Paramount+ app crashes on ONN Android TV 4K device

Search This thread

garypen

Jun 10, 2007
Is anybody else having an issue with the Paramount+ app crashing upon opening on their ONN device? And, if so, have you found a fix?
My specific issue:
The Paramount logo goes through its animation then immediately goes to an error message: "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. Please check again later."
My attempts to troubleshoot:
I have force stopped the app.
I have cleared the app data and cache.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled.
I have rebooted the device.
I have tried installing the app to the device using both the Play Store website on a PC, and directly with the Play Store app on the device.
I can access Paramount+ using a browser on my PC, so my Internet connection appears to be okay.
My other streaming apps work okay - Netflix, HBO, Disney, Hulu, etc.
This is driving me nuts.
Is there anything I may have missed? TIA.

oCAPTCHA

Sep 22, 2021
I am able to use Paramount+ (CBS) Android TV version 8.1.10 (com.cbs.ott) on my Onn TV 4k box (dopinder) using stock software and no ad-blocker. You can download it from apkmirror.

Try disabling any adblockers, as most streaming apps have countermeasures to dns adblockers. The phone/tablet version com.cbs.app is available to try as well.

Last edited:

garypen

Jun 10, 2007
Thanks. I solved the issue by installing the app by logging into the Play Store from my PC, and sending it to the device from there. Previously, I had installed it directly from the Play Store app on the device itself.
I only discovered this weirdness when I installed it that way onto another ONN device, and it worked.
BTW, I don't believe ad-blockers are a thing with Android TV apps, only browsers and such.