Paranoid Android 7.1.2 - AOSPA - Moto G5 Plus - Potter

Search This thread

error404

Jan 27, 2011
error404android.tumblr.com
OnePlus 8T
That's the thing. What extra features? The reason I like custom roms is for things like theming, clock and battery adjustment, different recents styles, etc and none of those exist on this rom......so with the stock rom being so stable as it is it seems silly to use a rom that doesn't have any of this features and even downgrade your camera for nothing, idk.
Use another rom, simple. You don't need to clutter this thread.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Its missing a major option and the op isnt responding to my ques. So whats amazing in that?
What a crying baby...
1 I doubt you use hdr that much, you probably don't even know how to use it
2 the op don't have to answer all your crying.
3 nobody else is having your problems, so why fix something that's not broken?

Reactions: hashroot

triggerlord

Dec 15, 2015
Moto G Power (2021)
That's the thing. What extra features? The reason I like custom roms is for things like theming, clock and battery adjustment, different recents styles, etc and none of those exist on this rom......so with the stock rom being so stable as it is it seems silly to use a rom that doesn't have any of this features and even downgrade your camera for nothing, idk.
-pocket mode
-color engine
-the refined aosp apps
-accidental touch prevention
-material pie
Etc... Just read the OP. Oh and BTW, HDR does work on this ROM.

Sent from my Motorola XT1687 using XDA Labs

Reactions: zeft64

carnivalrejectq

Use another rom, simple. You don't need to clutter this thread.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

What a crying baby...
1 I doubt you use hdr that much, you probably don't even know how to use it
2 the op don't have to answer all your crying.
3 nobody else is having your problems, so why fix something that's not broken?
I switch between a lot of different roms, thanks. Was just genuinely wondering why people like this one so much and I got an answer (pretty good one too) thus I didn't keep responding and "cluttering" it more. People are so moody around here. I meant no harm or foul. Matter of fact the answer provided made me want to try this rom again keeping in mind what was said. So was it really so terrible the question I asked lol9

Last edited:

DJFrostbyte

Aug 22, 2017
Reasons why I absolutely love AOSPA ROM over others,
- Theming Engine (with both full OMS support and an in built theme engine this ROM is just perfect for those who love themes).
- PA Camera (Much better than any Camera app I've ever used...not quality wise but UI wise).
- Stability (before this ROM I tried Lineage 14.1, RR, AOKP, AOSP Extended and AOSiP but none offered me with good balance between speed and battery life... every ROM had some or the other issue which made them unreliable).
- Pie (The original Pie control feature from 2012/13 JB era blew everyone away along with other features, I personally had loved it as soon as I saw it but couldn't get AOSPA then due to having a potato phone (Galaxy Y lol). Later I got the Original 1st gen Moto G and within a week started to install various ROMs but was satisfied with none until AOSPA KitKat had come out. So yeah I'm a long time fan of AOSPA and now the Prodigal-ROM :p has returned to the 5th Gen of Moto G series ?).
- Battery life (When it comes to battery life, there is no one that can challenge the likes of super lite ROMs like Slimroms, However this ROM with ElementalX kernel provides a similar if not better battery life. I'd love to see some Advanced Battery Profile options in settings menu like Lineage OS though).
- Moto Actions (I know this feature is available in other ROMs as well but devices like the Google Pixel or others get only the bare bones AOSPA. Very thankful to the devs to include this incredibly useful feature).
- Accidental Touch and Pocket mode (extremely handy features...now I can't live without these LMAO).

all this ROM needs now is,
- better polishing (I like to use a full black theme via the theme engine with Lima/Vermillion accents, however in some places the white theme is still there like the Gestures Menu).
- OTA updates (I know I know this is sadly not an Official ROM but having to check XDA everyday just to check an update is out or not is a bit of hassle ?).

DJFrostbyte

Aug 22, 2017
Screenshot_20170828-195155.png

Screenshot_20170828-195212.png

for those who were having doubts over battery life :)
Im using ElementalX kernel with this ROM btw.

gregor160300

Apr 2, 2014
Oud-Beijerland
I really like this rom. The only issue I have is with bluetooth. It connects seemlessly to my car, but when I try to make a call it says: "dial up failed". Am I missing something in the settings or something? It works fine on stock and also on LOS.
Hmm, not something I can try, cause I don't have a car, probably an issue with the rom, not device tree as far as I know

Reactions: mousse04

InsaneNexuS

May 29, 2016
I found a little glitch. Nothing major but just something I felt like pointing out. When holding the settings icon it show the toggles but only shows the name instead of icon and name. It does show it on other roms. Please don't hate on me just wanted to point this out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170828-212250.jpg
    Screenshot_20170828-212250.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 399

DJFrostbyte

Aug 22, 2017
I found a little glitch. Nothing major but just something I felt like pointing out. When holding the settings icon it show the toggles but only shows the name instead of icon and name. It does show it on other roms. Please don't hate on me just wanted to point this out.

same here... other apps do show name with icon...only the settings app doesn't show icon but shows names.

J

joeeboogz

Are u running a theme that may be issue I see u have substratum installed

InsaneNexuS

May 29, 2016

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

We’re really excited to announce that we are releasing our Nougat flavour of Paranoid Android. We have a lot in store - with a mix of both features & improvements.

First & foremost, we have moved our code base to be fully CAF based. This brings many improvements to your device. The key improvement here is that Qualcomm hardware is better tuned on the CAF base and with our additional optimisations we can provide a smooth and fluid user experience that will let you enjoy using your device without any lags.

On first launch you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson who’s teamed up with us again and created several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those of you who don’t know, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose work stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We have also added several new features and made improvements to the UI of the system that we believe would enhance the overall experience.

Pie
    We’ve been working hard on redesigning this key feature of our portfolio and we’re really happy with how it has turned out. The whole design has been reworked and it fits in well with the overall feel of Google’s Material Design. This gives you the opportunity to use more gesture based control for navigating, rather than using the standard Navigation Bar at the bottom of your screen. Expect improvements and additions in the future.

Color Engine
    We’re proud to announce our newest feature - Color Engine. Color Engine allows you to seamlessly change the colors of your device to be in Light, Dark (Pixel) and Black modes with a variety of accent colors to choose from. This makes changing the theme of your device really quick without having to install any extra packages on your device.

Major features:

- Reworked Pie
    - Color engine
    - Immersive mode
    - Buttons customization (including navigation bar)
    - On the spot controls (OTS)

Minor features:
    - SafetyNet Compatibility
    - Battery/Notification LED control
    - Recent tasks locking
    - Battery icon customization
    - Google now page in default launcher
    - Substratum (OMS) support (Color engine will be deactivated if you use Substratum)
    - Quick pulldown
    - Various performance and battery improvements
    - Display Burn-in protection (for OLED screens)
    - More to explore

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues
    unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

url]

Download

Get our latest Moto G5 Plus (potter) build here.

Instructions & requirements

- Install TWRP
    - Backup your current rom
    - Download the rom and optionally OpenGapps and SuperSU
    - Place the files on your SD Card
    - Wipe everything except for Internal Storage and SD Card in TWRP
    - Flash the files & enjoy!

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    SuperSU root package
    Paranoid Android Community (G+)
    Device tree
    Kernel tree

As always, we listen to what you have to say. Help us make PA better by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here. Submit bug reports and we'll try to iron out issues as soon as possible - it really helps a lot.

Our device maintainers and CAF caretakers @TheCrazyLex, @xboxfanj, @arter97, @ChrisLahaye @Thecrazyskull are right here at xda. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android 7.1.2 - AOSPA - Moto G5 Plus - Potter, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    gregor160300, vache, fAIyaZ, vishal_android freak,
    luca020400, LuK1337, Thecrazyskull, nitin.chobhe, frantisheq
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-19
    Last Updated 2017-08-20

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android 7.1.2 - AOSPA - Moto G5 Plus - Potter, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    gregor160300, gregor160300, vache, fAIyaZ, vishal_android freak, luca020400, luk1337, Thecrazyskull, nitin.chobhe
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-19
    Last Updated 2017-08-19
    FAQ:

Q: How do I use the fingerprint scanner for navigation?
    A: Disable the onscreen navbar in the buttons section of settings

Q: How to enable PIE mode?
    A: Enable immersive mode and it will ask you for PIE

Q: When will there be new updates?
    A: Updates will happen at least once a week, or when a bug fix or PA rom update is available (usually one to two days in between new release from PA and me building it)

Changelogs:

25th of August 2017
    - Update to latest sources
    - Enable selinux enforcing

20th of August 2017
    - Updated to PA 7.2.3
    - Fixed panorama mode (credits to @vache)
    - Fixed video recording (credits to @vache)

19th of August 2017
    - Initial build with ALL PA FEATURES ENABLED
    Parnanoid android 7.3.0 is released and it's their last update for Nougat they said. Can't wait to see it for our phone! If the dev is still interested in making it.
    Yes I will do this update, but the sources aren't available yet, so I will have to wait
    New build up, now with selinux enforcing