Paranoid Android 7.1.2 - AOSPA - Moto G5 Plus - Potter

Search This thread

DJFrostbyte

Aug 22, 2017
which gapps package is recommended for this ROM? is there a big difference between OpenGApps and BeanGApps?
also can we flash Stock GApps if OpenGApps are used?
sorry for the noob questions ?

Dahenjo

Oct 18, 2014
CT
Huh, the latest update is odexed. Neat. It breaks my patcher though so I can't use microG. Oh well. This rom is to good to stop using because of that.

I had a few fcs with things like Lawnchair and microG (I use it for OG Youtube) that I never had before. It also wasn't smooth like the previous builds and seemed to lag a bit at times. Am doing a second install now just to make sure, am using EX1.05 but was before on the 8-20 build without these issues.

Edit: had those same two fcs during setup on second install last night, but no errors since and everything seems to be running ok, will monitor.

Last edited:

zeft64

Mar 26, 2012
which gapps package is recommended for this ROM? is there a big difference between OpenGApps and BeanGApps?
Gapps are a personal thing but beans gapps will break camera if you install the one with Google cam. Tbh what I do personally (probably too much work for most) it's flash the rom by itself and see if there are any stock apps that come with the rom that I like. For example some roms like this one have a browser... So I'll use open gapps aroma to install the Google apps that I want and leave the stock apps that I like PA's browser, messaging, and phone app. Also if I use the stock browser from a rom I usually install Google web view because it gets updated and it's more secure than waiting for an entire rom update just to have aosp/chromium web view updated

DJFrostbyte

Aug 22, 2017
man that "Device is HD capable" notification is annoying... only way to get rid of it is to use Magisk instead of Super Su and flash another Magisk mod...
does anyone know how to get rid of that notification without using Magisk?

dayask

Sep 8, 2016
kolkata
man that "Device is HD capable" notification is annoying... only way to get rid of it is to use Magisk instead of Super Su and flash another Magisk mod...
does anyone know how to get rid of that notification without using Magisk?
You can hide from Main home screen status bar...but if u pull down notification panel u can see it though

Akhil_dev

Apr 3, 2016
I've always used beans gapps and you know what I still love it :)

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I haven't seen that though and I definitely make he calls on my phone
Thats only there when volte is active

zeft64

Mar 26, 2012
I've always used beans gapps and you know what I still love it :)

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Thats only there when volte is active
Volte is active. Even before I turn off the icon for it I still never saw that

JoRocker

Apr 13, 2017
I am wiping all data, cache, except internal. I flash the ROM, reboot recovery, normal gapps, reboot recovery, installed SuperSU then booted system.

Random apps FC, including some system settings. I can't go to preferences of Gboard, or parts of display settings, before it just closes and asks if I want to restart the app or wait.

First time I thought it was a bad flash, but it's doing the same things on second attempt.

triggerlord

Dec 15, 2015
Moto G7 Plus
I am wiping all data, cache, except internal. I flash the ROM, reboot recovery, normal gapps, reboot recovery, installed SuperSU then booted system.

Random apps FC, including some system settings. I can't go to preferences of Gboard, or parts of display settings, before it just closes and asks if I want to restart the app or wait.

First time I thought it was a bad flash, but it's doing the same things on second attempt.

Working fine for me. Try redownloading the rom. Maybe it got corrupted/damaged.

CreasingMass Dev

Jul 16, 2014
C. Izcalli

Lol don't reboot between flashes
Flash everything together one after one and then reboot at the end

gagan.yadav.96

Jul 18, 2015
Gurgaon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170827-042431.jpg
    Screenshot_20170827-042431.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 236

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

We’re really excited to announce that we are releasing our Nougat flavour of Paranoid Android. We have a lot in store - with a mix of both features & improvements.

First & foremost, we have moved our code base to be fully CAF based. This brings many improvements to your device. The key improvement here is that Qualcomm hardware is better tuned on the CAF base and with our additional optimisations we can provide a smooth and fluid user experience that will let you enjoy using your device without any lags.

On first launch you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson who’s teamed up with us again and created several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those of you who don’t know, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose work stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We have also added several new features and made improvements to the UI of the system that we believe would enhance the overall experience.

Pie
    We’ve been working hard on redesigning this key feature of our portfolio and we’re really happy with how it has turned out. The whole design has been reworked and it fits in well with the overall feel of Google’s Material Design. This gives you the opportunity to use more gesture based control for navigating, rather than using the standard Navigation Bar at the bottom of your screen. Expect improvements and additions in the future.

Color Engine
    We’re proud to announce our newest feature - Color Engine. Color Engine allows you to seamlessly change the colors of your device to be in Light, Dark (Pixel) and Black modes with a variety of accent colors to choose from. This makes changing the theme of your device really quick without having to install any extra packages on your device.

Major features:

- Reworked Pie
    - Color engine
    - Immersive mode
    - Buttons customization (including navigation bar)
    - On the spot controls (OTS)

Minor features:
    - SafetyNet Compatibility
    - Battery/Notification LED control
    - Recent tasks locking
    - Battery icon customization
    - Google now page in default launcher
    - Substratum (OMS) support (Color engine will be deactivated if you use Substratum)
    - Quick pulldown
    - Various performance and battery improvements
    - Display Burn-in protection (for OLED screens)
    - More to explore

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues
    unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

url]

Download

Get our latest Moto G5 Plus (potter) build here.

Instructions & requirements

- Install TWRP
    - Backup your current rom
    - Download the rom and optionally OpenGapps and SuperSU
    - Place the files on your SD Card
    - Wipe everything except for Internal Storage and SD Card in TWRP
    - Flash the files & enjoy!

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    SuperSU root package
    Paranoid Android Community (G+)
    Device tree
    Kernel tree

As always, we listen to what you have to say. Help us make PA better by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here. Submit bug reports and we'll try to iron out issues as soon as possible - it really helps a lot.

Our device maintainers and CAF caretakers @TheCrazyLex, @xboxfanj, @arter97, @ChrisLahaye @Thecrazyskull are right here at xda. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android 7.1.2 - AOSPA - Moto G5 Plus - Potter, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    gregor160300, vache, fAIyaZ, vishal_android freak,
    luca020400, LuK1337, Thecrazyskull, nitin.chobhe, frantisheq
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-19
    Last Updated 2017-08-20

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android 7.1.2 - AOSPA - Moto G5 Plus - Potter, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    gregor160300, gregor160300, vache, fAIyaZ, vishal_android freak, luca020400, luk1337, Thecrazyskull, nitin.chobhe
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-19
    Last Updated 2017-08-19
    FAQ:

Q: How do I use the fingerprint scanner for navigation?
    A: Disable the onscreen navbar in the buttons section of settings

Q: How to enable PIE mode?
    A: Enable immersive mode and it will ask you for PIE

Q: When will there be new updates?
    A: Updates will happen at least once a week, or when a bug fix or PA rom update is available (usually one to two days in between new release from PA and me building it)

Changelogs:

25th of August 2017
    - Update to latest sources
    - Enable selinux enforcing

20th of August 2017
    - Updated to PA 7.2.3
    - Fixed panorama mode (credits to @vache)
    - Fixed video recording (credits to @vache)

19th of August 2017
    - Initial build with ALL PA FEATURES ENABLED
    Parnanoid android 7.3.0 is released and it's their last update for Nougat they said. Can't wait to see it for our phone! If the dev is still interested in making it.
    Yes I will do this update, but the sources aren't available yet, so I will have to wait
    New build up, now with selinux enforcing
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone