• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Paranoid Android 6.0.3 - Geehrc (discontinued)

Search This thread

metrixx02

May 27, 2013
Izmir
disclaimer :THIS IS UNOFFICIAL PORT

We are launching brand spanking fresh. All new features. New team members. New everything and we have made sure that everything that we are releasing has been polished to our best.

The main features and enhancements that you will probably end up noticing are our custom Quick Settings tile reordering functionality, floating window support, immersive mode, the new on-the-spot interface and CM Theme Engine. There's much more to come, so sit tight!

Feature highlights

Floating mode
Immersive mode
On-the-spot controls
Quick settings re-order
Paranoid OTA (Updates)
Battery styles
Advanced power dialog
Quick pull-down
Theme engine

BUGS:NFC (i hope fix it in few days)

First Boot Time may 10 minute
Download
AOSPA

Changelogs

As we're getting back into the thread game, keeping up with threads and updating them as per changelogs can be too hectic given our schedule. However, very detailed changelogs always go up on our Google+ page, follow us for constant updates!

Instructions & requirements

We highly recommend you to follow these instructions very carefully. Users usually tend to skip a few steps and eventually fall in trouble. Are you with me? Good. Let's get this train going.

Just a few things to keep in mind first -
If you're coming from another ROM / Stock, your system data (not internal storage) will have to be wiped. This includes apps, accounts, messages, call logs etc.
There's been some users complaining about different GAPPS variants messing up installs and causing a ton of issues. Upon investigating it seems OpenGapps Mini/Nano and Banks GAPPS work best.
Understand that Paranoid Android is a custom ROM and it might lead to addiction as it's relatively good. We shouldn't be accused of anything just incase your cat starts drinking wine. Things get a little woozy in the Paranoid World.
Some brain might be involved if things go wrong. Not a lot though, as much to solve what's 1+1.
Okay let's get to the main bit -
Once you have all the required files - boot into recovery and wipe the bananas out of your device. Get into the wipe menu and wipe data, system, cache and dalvik cache (basically everything except Internal Storage).
Once wiped, get into the "Install from zip" menu and select the ROM zip. (pa_bacon_6.x...). Once added to the install queue, TWRP will ask you if you want to add more zips into the queue - Click on "add more zips" and select the GAPPS package.
Swipe the bar on the bottom to flash/install zips. Once both zips are done installing - Reboot into system and set-up your device, do not do anything else.
Once you're done setting up your device - well that's when you're done. One thing though - Make sure you DO NOT INSTALL any other zip in the same queue as the ROM & GAPPS. Meaning, do not flash anything like a kernel or a root package while installing the ROM. We recommend you do that AFTER you're done setting up your device.

Important / Useful links
GAPS
SuperSu

As always, we listen to what you have to say. Help us make PA better by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs HERE. Submit bug reports and we'll try to iron out issues as soon as possible - it really helps a lot.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Device Source :device-kernel-vendor
Special Thanks
@xboxfanj HE IS REALY PERFECT MAN. THX FOR EVERYTHING
@Kevinjoa

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android 6.0.3 - Geehrc (discontinued), ROM for the LG Optimus G

Contributors
metrixx02
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSPA

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2016-07-31

Created 2016-07-30
Last Updated 2016-10-28

metrixx02

May 27, 2013
Izmir
Screenshots

Screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160730-234114.png
    Screenshot_20160730-234114.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,692
  • Screenshot_20160730-234125.jpg
    Screenshot_20160730-234125.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,688
  • Screenshot_20160730-234147.png
    Screenshot_20160730-234147.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,720
  • Screenshot_20160730-234445.png
    Screenshot_20160730-234445.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 1,678
  • Screenshot_20160730-235118.png
    Screenshot_20160730-235118.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,646
Last edited:

Ronaldj25

Aug 22, 2012
La Cañada de Urdaneta
OK first, when you record a note voice, audio heard saturated. second: when you open often the camera and you spend to other applications can get a time when no longer opens and need to restart the phone. third: the ROM should bring a file manager by default

metrixx02

May 27, 2013
Izmir
OK first, when you record a note voice, audio heard saturated. second: when you open often the camera and you spend to other applications can get a time when no longer opens and need to restart the phone. third: the ROM should bring a file manager by default
i m looking some small fixes i hope looking next time ur issues could u send me log ?

garmintroll

Aug 10, 2016
PA 6.0.1 Review

First: Thank you for your work :good:. First I tried the Kevinjoa CM 13, but it has a lot of soft reboots, so I moved here.

1) Installation: Before you beginn, you need TWRP (for e975), which you have to install via ADB (USB + PC) ask Dr. Google about that. Additional to PA you need GAPPs (I choose mini-Version) and it is useful to have chainfires SuperSU.zip (UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip). All 3 zips can be installed via twrp.

2) Limitations:
I use PA-Version pa_geehrc-6.0.1-20160730 since Aug 10th (2016). I don't have any reboots or something. Everything ist running smothly.
What is working:
- Wifi
- Mobile Data
- Camera
- Phone
- Bluetooth
- GPS

What is NOT working:
- NFC (there seems to be no option to activate it) :( I love NFC!
- IPv6 **
- Bluetooth sometimes has trouble to connect (Garmin forerunner + Pioneer headset)
- Mobile Data (HSDPA): Whatsapp + Mail is not working, while signal messenger and Chrome are working

** I had to disable IPv6 with "IPv6 Disable Tool", otherwise I encountered problems with mail, etc. I have native IPv6 for internet and the ipv6-stack seems to be the problem: "Socket timeout: failed to connect to server". Update: This is related to my mailprovider (hosteurope.de), which has a workaround.

The version seems to be battery draining, my phone was empty after less than 12 hrs. :mad: I will look to the reason.

OK guys, I will continue on this post.

Regards
Garmintroll

Update: I moved to resurrection remix, because oft Bluetooth and mobile data trouble.

Last edited:

metrixx02

May 27, 2013
Izmir
First: Thank you for your work :good:. First I tried the Kevinjoa CM 13, but it has a lot of soft reboots, so I moved here.

1) Installation: Before you beginn, you need TWRP (for e975), which you have to install via ADB (USB + PC) ask Dr. Google about that. Additional to PA you need GAPPs (I choose mini-Version) and it is useful to have chainfires SuperSU.zip (UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip). All 3 zips can be installed via twrp.

2) Limitations:
I use PA-Version pa_geehrc-6.0.1-20160730 since Aug 10th (2016). I don't have any reboots or something. Everything ist running smothly.
What is working:
- Wifi
- Mobile Data
- Camera
- Phone
- Bluetooth
- GPS

What is NOT working:
- IPv6 **

** I had to disable IPv6 with "IPv6 Disable Tool", otherwise I encountered problems with mail, etc. I have native IPv6 for internet and the ipv6-stack seems to be the problem: "Socket timeout: failed to connect to server".

The version seems to be battery draining, my phone was empty after less than 12 hrs. :mad: I will look to the reason.

Regards
Garmintroll
Thx ur commends .i know that bugs first i will said that battery issue is wakelock problem if could u flash Xposed u will use Amplify and solve this problem but absolutely I look at this problem first chance .I know u are not alone .NFC is really problem.i did Smal compiles from NFC but can't solve .I don't know what is the problem exactly but I contact my friend I hope fix it soon .ipv6 issue is device source problem i could not anything now.when I solve NFC and wakelock issue I will interest it .but not have any idea this problem.i m interesting AICP usually.but when I have free time I look .

I don't understand what do you mean ur 1. Comment but it is help for u.
I m useng twrp geehrc version 3.0 if u want I can upload it .every time I did full wipe and flash ROM+open gaps aroma +SuperSU (any version)+xposed+viper4ndroid .and not have any problem
But if u want use adb it is not problem can u do my steps but I don't recommend windows adb I use everytime Linux terminal and adb .so u can't usr aroma installer in adb but I hope open gaps stock is solve ur problem.

I did not upload last build s .I m really sorry basketbuild is going maintances .i bought yesterday one host and domain I m planning use h5ai system and upload my works to domain adres .when I will do this share it .
this work my hobby.i m interesting free times .i did not fallow this forum everyday because i m working robotic hands Project but if u want contact me using hangouts i hope help for u quickly than forum :)

Reactions: nchc

tdurack

Sep 13, 2016
Working great on an old Sprint LG LS970 - thanks!

Question: Sprint/Ting 4G works, Sprint/Tello data does not work. Have attempted various APN editing tricks, but no dice. Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    disclaimer :THIS IS UNOFFICIAL PORT

We are launching brand spanking fresh. All new features. New team members. New everything and we have made sure that everything that we are releasing has been polished to our best.

The main features and enhancements that you will probably end up noticing are our custom Quick Settings tile reordering functionality, floating window support, immersive mode, the new on-the-spot interface and CM Theme Engine. There's much more to come, so sit tight!

Feature highlights

Floating mode
    Immersive mode
    On-the-spot controls
    Quick settings re-order
    Paranoid OTA (Updates)
    Battery styles
    Advanced power dialog
    Quick pull-down
    Theme engine

BUGS:NFC (i hope fix it in few days)

First Boot Time may 10 minute
    Download
    AOSPA

Changelogs

As we're getting back into the thread game, keeping up with threads and updating them as per changelogs can be too hectic given our schedule. However, very detailed changelogs always go up on our Google+ page, follow us for constant updates!

Instructions & requirements

We highly recommend you to follow these instructions very carefully. Users usually tend to skip a few steps and eventually fall in trouble. Are you with me? Good. Let's get this train going.

Just a few things to keep in mind first -
    If you're coming from another ROM / Stock, your system data (not internal storage) will have to be wiped. This includes apps, accounts, messages, call logs etc.
    There's been some users complaining about different GAPPS variants messing up installs and causing a ton of issues. Upon investigating it seems OpenGapps Mini/Nano and Banks GAPPS work best.
    Understand that Paranoid Android is a custom ROM and it might lead to addiction as it's relatively good. We shouldn't be accused of anything just incase your cat starts drinking wine. Things get a little woozy in the Paranoid World.
    Some brain might be involved if things go wrong. Not a lot though, as much to solve what's 1+1.
    Okay let's get to the main bit -
    Once you have all the required files - boot into recovery and wipe the bananas out of your device. Get into the wipe menu and wipe data, system, cache and dalvik cache (basically everything except Internal Storage).
    Once wiped, get into the "Install from zip" menu and select the ROM zip. (pa_bacon_6.x...). Once added to the install queue, TWRP will ask you if you want to add more zips into the queue - Click on "add more zips" and select the GAPPS package.
    Swipe the bar on the bottom to flash/install zips. Once both zips are done installing - Reboot into system and set-up your device, do not do anything else.
    Once you're done setting up your device - well that's when you're done. One thing though - Make sure you DO NOT INSTALL any other zip in the same queue as the ROM & GAPPS. Meaning, do not flash anything like a kernel or a root package while installing the ROM. We recommend you do that AFTER you're done setting up your device.

Important / Useful links
    GAPS
    SuperSu

As always, we listen to what you have to say. Help us make PA better by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs HERE. Submit bug reports and we'll try to iron out issues as soon as possible - it really helps a lot.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

Device Source :device-kernel-vendor
    Special Thanks
    @xboxfanj HE IS REALY PERFECT MAN. THX FOR EVERYTHING
    @Kevinjoa

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android 6.0.3 - Geehrc (discontinued), ROM for the LG Optimus G

Contributors
    metrixx02
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSPA

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-07-31

Created 2016-07-30
    Last Updated 2016-10-28
    Screenshots

Screenshots
    pa 6.0.3 is up
    cool, i will become an official tester of this ROM and will shall present bugs, errors and i will sending Logcats. Sorry for my bad english.✌

2) Limitations:
    What is working:
    - Wifi
    - Mobile Data
    - Camera
    - Phone
    - Bluetooth
    - GPS

What is NOT working:
    - IPv6 **

** I had to disable IPv6 with "IPv6 Disable Tool", otherwise I encountered problems with mail, etc. I have native IPv6 for internet and the ipv6-stack seems to be the problem: "Socket timeout: failed to connect to server".

Regards
    Garmintroll
    Thx ur commends .i know that bugs first i will said that battery issue is wakelock problem if could u flash Xposed u will use Amplify and solve this problem but absolutely I look at this problem first chance .I know u are not alone .NFC is really problem.i did Smal compiles from NFC but can't solve .I don't know what is the problem exactly but I contact my friend I hope fix it soon .ipv6 issue is device source problem i could not anything now.when I solve NFC and wakelock issue I will interest it .but not have any idea this problem.i m interesting AICP usually.but when I have free time I look .

I don't understand what do you mean ur 1. Comment but it is help for u.
    I m useng twrp geehrc version 3.0 if u want I can upload it .every time I did full wipe and flash ROM+open gaps aroma +SuperSU (any version)+xposed+viper4ndroid .and not have any problem
    But if u want use adb it is not problem can u do my steps but I don't recommend windows adb I use everytime Linux terminal and adb .so u can't usr aroma installer in adb but I hope open gaps stock is solve ur problem.

I did not upload last build s .I m really sorry basketbuild is going maintances .i bought yesterday one host and domain I m planning use h5ai system and upload my works to domain adres .when I will do this share it .
    this work my hobby.i m interesting free times .i did not fallow this forum everyday because i m working robotic hands Project but if u want contact me using hangouts i hope help for u quickly than forum :)