorama, it literally is the worst thing I have ever tried. I might just get a Panorama app for taking those types of pics. I know the struggle that you are having. The only way to get it to work, is to do a full sweep, that seems to be it.

Oh you have to sweep all the way till the entire thumbnail at the bottom is filled up with picture? That's truly ridiculous, if so.

Sent from my D5803

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012

Oh you have to sweep all the way till the entire thumbnail at the bottom is filled up with picture? That's truly ridiculous, if so.

Sent from my D5803

Yes you have to, thought you knew that.
If you don't you'll get a part of the picture that's just grey.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Yes you have to, thought you knew that.
If you don't you'll get a part of the picture that's just grey.

Nope, didn't know that, and it makes Sony panorama mode completely worthless. I don't always need my panorama to be the maximum width permitted by the software. Sometimes i only need it to be slightly wider that one picture would allow.

I think this is the first phone I've had in years that forces panoramas to be the same size every time. Ridiculous.

Sent from my D5803

NRG1975

Apr 2, 2008
Nope, didn't know that, and it makes Sony panorama mode completely worthless. I don't always need my panorama to be the maximum width permitted by the software. Sometimes i only need it to be slightly wider that one picture would allow.

I think this is the first phone I've had in years that forces panoramas to be the same size every time. Ridiculous.

Sent from my D5803
I downloaded Google Camera for just Panorama.

HearseRider

Dec 9, 2014
Image sample please?

For the most part, yeah. But I only use it for Panorama pics, and that is it. Istill use the built in Sony app fpr all other camera work.

Hey mate, thanks a lot for mentioning that you use Google Camera for Panoramas. I want to purchase the Z3C but have this huge concern over the small resolution of panoramas.

Could you please upload a good highest possible res panorama image here? I want it just to check the quality of the panorama. I don't want panorama images to be limited by Sony's hardware, that's the thing. Could you please upload a full size panorama? Thanks a lot!

DrunkAzSkunk

Oct 25, 2014
Perth
Hey mate, thanks a lot for mentioning that you use Google Camera for Panoramas. I want to purchase the Z3C but have this huge concern over the small resolution of panoramas.

Could you please upload a good highest possible res panorama image here? I want it just to check the quality of the panorama. I don't want panorama images to be limited by Sony's hardware, that's the thing. Could you please upload a full size panorama? Thanks a lot!

I have managed to get a half panorama on my Xperia Z3 (Not compact model) and when you get the photo that has grey you just need to crop it, very hard to get it perfect though becuase it still expects you want the entire sized pano -_- heres a pic of a half pano I took on my Z3.

Reactions: HearseRider

HearseRider

Dec 9, 2014
I have managed to get a half panorama on my Xperia Z3 (Not compact model) and when you get the photo that has grey you just need to crop it, very hard to get it perfect though becuase it still expects you want the entire sized pano -_- heres a pic of a half pano I took on my Z3.

Thanks a lot for responding with your helpful photo and comment, I'm sorry I wasn't active on this site and I forgot about the question that I asked here.

I got the Z3C finally just 10 days ago! Haven't installed the Google Camera app as yet, as I am waiting for my MicroSD card to arrive so that I don't block up all the internal storage. Once I get it, I'll install the Google Camera app and check out the Pano on my own too. :)

Thanks for your help mate, appreciate it! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is the quality decent?

Sent from my D5803
    For the most part, yeah. But I only use it for Panorama pics, and that is it. Istill use the built in Sony app fpr all other camera work.