Pantech Flex P8010

Search This thread

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
Hi, I just got the Pantech Flex from At&t and this phone has very good specs, and looks really high end. Does anyone have this phone and is there any root for it?

Last edited:

stuartmc

Dec 2, 2007
I bought the Flex for a song and that enabled to dump AT&T and go with Straight Talk. Just a phenomenal phone for the price. It sure would be nice to get some simple rooting help. I don't expect any specific ROM development for the device, but anything would be a plus.

My take is that the phone is being promoted as a "budget" phone because its Pantech and as a starter smart phone because it has a very simple feature-phone like interface that you can switch to, if needed. In fact, sporting the same cpu and graphics chip as the Galaxy III and One X, with an 8mp rear and 2mp front camera and LTE capability, it is certainly not a budget performing phone. It is super fast and Pantech's minimal ICS overlay is actually quite good.

atadres

Oct 18, 2010
Compton CA
I dumped my cheepo plastic feeling Samsung gs3 for a flex ! and a tablet that came with it the element im disappointed in the lack of dev love for pantechs not that there was too much dev love for the s3 on att it was kinda the same ol same cm and miui and stock roms but this phone is so much better it provides the same speed same battery life great back facing cam decent front cam and it comes with fin tablet on att! for 100 bucks more then the s3 I really hope a dev will pick this up one day and start giving us root and maybe more

atadres

Oct 18, 2010
Compton CA
We need root

Im gonna request a dev from the pantech burst forums +

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33435054#post33435054

Guys ive started a request POST in the General Forum we can base ourselves there untill they give us our own forum hopefully ive gotten a reply that we can use a binary method of rooting our flexes i will attempt and keep everyone updated and if successfull i will create a tutorial

atadres

Oct 18, 2010
Compton CA
Im gonna request a dev from the pantech burst forums +

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33435054#post33435054

Guys ive started a request POST in the General Forum we can base ourselves there untill they give us our own forum hopefully ive gotten a reply that we can use a binary method of rooting our flexes i will attempt and keep everyone updated and if successfull i will create a tutorial

Update I tried a binary temp root with z4 root and no luck the device reboots and gets stuck at the art screen and requires a battery pull

atadres

Oct 18, 2010
Compton CA
Donavan01 I pmd a moderator and got a response here is an untested guide I was not able to get adb to recognize my device when I typed in adb shell and couldn't proceed with it but I hope you have luck when you recive your phone here is the guide all credit goes to DAVEPMR and I nor he is responsible for anything that happens to anyones device good luck

Not sure we can help much, rooting kind of requires a phone to test on.

you will need su and Superuser http://www.4shared.com/file/77Hm6isK/su_online.html Superuser.apk is at http://www.4shared.com/android/o6FouNYk/Superuser.html

but you might try

adb shell
rm -r /data/local/tmp
ln -s /data/ /data/local/tmp
exit

adb reboot

adb shell
echo 'ro.kernel.qemu=1' > /data/local.prop
exit

adb reboot

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb shell
chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
rm /data/local.prop
exit

adb reboot

adb install Superuser.apk

nplistener

Apr 21, 2011
Pantech Flex on Tmobile LTE?

Has anyone used the Pantech Flex on Tmobile LTE?

My Pantech Flex can connect to Tmo HSPA+, but not LTE. When registered on LTE network, it shows 4G/LTE but no connection. If I manually switch the network operator to WCDMA, then it will get 4G (more correctly 3G/HSPA+ on Tmo). However, it will automatically switch back to LTE after a short while.

I have tried all APN setting, non made any difference. Also tried the *#*#4636#*#* menu, it has no effect of the network type at all.

At this point, in case anyone on the same boat, I found a workaround solution by using a 2G sim card (from eBay) and the phone now connects to 3G (HSPA+). At least I have data connection, just not LTE.

I can live fine with HSPA+. But I curiously want to fix this phone and make it connect to Tmo LTE :D

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be or what I should be looking into? I ran out of ideas at this point.

jclu52

Mar 25, 2013
Hi everybody today I just gonna share how I unlocked my Pantech Flex to any carrier...I just used the same tool that other people use to unlock the Pantech Burst with the same phone model...in both phones just use the P9050 model in the Pantech calculator tab and it works...easy!!!
Enjoy!!

Thanks Reyk!! It works great! :highfive::good::cool::victory::D

I downloaded the RAR file, follow your instruction (choose P9050), find my IMEI # (Settings -> About phone -> Status), enter the IMEI, generate the unlock code, reboot my phone, enter the unlock code. A few minutes later, my phone is now on the network!

Reactions: thadrizz

Chr0nicDreamz

Nov 7, 2008

I downloaded the RAR file, follow your instruction (choose P9050), find my IMEI # (Settings -> About phone -> Status), enter the IMEI, generate the unlock code, reboot my phone, enter the unlock code. A few minutes later, my phone is now on the network!

Hi everybody today I just gonna share how I unlocked my Pantech Flex to any carrier...I just used the same tool that other people use to unlock the Pantech Burst with the same phone model...in both phones just use the P9050 model in the Pantech calculator tab and it works...easy!!!
Enjoy!!

Why does it ask for reseller info and mail info? also why does it say it cannot find dongle? last i remembered, a dongle is a small attachment for a pc like a USB dongle. a dongle is not a phone tethered through USB to a pc.

jclu52

Mar 25, 2013
Why does it ask for reseller info and mail info? also why does it say it cannot find dongle? last i remembered, a dongle is a small attachment for a pc like a USB dongle. a dongle is not a phone tethered through USB to a pc.

Don't worry about that. ;)
Switch to the tab named "Pantech Calc."
To find your phone's IMEI # go to [ Settings -> About phone -> Status ].
For Burst (P9070) & Flex (P8010), select P9050 Laser from the Model. Enter your IMEI #. Click on Calc Codes to generate the unlock code.
Reboot your phone and enter the code you got and a few minutes later, you got yourself an unlock phone. :highfive:

Blaggah

Feb 27, 2009
BeanTown
LTE works for me

Has anyone used the Pantech Flex on Tmobile LTE?

My Pantech Flex can connect to Tmo HSPA+, but not LTE. When registered on LTE network, it shows 4G/LTE but no connection. If I manually switch the network operator to WCDMA, then it will get 4G (more correctly 3G/HSPA+ on Tmo). However, it will automatically switch back to LTE after a short while.

I have tried all APN setting, non made any difference. Also tried the *#*#4636#*#* menu, it has no effect of the network type at all.

At this point, in case anyone on the same boat, I found a workaround solution by using a 2G sim card (from eBay) and the phone now connects to 3G (HSPA+). At least I have data connection, just not LTE.

I can live fine with HSPA+. But I curiously want to fix this phone and make it connect to Tmo LTE :D

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be or what I should be looking into? I ran out of ideas at this point.

I was afraid that i'd be facing the same thing as you but to my surprise, LTE works for me and I didn't do any tweaks at all. The default apn is the old epc.tmobile.com . I have unlocked both htc vivid and pantech flex, and i get 4G LTE on both. The only issue im having is i can't send nor receive mms but text messaging works. Anyone knows of a solution, please let me know. Thanks.

CptPoptastic

Jun 4, 2014
CalendarProvider.apk and .odex pleeeease

Can someone link copies of these for pantech p8010 4.1.2 (rooted) please. I derped and deleted mine without backing up. (noob I know, chuckle at my struggles lol) Reeealy want to be able to sync my calendar apps again. Not a lot of info or forum presence for this device so I wasn't sure where else to post this but here, thanks!

superchuckles2

Dec 2, 2014
Don't worry about that. ;)
Switch to the tab named "Pantech Calc."
To find your phone's IMEI # go to [ Settings -> About phone -> Status ].
For Burst (P9070) & Flex (P8010), select P9050 Laser from the Model. Enter your IMEI #. Click on Calc Codes to generate the unlock code.
Reboot your phone and enter the code you got and a few minutes later, you got yourself an unlock phone. :highfive:

tried that, it gives error: dongle security authorization error....

how to get past that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pantech Flex Sim Unlock Free

Enjoy!!
    Enjoy!!

Is therr a free way to unlock pantech p8010 with out using a Windows pc

Getting from ebay does not require a Windows PC. :p

The best is to see if your friend is willing to lend you his/her PC for like five minutes.
    Get everything you need prepared ahead of time helps a lot.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone